Camp Rocky Horror

Camp Rocky Horror

Postby ohcarolina » Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:07 pm

A couple of Burning Rocky Horror veterans in Santa Cruz area are in the beginning planning stages of a theme camp with full performance of the Rocky Horror Show- Not the Picture Show- We are looking for die hard, hard working people who are interested in working on this project.... we are super fun and wild but really really don't want folks who just want to perform... we need people who are talented stars ANDknow how kick-ass hard it is to do a theme camp, but how awesome it is to create a miraculous kinky campy wonderland on the playa!
ohcarolina

Postby Bob A » Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:57 pm

I'm intrigued, tell me more. My movie theater runs the Rocky Horror picture show every week we even have a 25 + year print that includes super heroes and more splices than film. I'm not an on stage person, but I go every week and do stuff behind the scenes.

Are you looking to do a camp that is the embodiment of Rocky Horror, actually living it or putting on the Stage show or both?

Bob A
Bob A

Postby megwest » Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:12 am

I am also very intested ... i will help with anything i can ... just let me know

MEG :)
megwest

Postby fitchu » Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:31 pm

I'm interested too!
do you have a webpage or something with more information about your camp?
fitchu

Postby robotland » Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:42 am

Bob A wrote: we even have a 25 + year print that includes super heroes

Did that number get "lost" in later prints or something? I used to go on weekends LONG, LONG AGO.....good fun. The camp sounds like a hoot.
Howdy From Kalamazoo
robotland

Postby Bob A » Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:38 pm

robotland wrote:

Did that number get "lost" in later prints or something? I used to go on weekends LONG, LONG AGO.....good fun. The camp sounds like a hoot.

From my understanding it was edited out for the main original domestic release so few exist now. Altough its on the dvd now as an option.

bob A
Bob A

Postby PurpleKoosh » Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:17 pm

Bob A wrote:
robotland wrote:

From my understanding it was edited out for the main original domestic release so few exist now.

The remastered prints that were released for the 20th anniversary had "Superheroes" back in its proper place, which was a good thing. However, the remastered prints were also remastered in stereo - and oddly enough, there are details on the mono prints that you don't pick up on the stereo track.
Anything purple is mine. Anything else can be dyed or painted.
PurpleKoosh

Burning Since: 2003

Postby angelgabe » Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:09 pm

Hey guys,this is gabe who played Riff-Raff in the Santa cruz performances.I'm totally into this!Let me know how I can help!
angelgabe

Postby robotland » Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:01 am

How about setting the Guiness record for "largest number of drunks doing the Timewarp in a desert?"
Howdy From Kalamazoo
robotland

Postby Mellobiker » Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:42 am

Dammit Janet...meat loaf again this year?
Still alive and well....every now and then its kinda hard to tell....still alive and well
Mellobiker

Carefree players

Postby Understudy » Tue May 24, 2005 10:22 am

Hi ,

I was a member of the carefree players in West Palm Beach, FL. I am highly intrigued by this idea. A nice 30th anniversary special. I use to host and sacrifice virgins. Still do about 2 - 4 shows a year.

Sincerely,
Brendhan
Understudy

Postby sputnik » Tue May 24, 2005 10:34 am

robotland wrote:How about setting the Guiness record for "largest number of drunks doing the Timewarp in a desert?"

That is soooo last year...
It's going to be alright.
sputnik

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Ubercarney

Postby othereye » Tue May 24, 2005 10:53 am

"It was great when it all began.." Yeah. and then the thread just died.

Anyone interested in doing this for 2006 I am IN IN IN! I've been the mom/Janet/director of my cast for just over a year and a half. This Saturday night is my last show. Give me something to look forward to! Seriously, I will work my ass off on this project with anyone willing to do the same. Reply, PM, email!

It's not so last year, Sputzy-dahlink, it's so NEXT year!!!
"Sometimes, honey, you just have to look reality in the eye and say..... 'what happened to your other eye, dude?!'" - Angela Waversak, as quoted on eriswerks.org
othereye

Postby sputnik » Tue May 24, 2005 11:00 am

othereye wrote:It's not so last year, Sputzy-dahlink, it's so NEXT year!!!

ahh...it's so far retro that it's new! I see where you're going with this.
It's going to be alright.
sputnik

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Ubercarney

so ?

Postby Understudy » Tue May 24, 2005 11:08 am

Don't dream it be it!

So is this even a possiblity for 2005?

