Can anyone help me out??

Questions, answers, tips & tricks for newbies and veterans alike

Can anyone help me out??

Postby Lost Sportsbra » Mon Sep 15, 2003 3:43 am

This was my first year at Burning Man and I loved it!!! :!I want to learn how to spin!! It totally amazed me :shock: I want to venture into this. BAD!!! I have no idea where to start????? What do I need and where do I find it??Any advice?? Anyone??? PLEASE!!! :!:
Lost Sportsbra

Poi

Postby shapethrower » Wed Sep 17, 2003 1:00 am

..check out some websites on Poi (there are a few good ones) Search on : fire Poi...learn how to make your own....practice without fire....keep a wet towel nearby.
shapethrower

Postby Lost Sportsbra » Wed Sep 17, 2003 1:35 am

Thanks....I have already been on it like a rash!! I have a kit coming soon!!! I live where it snows alot soooooo I figure I will be safe!! :lol:
Lost Sportsbra

Postby JRoyale » Thu Sep 25, 2003 5:46 pm

Probably a bit far for you to travel, but check out

http://www.thecrucible.org/

I think sometimes they offer longer weekend (and hence few sessions) courses.

JR
JRoyale

Postby Lost Sportsbra » Thu Sep 25, 2003 8:21 pm

Thank you JR for the lead on the great website!!! Might be far for me to travel but...hey...... where there is a will there is a way!!!
Lost Sportsbra

Postby Badger » Thu Sep 25, 2003 9:02 pm

I want to learn how to spin!! It totally amazed me icon_eek.gif I want to venture into this. BAD!!! I have no idea where to start?????

Start with two cats - by the tail....
Desert dogs drink deep.

Badger

Postby Lost Sportsbra » Thu Sep 25, 2003 9:13 pm

Thanks Badger!! I already tried that and got in trouble!! Humane Society ,Fire Department, and all that. Got a great cattail to hang from my rear view mirror though!!!

:wink: BTW YOUR FUCKING GIFT IS IN THE MAIL!!! :lol:
Lost Sportsbra

Lessons

Postby Zig-Zag » Sun Sep 28, 2003 12:15 pm

If you are willing to put out some money I or someone I know would be willing to travel to you for lessons. In two hours I can absolutely put you two weeks ahead of where you are. If you can find a few friends who are also interested in lessons and gather up a small amount of cash mainly just to pay for Gas, food, and to make it worth my time to travel to whatever snowy hill you live on. And despite many telling me that I was the best poi spinner on the playa I know that to be false. I'm merely one of the best, but with a knack for teaching that often frustrates me. Moves that took me weeks, and many bruises to figure out I can now show in a manner of minutes. If interested you can contact me at Fireflight42@yahoo.com
I thought I knew how to party before I went to Black Rock city.
Zig-Zag

make it simple for yourself

Postby phyreseed » Sat Oct 04, 2003 5:30 pm

check out http://www.homeofpoi.com - videos, supplies, tips, and safety information.
monkey-chucking good!
phyreseed

Return to Q & A Tips and Tricks