Coming from the Netherlands..

Materials and expertise...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let folks know here.

Coming from the Netherlands..

Postby loothi » Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:27 am

Hello!

If I manage to make it within budget - it will be my second burn!

I am looking for info about cheap ways to get to BM from Amsterdam. Any other Dutch/NL resident burners around got any tips? Especially on flights, as AMS -> Reno is around 700 EURO! Surely not..?

Any ideas gratefully received!

thanks!

loothi (at) bigfoot dot com
loothi

Postby Badger » Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:44 pm

I am looking for info about cheap ways to get to BM from Amsterdam. Any other Dutch/NL resident burners around got any tips? Especially on flights, as AMS -> Reno is around 700 EURO! Surely not..?

You really should grab that ticket. Most sources I've checked have plane prices hovering nearer to $900 (appx 900 euro). With the anticipated upsurge of fuel prices that're supposed to take place this summer I wouldn't be surprised to see prices MUCH higher.
Desert dogs drink deep.

Badger

Postby ChriXXX » Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:14 am

Tickets: Amsterdam - San Francisco via London ~ 530.- Euro
booked over www.opodo.de

hotel in SF: ~ 40.- Euro/Night/Doubleroom

Rent a Car: 10 Days rent fo a SUV ~ 300.- Euro
Open your mind as the same as the open ocean
ChriXXX

Postby Janka » Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:21 am

Tickets to Reno from most places in Europe seem to be pretty expensive, yeah. You are most likely better off buying a ticket to somewhere else, some big hub flight town like SF or even LA, renting a car, and driving up, even if you rent the car alone. And more so of course if you share expenses for that with someone else.

Besides, there's loads of stuff in California to see on the way, if you can combine BM with a week-long driving holiday there. We had loads of fun like that last year, and despite what the Americans claim, gas is [i]not[/i] expensive there, at least if you are more used to Scandinavian prices...

(I'd offer to ride share but if we are probably full already.)
Janka

Postby dj_john69 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:40 pm

A friend of mine... a 8 year burner just graduated from some travel agent school in Seattle. She is looking into getting cheap flights for fellow burners. As soon as i hear something, i'll post it. She was talking about international flights as well as flights around the US.

Oh, for you critics out there, she is doing this ONLY to save people $$ to get to the Playa !! She isn't doing it to make $$ for herself.

~John
dj_john69

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: Root Society & Osiris & BRS

Postby dj_john69 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:41 pm

dj_john69 wrote:A friend of mine... a 8 year burner just graduated from some travel agent school in Seattle. She is looking into getting cheap flights for fellow burners. As soon as i hear something, i'll post it. She was talking about international flights as well as flights around the US.

Oh, for you critics out there, she is doing this ONLY to save people $$ to get to the Playa !! She isn't doing it to make $$ for herself.

~John

Here's some updated info:

Hey....i have a friend that is a travel agent...she is ready to help save some $$ and get ya to the Playa. (She isn't doing this to make $$ but rather help out other burners...this year is her 9th year attending Burning Man).

If your interested...drop her an email at burninggirl137@yahoo.com with your flight dates, where your coming from and your prime email addy for her to contact you.

Please make your email header "Burning Man Travel".

I hope this helps you out and saves you some money.

~John
dj_john69

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: Root Society & Osiris & BRS

Return to 2011 Share Resources