Suggestion: archiving old topics

We're doing it wrong...we know

Suggestion: archiving old topics

Postby blueniteowl » Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:47 am

I post this topic to make a suggestion and possibly re-spark some conversation. I find it hard, and time consuming, to try and wade through all the topics on eplaya. I'm looking for interesting and current topics. I find that I'm coming across a lot of wasted space. For instance, a topic that is giving something away and said thing was given away in 2003 and hasn't had a relevant post since. I suggest that any topics that haven't had any posts within a year should be archived. Also, I think that the "display topics from previous" is a good idea, but could be improved. I would like to see the option of seeing topics that have had recent posts not just seeing recently created topics. Thanks for reading. Comment at will.
blueniteowl

Postby PurpleKoosh » Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:20 am

The simplest thing to do is to just mark all forums as read. Then anything that gets a new post to it will automatically be forced to the top of the queue as you look at individual folders.
Anything purple is mine. Anything else can be dyed or painted.
PurpleKoosh

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: M*A*S*H 4207

Postby GuinivereElise » Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:21 am

also, one you've been on the board a little longer, you'll start to be able to see which are the active threads a little better....
GuinivereElise

Thanks!

Postby blueniteowl » Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:18 am

Thanks for the suggestions, I am starting to get the hang of it. But I still think some stuff could be archived. I've read the stuff about deleting and editing and the subsequent debate. I just think some stuff could get moved. That way it would still be searchable but wouldn't use up all the space. I'm just slightly frustrated and this forum asked for feedback. Though I now regret posting this on the main board and not sending a private note. I realize that I'm just taking up more space. SOO, I sugest they archive or delete this thread.
blueniteowl

Return to ePlaya Feedback