Eplaya Camp 2005

Postby spectabillis » Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:14 am

my attorney has advised not to associate with any camp that would take me as a member.
spectabillis

Postby tonytohono » Sat Jan 22, 2005 2:38 pm

spectabillis wrote:my attorney has advised not to associate with any camp that would take me as a member.

How about as a participant? We don't want members... We want participants.
tonytohono

Postby spectabillis » Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:25 pm

tonytohono wrote:How about as a participant? We don't want members... We want participants.

Can camp placement be 1/4 mile from the next encampment?
spectabillis

Postby spectabillis » Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:30 pm

blyslv wrote:
gigglesnort wrote:I just officially started my very first ever official Virgin Box of Things to Take to Burning Man.

Hookers and blow?

Note to Self: this time poke holes in the boxes so they can breathe
spectabillis

Postby tonytohono » Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:05 pm

spectabillis wrote:
tonytohono wrote:How about as a participant? We don't want members... We want participants.

Can camp placement be 1/4 mile from the next encampment?

I'm thinking this is probably highly unlikely... but maybe we could have a satelite camp located out on the outskirts for people that need their space... then we could have organized visits, oh, say evert three hours for say, increments of 15 minutes or something.

=)
tonytohono

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:55 pm

Well who's in? What's the vision? Do we have a bar, Tish? Most important--do we have a shade structure?
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby tonytohono » Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:47 am

We are waiting fishy. We have no clue yet. But we are patient and we are keeping the faith. =)
tonytohono

Postby helitack » Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:59 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:Well who's in? What's the vision? Do we have a bar, Tish? Most important--do we have a shade structure?

Shade structures are for sissies.
helitack

Camp Name: Apokiliptika

Postby DVD Burner » Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:00 pm

:lol:

"The art is in the digit!"

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby killercrash26 » Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:18 am

Hey all...
you could all count me in. I would be glad to help with anything. I am coming from South Bend, by drive...and yea, its gonna take awhile. Anyways, im very willing to help, i am very ambitious, and i want to make this a great first time experience. Just let me know where to camp, so i can at least be around others from Eplaya. Cool
-Crash
'You buy the ticket...you take the ride'
killercrash26

Postby Nightterror » Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:49 am

helitack wrote:
theCryptofishist wrote:Well who's in? What's the vision? Do we have a bar, Tish? Most important--do we have a shade structure?

Shade structures are for sissies.

Then you should fit right in.
I express my excitement by brutally interrogating whomever is nearby
Nightterror

Postby b00m3rang » Sun Feb 06, 2005 9:45 am

Ok, I've read through to page 8 and I can't keep from piping in on this one. You seem like a sufficiently crackheaded bunch for me to get along with, let's do this. I've got my ticket, I'm looking for a camp, and I'd be happy to throw a couple hundred bucks toward a bar.

In addition to that, I'm going to build a clock that's made up of 6 poles, the tallest being 20' tall, each one with 3' tall el-wire ones and zeros that would let you read the time in binary from probably a mile away or so depending on conditions. I think it would make the front of any theme camp not ony stand out, but be quite useful for all. I'm going to use one of these to control the thing: http://www.thinkgeek.com/cubegoodies/lights/59e0/

I've also got a sound system with turntables, 4 cabinets with 8 15"s and 4 tweeters, a couple thousand watts, and I may have subwoofers by then (not sure). If we want to do the DJ/band thing, I'd be happy to bring it out. I want to spin house music once in a while, but I also want to mix it up with sets of... whatever. Reggae, punk, ska, synthpop, jam rock, acid mariachi, polkacore, ambient in the morning, whatever!

I've also got a 5500 watt diesel generator. The 8gal tank runs over 12 hours.

Plus, I'll most likely be bringing a friend of mine who can build anything. He's got the "tower of power" in his backyard (an elevated deck about 15'x15', and he wants to build something similar for BM.

Any of this sound like it might fit in to the master plan (or lack thereof)?
b00m3rang

Postby b00m3rang » Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:00 am

Just to clarify, that's 8 15's total, not per cabinet.
b00m3rang

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:55 am

Ooooh Oooooh Ooooooh! The clock will make us a Rendevous Point! Just like in the old movies!

HubbaHubba
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:38 am

Can we offer fake nature hikes--or would that be too spectatorish?
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Postby blyslv » Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:41 pm

b00m3rang wrote:

I've also got a 5500 watt diesel generator.

Auuuugh!!! my ears are bleeding!
Fight for the fifth freedom!
blyslv

Postby b00m3rang » Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:02 pm

Yeah, I'm going to sell it and buy one of those nice quiet insulated Hondas, but I dont' know if that'll happen this year.
b00m3rang

Postby tonytohono » Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:08 am

SO you are into doing this too Boomerang. Awesome. We need to find out what Samtzu is going to do. Find him and start pelting him with questions. He is around here somewhere. The official deadline is March 1st, but I am gettting impatient and there is another camp I am seriously considering and if this one is going down then I want to jump into something soon.

