The Miss Black Rock City 2004 Report + 2005 Plan

The Miss Black Rock City 2004 Report + 2005 Plan

Postby MBRC » Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:54 pm

Hello Citizens of Black Rock!

2004 was the premiere year for the Miss Black Rock City Project, and what a year it was! We produced four events: The Sash Making Workshop, the Miss Illumination 2004 Special Event, and of course the Miss Black Rock City 2004 Preliminaries and Main Event.

I am so impressed by the dedication of all of the contestants - they all 'got it' and seemed to be having such a great time, as I know I was! This process has always been about them: the regions, installations, theme camps, projects and/or independent spirits they represent. The Miss Black Rock City 2004 main event had finalists from New York, Southern and Northern California, Virginia, Texas, Reno, Chicago, Toronto –and more!

Take a look around our site www.missblackrockcity.com for participant biographies, photos, stories of our past events, our theme song, 2004 thank yous, and other bits of anti-corporate beauty propaganda... Participation for all events is always open to all women and men of any (or no) sexual preference and/or identity. Anyone can enter - and anyone can win. Plastic surgery, an eating disorder, Vaselined teeth and double-sided tape are not required!

In 2005 we hope to bring you Miss Flipside 2005 and of course we will be back for Miss Black Rock City 2005. Thanks to all who participated in 2004!
::StacycatS
Miss Black Rock City - The Self-Proclaimed Beauty Queen
http://www.missblackrockcity.com
MBRC

Return to 2005 Theme Camps