can you connect to my audio stream?

can you connect to my audio stream?

Postby alsmusic » Mon Mar 28, 2005 2:33 pm

beta testers desired...

mms://alsmusic.serveftp.net/alsmusic_playa_radio

this is revamped/updated slightly from previous post(s)
(see: "club do you have what I want?" thread")

Recent version of Windows Media Player (version 7 or newer) or equivalent required.

Would also like to hear your comments on "listenability."
Every few hours things change... Sampling at various times is encouraged.

Please mention what time(s) of day you tuned in, times you preferred.

too bland? Too racy? Too Old? Too?

could you successfully connect? if no, please mention OS/player version and type of connecton (dial-up/dsl/etc).

Is a portable radio part of your BM equipment list?

Would you enjoy a station like this as part of your camp?

Are you interested/amused by concept of deaf/mute silent disco party? (IE: no speakers, just headphone radios)

Looking for ongoing input/collaboration as this project develops.

--Al
alsmusic

Postby Tancorix » Mon Mar 28, 2005 4:06 pm

It works fine now and so far I like what I'm hearing.
Tancorix

Yogic Flying

Postby plvictory » Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:30 am

8)

Sunday afternoon EST - chill, ambient, soft ethnic vocals..

soundtrack to my life kinda stuff

nice one
plvictory

Postby Alex_uk » Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:01 am

wow the deaf headphone disoc sounds very interestinmg but i dont know if it would work or not
Alex_uk

Postby Janka » Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:41 am

The headphone disco sounds a very fun idea :). Of course you cannot know if it works before trying it, but it does sound fun.
Janka

Postby Lassen Forge » Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:57 am

Weds AM - smooth, relaxing, not bad! Makes me think of a swanky nightclub or something, live performer with the bandstand kinda stuff...

I like it. Makes me want to do a night club theme camp. Damn!!!
Lassen Forge

Location: Where it's always... Wednesday. Don't lose your head over it.

Postby Mister Jellyfish Mister » Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:50 am

Listening at 8:48 AM PST on Thursday:

Schmaltzy lightweight jazz was not my thing but then it broke in to some Beatles and then some swanky jazz that made me raise an eyebrow in a slick and sexy fasion.

Kooky, krazy, love ya, call me, scooby dooby kawow. I'd love to wake up to this on the playa.
Art cred: Georgie Boy 2011: www.mutantvehicle.com/georgie_boy.htm ; Ein Hammer 2010; Fluffer 2009; Zsu Zsu 2008; U-Me 2007; Mantis 2006; MiniMan and Pikes Of Paranoia 2005; Time Machine Mutant Vehicle 2004. www.MutantVehicle.com
Mister Jellyfish Mister

Postby Lassen Forge » Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:19 am

I listened for a while longer yesterday before getting called out for work (ugh)... a couple of the sets were kinda technobounce (like what's on right now), a couple were some really good old rock, and there were still a few that dropped me back to that 40's nightclub in Havana (or pre-occupation Paris) which get my heart longing for a swing on the dance floor and a martini... or waiting for the contact to hand over the microfilm hidden in the cigarette case >>grins<<... not to mention the forays into country rock...

Not too shabby. But what can I say, I got it back up and running.

BBS
Lassen Forge

Location: Where it's always... Wednesday. Don't lose your head over it.

Postby Janka » Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:24 pm

Hearing you loud and clear. And couldn't have started better to please me than drunken Irish folk songs, I must say. :D Though I gather above I might have hit a funny time...:)
Janka

Postby chimchim » Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:00 am

Did you take this down? Tried connecting Sun. 1:00pm CST. It said that WMP couldn't find the file.

IE. WMP version 9. Uni account so it could be a firewall issue.

Chim Chim
We have enough youth. What we need is a fountain of smart.
chimchim

Postby alsmusic » Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:24 pm

Had some media-mashing to do that didn't like my streamer. Down for a couple of hours, but it's back now.

Just wish more folks who tuned in would see fit to leave a comment. Apathy reigns, but it's hard to tell if that's good or bad news.

Presently in a "tweaking" phase. 1158 titles now in rotaton -- collect them all!! Actively mixing at least 4 distinct sounds while trying to keep a cohesive gently butt-shaking personality through the day.

Is it working?

Sounds like I may be on the right track (or y'all are just being nice) but keep talking to me. Song's you'd like to hear? Things you heard that you hate?

I'd like to make this something the typical Burner (?? ) could stand to have playing in the background all week long.
Talk sets, of course have to wait until y'all start giving me something to talk about! More on that later.

--Al
alsmusic

Postby Mister Jellyfish Mister » Sun Apr 17, 2005 7:14 am

It's 7:09 PST, and I'm digging the flanging on "Money". "Don't let money change you..." Nice way to start a playa day.

Nancy Sinatra is now singing about her boots being made for walking.

With the fall of the Black Rock Gazzette, will this radio station be a new source for news on the playa?
Art cred: Georgie Boy 2011: www.mutantvehicle.com/georgie_boy.htm ; Ein Hammer 2010; Fluffer 2009; Zsu Zsu 2008; U-Me 2007; Mantis 2006; MiniMan and Pikes Of Paranoia 2005; Time Machine Mutant Vehicle 2004. www.MutantVehicle.com
Mister Jellyfish Mister

Postby Mister Jellyfish Mister » Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:07 pm

Now I gotta draw the line, Count. Rod Stewart? Do you think I'm sexy? It's 8:00 PM pst on April 20th and I don't care if this is the wedding remix... for the love of God, make it stop!

Wait a minute... something new... it merged into a cool synth groove. This radio station is completely unpredictable... like dating Sybil.
Mister Jellyfish Mister

Postby emily sparkle » Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:11 pm

oh damn. i can't hear it. ah well, i should go to bed anyway.
emily sparkle

Return to 2005 Theme Camps