Anyway, I am up for it until I say otherwise. Come on people. Start letting on.
tonytohono

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:00 pm

How about a seance to raise "The Spirit of Burning Man."
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Postby spectabillis » Sat Feb 12, 2005 6:04 am

theCryptofishist wrote:How about a seance to raise "The Spirit of Burning Man."

hey, some of us still have the spirit. its just drowning in a animegothraver horde.
spectabillis

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:25 am

I;m thinking, table, crystal ball, ectoplasm, funny outfits. you know. a seance.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Postby blyslv » Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:26 am

It would be great if somebody else put this all together.
blyslv

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:32 am

Thanks. I've been desparately trying to come up wiht some interactivity for the camp but it all seems to fall on deaf ears.

Oh well.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Postby blyslv » Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:06 pm

My comment comes from observing this thread, some 40 plus pages of nobody stepping up to the plate. If all y'all want to do a camp, it seems to me somebody has to have the guts to just say:

"Here is my vision, come play with us!"

Saying that does not preclude multiple visions, but it does provide a starting point. I haven't seen anybody say: "I'm going to register us, so we can announce where we'll be camped, hope you show up."
blyslv

Postby killercrash26 » Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:43 pm

OK, after much read of this thread...most of what im readin is that people just need some motivation. So...i think we should try talk it up till we can meet at a designated place when we get there, and combine our efforts together. That way if everyone brings the sence of not knowing what to expect, it would help out knowing we are all just gonna have to make do with what we have learned to bring. I know my code name is 'MacGyver' so i will do with what i can, and some duct tape and my swiss army knife. Anyways, just my thoughts...but its gettin closer by the day.
-Crash
'You buy the ticket...you take the ride'
killercrash26

Postby tonytohono » Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:51 pm

blyslv wrote:My comment comes from observing this thread, some 40 plus pages of nobody stepping up to the plate. If all y'all want to do a camp, it seems to me somebody has to have the guts to just say:

"Here is my vision, come play with us!"

Saying that does not preclude multiple visions, but it does provide a starting point. I haven't seen anybody say: "I'm going to register us, so we can announce where we'll be camped, hope you show up."

I'll tell you what blyslv.... I am nominating you to run the show. Are you interested? If you are and you want to take control talk to Samtzu. He was previously trying to coordinate it, and had collected email addys of all interested, but it seems he may not be able to attend this year's event. So someone else needs to step up. I'm willing to contribute as much as I possibly can, but I'm not going to lead it.
tonytohono

Postby tonytohono » Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:12 pm

I guess I should make this known...

If this camp happens it's not going to be due to me. Due to too many circumstances to cite I have signed on elsewhere. I'm out of here.

Goodluck.
tonytohono

what y'all need

Postby swampdog » Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:49 pm

I've been following this thread, waiting to see if it was going to turn into anything. It's starting to sound like, no. Which seems a shame. It still seems salvageable if you pull together some real and virtual meetings and start saying things like "we will do this" instead of "we could do this". Decide if you are going to have an overall art/participation project or several smaller projects brought together. Assign people to head up the various components (art, booze, food, camping). Figure out who's really in and who's not. Have a shared repository for documents. Project manager stuff.

I'll ask your pardon in advance if this seems arrogant.
swampdog

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Rising Arms Pub

Postby blyslv » Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:01 pm

tonytohono wrote:
blyslv wrote: I'm willing to contribute as much as I possibly can, but I'm not going to lead it.

I thought I'd mentioned earlier that I'm not interested, I've got other plans. I was merely pointing out somethings, based on my expereince of using these forums to plan camps.

Good luck all.
blyslv

Re: what y'all need

Postby tonytohono » Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:06 pm

Someone needs to do exactly that swampdog. The problem is no one is stepping up. I couldn't do it because I came about it all in the wrong manner, and I made quite a few of our eplayans uncomfortable about my close proximity in attitude to a certain dictator with a funny haircut. I offered to shave the 'stache, but I think I offered this a bit too late. Anyway, others made claim to coordinating the project, but it would seem that there is a good possiblity that some may not even attend.

I personallly just wanted to be involved. But I am impatient and seeing it wasn't happening in any sort of timely manner I started looking for possible backups. I was already volunteered to work with the BR Gazette and I ended up taking a more significant roll with that camp.

Anyway, with all of the tension that flows all over this board the warnings I received early on from a few of the veterans began to make more sense. Too much, not enough, whatever...
tonytohono

PreviousNext

Return to 2005 Theme Camps