A fond farewell from Technopatra

Read-only messages from the Burning Man Staff

A fond farewell from Technopatra

Postby technopatra » Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:59 pm

Hello my fellow Eplayans-

The time has come for me to change out of my Eplaya Admin uniform and once again don my civvies. I'm now working full-time and just don't have the cycles to commit to working on the Eplaya anymore.

The lovely Ms. Sparkle will still be here, the rest of the Eplaya Admin team will still be in effect, and the tech team is ramping up to get some fresh PHP blood onboard to make those long-awaited improvements.
I'm going to take this opportunity to take a little break, then will be back lurking in a non-admin style.

You guys have inspired, irritated, inflamed, and slain me over the past 1.5 yrs with your hilarious stories, practical advice, impractical advice, bitchy little flame wars, timely counseling, appreciated check-ins, passionate politics, cited arguments, and more one liners than you can shake a stick at. For all the grief I got, there was a ton of sincere support, and I'd like to again thank everyone for contributing to this wild ride.

I also want to thank you for putting me through my paces. My experience here was a direct contributing factor to my getting my present job, which I love and pays the bills far, far, better than the last one.

I don't know if I can make it to the playa this year, but I'll be there in spirit, knowing I was privileged enough to be a part of the wonderful, exasperating community that has helped connect so many people.

Go on over to the Bar and have one on me.

Love you guys-

~technopatra~
technopatra

Return to Announcements