RebA

All things outside of Burning Man.

RebA

Postby J » Fri Sep 26, 2003 9:15 am

I was going over some of the burning man websites I had bookmarked, checking to see if there were pictures up of 2003. and apparently the 1 website that I had been checking constantly was yours. I realized after finding mention of playa ale on it.
excellent site.
Please forget the words that I just blurted out
It wasn't me, it was my strange and creeping doubt
J

Postby Ivy » Fri Sep 26, 2003 9:18 am

excellent site.

I agree. i totally cannabalized their packing lists when I was headless chicken crazy this year trying to get all my stuff together. It was really helpful.
Ivy

Re: RebA

Postby PJ » Fri Sep 26, 2003 9:43 am

vonfunk wrote:... the 1 website that I had been checking constantly was yours. I realized after finding mention of playa ale on it.
excellent site.

You think the website is good? You should experience the ale. Holy shit, is that stuff good! And I'm not even a beer snob.
PJ

Playa Pale Ale

Postby Tiara » Fri Sep 26, 2003 9:49 am

Guess who's got a case of it?

We'll be sharing it with you, our friends, on Oct 11th. . . yum!
Tiara

Postby RebA! » Fri Sep 26, 2003 10:05 am

OOh my own thread! I wont let it go to my head.
Glad to know that we have website fans.

We will be making some addtions to the shade structure building area with pictures and better descriptions on how to make our structure. We had a lot of people asking how we put it together.

And eventually I will be scanning in a slew of photos of one the sunrise on saturday and making them into an animated file..so you can see the sunrise over and over again.

Thanks for the beer compliments too.
"My husband and I are either going to buy a dog or have a child. We can't decide whether to ruin our carpets or ruin our lives."
--Rita Rudner
RebA!

Postby Booker » Sat Sep 27, 2003 7:49 pm

So RebA!--how'd the 16 miles go? Sore?
Booker

Postby RebA! » Sat Sep 27, 2003 7:54 pm

Booker wrote:So RebA!--how'd the 16 miles go? Sore?

Well only 4 of the 16 happened. I am going to do the 16 another day this week. I was just feeling so out of it when i started the walk. I havent been sleeping really well for the past 3-4 days now. So after the hike yesterday and it being "hot" here in seattle (read 80 degrees) my body was like ya know. This isnt happening.

So i took the rest of the night off and made plum jam.

Tomorrow I might go for a short walk of around 7 miles tomorrow.
"My husband and I are either going to buy a dog or have a child. We can't decide whether to ruin our carpets or ruin our lives."
--Rita Rudner
RebA!

Postby Booker » Sat Sep 27, 2003 7:59 pm

Four is a lot. I walked to the bank a mile away or whatever this morning. Stopped for a latte on the way home. But then I'm a lazy S.O.B.
Booker

Postby Kinetic » Sat Sep 27, 2003 8:35 pm

The website was a godsend. The packing list is what I used this year. The shade structure is what I'm going to build next year. And the Playa Pale Ale is under-rated...all the comments on e-playa about it still don't measure up to just how good that liquid art is...and I say art because it takes some master craftsmanship to make "beer" that good. Even calling it beer is lame....it's that damn good.
Kinetic

Return to Open Discussion