Sincerely,
Brendhan
Understudy

Postby othereye » Tue May 24, 2005 11:34 am

Given how hard it is to manage and motivate an actual, live, functioning cast that I see every week.... Not likely. I don't see a group of us being able to coordinate anything for this year. But if we start talking now, start dreaming it, we could sure as hell be it by next year! I'd love the idea of planning a single even for this year, though. Maybe we could track down someone who'll already have a video system in place and beg them to let us screen RHPS one night? Imagine the size of that devirginizing!!! Plan some sort of in-costume meet-n-greet? Something to get us all in one place and talking, and hopefully something interesting/engaging enough to get on the calendar, Stat!

Keep talking, keep thinking...
"Sometimes, honey, you just have to look reality in the eye and say..... 'what happened to your other eye, dude?!'" - Angela Waversak, as quoted on eriswerks.org
othereye

This is where Dreams come through

Postby Understudy » Tue May 24, 2005 11:52 am

Okay , So the notice seems short to throw together an official theme camp. And I have to be in Tasmania next year , so this may be the only year I go. It may be possible with a little effort and a little help to throw something interesting together.

Let's start with what we need ( not what we want ). And see if we can do something from there.

1. DVD RHPS ( I got that )
2. DVD player ( I got that )
3. Power source ( I have a small one so I might not have that. ) Maybe a couple of them together.
4. Extension cords power strips ( I have some of those.)
5. A place to do that ( Well there is the playa)

Now the burningman doesn't like feather boas so you would have to use something else.

Let's throw some stuff against the wall and see what sticks. I am on the road for the next couple of days so my responses won't be as fast but I will respond.

Sincerely,
Brendhan
Understudy

Re: This is where Dreams come through

Postby othereye » Tue May 24, 2005 12:17 pm

Understudy wrote:Okay , So the notice seems short to throw together an official theme camp. And I have to be in Tasmania next year , so this may be the only year I go. It may be possible with a little effort and a little help to throw something interesting together.

Well if we get a little sumthin-sumthin up and running for this year, and then a theme camp next year, by the time you get back we should be well established, no? *G*

Let's start with what we need ( not what we want ). And see if we can do something from there.

1. DVD RHPS ( I got that )
2. DVD player ( I got that )
3. Power source ( I have a small one so I might not have that. ) Maybe a couple of them together.
4. Extension cords power strips ( I have some of those.)
5. A place to do that ( Well there is the playa)

6. A digital projector. A GOOD one.
7. A surface to project onto. A BIG one.
8. People. to act, to tech...

Now the burningman doesn't like feather boas so you would have to use something else.

I could probably guilt my cast into sending me the to-die-for fabric boas I made for them, at least for a couple of weeks.

Of course.... there's always the possibility of taking the "Picture" out of the picture. Just doing The Rocky Horror Show. Live. I'm up for it! But then that generates a whole new batch of issues with rehearsals and yada yada....
othereye

Postby blyslv » Tue May 24, 2005 1:32 pm

When I was 12 or 13 my parents let me drive with my big brother and sister into scary Greenwhich Village to see a midnight showing of the RHPS. I remember standing at the pisser while a Frankn'furter stood next to me; pretty heady for a confuzzled boy trembling on the verge of something or other.

I'm booked for this summer, but would love to stop by whatever camp you guys come up with it sounds like you have a great start and realistic approach.

Thanks for the memories!
Fight for the fifth freedom!
blyslv

Postby othereye » Tue May 24, 2005 1:39 pm

Thanks for the encouragement! I'd really REALLY love to see this turn into something for next year. Keep an eye out, yeah?
othereye

Casting Call!!!!!!!!!

Postby Understudy » Tue May 24, 2005 4:21 pm

Okay my wife had said she eligible for Janet, Columbia, or Rocky.

Let's say if you have a desire to learn or actively know a Rocky Horror part. Speak now. Remeber Transes are also needed.

We could use the side of one of the big tents as a screen? What do you think?

How about some props . I figure one of the bikes we get around the playa with for Eddie's motorcycle would work?

