Watch an Art Project in Progress

Watch an Art Project in Progress

Postby Killbuck » Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:42 pm

Hellow fellow burners. I invite you to view an art project for 2005 in progress, and viewable though the internet. The "Miniman Walkee Talkee Land Puppet." Go to:
http://www.mutantvehicle.com/miniman.htm

My associate Mr. Jellyfish and I have yet to actually meet in person, but have begun this project over email, sending designs, ideas, plans, dimensions, and sharing our progress in designing and assembling components. Miniman is now actuall being built. This has been a fasciating experiment in artistic collaboration using up to now, only electrons and photons!!

Mr. Jellyfish is regularly updating the site with progress, photos and our plans, so visit every so often.

Look for Miniman to be born at BRC 2005.. he'll walk, he'll talk, he'll dance--and glow with brilliant elwire illumination at night

Kernul Killbuck
http://sideshow2014.weebly.com Bringing Sideshow back to the playa, and part of the Embrace Crew, 2014.
Killbuck

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: Sideshow

Postby geekster » Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:31 pm

Man, I can think of two people you should tell about this project. It might play well with something Swamp Dog is planning to do ... and Martini Man might give you some guidance on mechanical design particularly with articulation of various parts if you run into a snag.

Frikken awesome project!
Pabst Blue Ribbon - The beer that made Gerlach famous.
geekster

Postby Killbuck » Sun Jan 09, 2005 8:01 pm

Geekster-

Tell em to check it out. This has been one of the most hoopie things I've done so far.

Martini Man will appreciate the fact we have worked a cup holder into the design!!

The Kernul
http://sideshow2014.weebly.com Bringing Sideshow back to the playa, and part of the Embrace Crew, 2014.
Killbuck

Postby unjonharley » Sun Jan 09, 2005 8:21 pm

You are going to give the man a cod plate???
/Running to catch the last basket of the day
unjonharley

Dance Cards for MiniMan

Postby Mister Jellyfish Mister » Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:22 pm

Thanks, Killbuck. You're a champ for starting this thread, and I am learning a lot working with you.

I promise not to cross-post what is already on the dedicated website. We sure would appreciate any advice or comments offered by anybody here.

Should we consider gifting dance cards for MiniMan?
Art cred: Georgie Boy 2011: www.mutantvehicle.com/georgie_boy.htm ; Ein Hammer 2010; Fluffer 2009; Zsu Zsu 2008; U-Me 2007; Mantis 2006; MiniMan and Pikes Of Paranoia 2005; Time Machine Mutant Vehicle 2004. www.MutantVehicle.com
Mister Jellyfish Mister

Postby Mister Jellyfish Mister » Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:23 pm

unjonharley wrote:You are going to give the man a cod plate???

My face.
Art cred: Georgie Boy 2011: www.mutantvehicle.com/georgie_boy.htm ; Ein Hammer 2010; Fluffer 2009; Zsu Zsu 2008; U-Me 2007; Mantis 2006; MiniMan and Pikes Of Paranoia 2005; Time Machine Mutant Vehicle 2004. www.MutantVehicle.com
Mister Jellyfish Mister

Postby unjonharley » Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:31 pm

Mister Jellyfish Mister wrote:

My face.

^
heard of puppeteers hands up the butt. But ones head aaaaa I do'nt ,,,,well
unjonharley

The E-Art Challenge!!!

Postby Killbuck » Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:00 pm

Hey-- it's ok, it's ART man, it's ART!!

I've long thought that creating an art project collaboratively via email would be cool, I just neer realized HOW cool.

E Art Challenge:

Ok, others... would it not be a fascinating experiment, if a number of artists would work together via email or this board, each one contributing a part, a component, a section... only coordinating between one another with these fiddly bits of sub atomic particles-- back and forth-- then bring their parts, sections and components together as an installation.

Fookin Amazin!

Electrons-- Back atcha!!

The Kernul
Killbuck

Postby Zulegoona » Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:53 pm

standardized connection points only, sort of freeform tinker toys
or the space station.
Zulegoona

Postby Killbuck » Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:55 am

Yes, if the project collaborators make that a construction language they all could use remotely.

(We of AOPILIPTIKA love the word- "Collaborators" Ve shoot zem you know.)

The Kernul
Killbuck

Postby Rian Jackson » Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:19 am

Kernul Killbuck wrote:(We of AOPILIPTIKA love the word- "Collaborators" Ve shoot zem you know.)

oh, but darling, that's so BORING. there are better ways...

go look on yesterday's posts on the 'good morning' thread.
surlier than thou
Rian Jackson

Re: The E-Art Challenge!!!

Postby dragonfly Jafe » Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:50 am

Kernul Killbuck wrote:E Art Challenge:

Ok, others... would it not be a fascinating experiment, if a number of artists would work together via email or this board, each one contributing a part, a component, a section... only coordinating between one another with these fiddly bits of sub atomic particles-- back and forth-- then bring their parts, sections and components together as an installation.

Check out the Eplaya Camp thread from a few months back - they were discussing having a communal totem pole, where each member made and brought to burningman 1 "totem" (to previously agreed dimensions) that are stacked as people arrive. Maybe even re-arrangine the totems" daily.

Definately a cool idea....
dragonfly Jafe

Postby Mister Jellyfish Mister » Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:27 pm

unjonharley wrote:
Mister Jellyfish Mister wrote:

My face.

^
heard of puppeteers hands up the butt. But ones head aaaaa I do'nt ,,,,well

Out upon it then...

It's a cock. Well, actually an anatomically correct microphone facing outward and upward for the ultimate interaction. It is running through some vocoder/robotic-voice-changer circuitry and up through a hacked megaphone in MiniMan's chest.

Talk like THE MAN, baby!
Mister Jellyfish Mister

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:36 pm

E art challange...
i hadnt thought of doing something l;ike this before...but it seems really cool...you and jelly converse with eachother and if you can think of a way for me to contribute let me know...you both have my email address
-Captain Duke

Postby dragonfly Jafe » Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:50 pm

and I've been slipping them ideas for a few weeks - so that makes at least 4 (way past the conspiracy limit...)
dragonfly Jafe

Postby unjonharley » Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:45 pm

bump
unjonharley

Return to 2005 Theme Camps