I need items that won't turn into MOOP either, so the ablity to recycle what we use would be cool. Ideas and suggestions are strongly encouraged. :)

Sincerely,
Brendhan
Understudy

big purple onions

Postby gnostikoi » Wed May 25, 2005 12:04 am

I used to be a Trannie, years ago when I lived in San Luis Obispo, CA. I'm sure if I ran through it a few times it would all come back to me - the question is whether I can risk getting "I'm Going Home" stuck in my head for another five years ;)

Honestly, I would be interested in participating in a performance, although I already have a camp that I'm very dedicated to so I wouldn't be interested in officially joining another camp.
gnostikoi

Re: This is where Dreams come through

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed May 25, 2005 9:08 am

othereye wrote:I could probably guilt my cast into sending me the to-die-for fabric boas I made for them, at least for a couple of weeks.
HOney, if you have the mysterious power of making 2-dye-4 fabric boas, you could parlay that into a party with your locals who would love to learn. THAT you could do for this year.

(How about on-playa auditions for next? Could you throw something together?)
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby othereye » Wed May 25, 2005 10:59 am

Not that easy, fishie-friend. It takes around 14 YARDS of fabric and at least 2 hours on a good sewing machine to make a single boa. These are hardcore puppies!

As for auditions... huh? Audition this year for next year's cast(s)? Could make sense...
othereye

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed May 25, 2005 2:56 pm

Um. Went to a "Do-eversity" event for fur coat making. 9ish am to late afternoon. Multiple sewing machines. I'm not asking you to make, I'm just pointing out that you have a secret others may crave. (and they can buy theire own fabric.)
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Re: big purple onions

Postby Understudy » Wed May 25, 2005 4:51 pm

[quote="gnostikoi"]I used to be a Trannie, years ago when I lived in San Luis Obispo, CA. I'm sure if I ran through it a few times it would all come back to me - the question is whether I can risk getting "I'm Going Home" stuck in my head for another five years ;)

Honestly, I would be interested in participating in a performance, although I already have a camp that I'm very dedicated to so I wouldn't be interested in officially joining another camp.[/quote]

That's what we love willing victims. Your participation would be greatly appreciated.

While Camp RHPS won't be an official camp, I am grateful for any participation you can give. Ideas and suggestions on how to put this together are welcome. Check other ideas in the topic see if if you can improve on one or add to one. If not we accept warm bodies for Trannies. :)

Thanks,
Brendhan
Understudy

Postby Understudy » Wed May 25, 2005 4:56 pm

[quote="othereye"]Not that easy, fishie-friend. It takes around 14 YARDS of fabric and at least 2 hours on a good sewing machine to make a single boa. These are hardcore puppies!

As for auditions... huh? Audition this year for next year's cast(s)? Could make sense...[/quote]

If you have an idea on how to sew these puppies and could share the technique. I may try to make one. Not twenty, but one. Let me know how you progress goes. If we can gt someone else to make just one it would be helpful.

Auditions, hmmm. I think willing bodies with a good energy level would do for this year. If you want to subject some of this years to next's years go for it. My idea right now is to beg. :)
Just shameless aren't I?

Sincerely,
Brendhan
Understudy

Postby Understudy » Wed May 25, 2005 4:59 pm

[quote="theCryptofishist"]Um. Went to a "Do-eversity" event for fur coat making. 9ish am to late afternoon. Multiple sewing machines. I'm not asking you to make, I'm just pointing out that you have a secret others may crave. (and they can buy theire own fabric.)[/quote]

Cryptofishist: If we can ask her, blackmail her, bribe her into showing us how they are made, would you make one for us as a gift? Pretty please with sugar and a cherry on top. (I'm shameless)

Sincerely,
Brendhan
Understudy

Postby othereye » Wed May 25, 2005 9:23 pm

I'm totally willing to post full, detailed instructions on boas. At SOME point. Y'all may have to wait a bit. Currently in the proccess of packing up and moving out-of-state. When I get time, I'll make a tutorial (possibly with pics) and post it in my LJ or something with a link so's you's can learn.

I didn't find a pattern or anything. I found 7 yards of perfect fabric and started figuring out what I'd have to do as I did it. I loathe patterns. (hah. just finished one. they're still irritating as fuck.)

Anywho. Tomorrow I will be posting an unveiling of my grand scheme for this year. I think you'll like it. Stay tuned.
othereye

Postby secondweekendinjuly » Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:56 pm

OMG!
I once got busted by my mother...sneaking out the bedroom window to go see the movie...dressed in fish nets, surgical gown, and HER black pumps. I was fourteen.

I can do rigging and stage.....comitted for 05, but next year?

Did anyone notice that Tim Curry won a Tony for SPAM-A-LOT?
SWEET.....
Somewhere in between living and dreaming comes something else. Guess what it is.
secondweekendinjuly

Burning Since: 1995

Next

Return to 2005 Theme Camps