New Bar Theme Camp proposed

New Bar Theme Camp proposed

Postby Rage » Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:52 pm

Our first year taught us much!

One thing we learned was that it takes a lot of people to make ant good idea happen. That is why I'm proposing this:

Camp Name:Old One Eye Bar
Neighbors: BRC Brewing Co., Colorado DnB & Portapotties!
Theme: Just your basic neighborhood bar and dancehall
Special event: A one night only Foam Party!
Hours of Operation: Based on participation

We will be conveniently located just down the street from the Pink Bar and a short walk to Disorient.

We appeal to first timers and others not wanting to camp with a huge established conglomerate. There should be reasonable space if you get there early enough.

The bar will be a basic neo-juke joint playing a wide vatiety of music.
Hoping to have abstract phallic backdrop behind a 10ft long plywood bar.
We will need bartenders, liquor contributors and all that sort of thing.

Hope to have one big party on Wednesday night with shoulder deep foam and kick ass jams!

We don't want to babysit anyone and would like to keep slightly sporatic hours.

Anyone interested in getting involved write me offlist.

Mike
NYC
"I was dreamin' when I wrote this
Forgive me if it goes astray..." - Prince
Rage

Bar Name Change

Postby Rage » Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:24 pm

A more suitable bar name might be "Eros & Psyche's Bar 'n' Grill" serving Id, Ego and Super-Ego Beer.
Rage

Postby geekster » Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:22 pm

There's always ...

Inn Toxication
Pabst Blue Ribbon - The beer that made Gerlach famous.
geekster

?

Postby Rage » Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:32 pm

I'm keeping with this years theme (as best I can).
Rage

hey

Postby psy-magpie » Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:33 pm

hey guys I haven't bought a ticket yet but am hoping too! If I do get money and myself together I would be glad to help out at your bar, providing there is lots of uv and I would be able to play the odd psy-trance tune. Coming from england I did have visions of me seving up traditional english tea in an english country garden in the middle of the desert. he he. How ace would that be. he.

keep on raving
:lol:
psy-magpie

Tea Time!

Postby Rage » Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:55 pm

Traditional English Tea would be the bomb!

I haven't figured out the UV (Black Lights) yet but Psy-Trance is definately doable...Thinking about using premixed discs rather than a DJ rig...but that may change as I already have some of the equipment I need. I'm not bringing my main gear! Dust does get into everything out there.

I'm considering driving the rig with a reasonably powerful home stereo instead of a power amp and finding some decent small PA speakers. I found that you can register yourself at the Gerlach P.O. for general delivery and then mail stuff to yourself there.

I made a cool little rig that had 2 personal CD decks into a 3 channel mixer then into a computer sound system with a subwoofer. It's reasonable.

Your ideas are welcome!
Rage

Re: hey

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:26 pm

psy-magpie wrote:hey guys I haven't bought a ticket yet but am hoping too! If I do get money and myself together I would be glad to help out at your bar, providing there is lots of uv and I would be able to play the odd psy-trance tune. Coming from england I did have visions of me seving up traditional english tea in an english country garden in the middle of the desert. he he. How ace would that be. he.

keep on raving
:lol:
When I was growing up there was this great experience in the Japanese Tea Garden in Golden Gate Park in San Francisco. You could order tea and cookies and it was always this jasmine tea and the same set of cookies: the fortune cookie, the sesame cookie (or biscuit as they say in brittain), the almond cookie and those weird little rice cookies with sour flavor on the outside. It was perfect in its stability and set in the gorgeous garden in a japanese style with a HUGE koi pond. It's still there , but now you can buy pepsi and similier products and the china doesn't match. It's lost some of the zen purity that it had.

Which is all some very eleborate way of saying if you find a way do it. Of course those of us who spent some time in england will be expecting you to produce a perfect cream tea, or at least some chocolate covered digestive biscuits.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby dragonfly Jafe » Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:27 pm

You can get a bubble machine that blows UV reactive bubbles (gold or blue colored)....Also UV reactive DJ smoke fog.
dragonfly Jafe

Effects

Postby Rage » Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:44 pm

Yes, it's a long time until the burn but we are coming from NY and the budget is growing daily. These suggestions would be better if they began:

"I'm in and will be bringing (fill in cool stuff here)..."

I'm pretty sure that the ballroom can be full of a number of camp chairs and card tables by day and removed as needed by night.

Now the koi pond...that's a problem.
Rage

english tea

Postby psy-magpie » Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:45 pm

well I haven't bought my ticket yet, depends if I can afford airfare. Being a virgin i dont know hoe to go about new ideas but if it is possible I would be more than pleased to serve up tea in a mad psychellic, alice in wonderland stylelee english rose garden. It would be craxy, he he.

as for uv bubbles I wont one!!!!!!!!!!!!
psy-magpie

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:54 pm

Look, if you just serve tea in your camp or someone else's you're gonna be doing plenty. Get your ass to the playa with something small and if you become a fanatic nut you can expand next year. There's a definate hassle factor coming from the San Francisco Bay Area, I can't imagine doing it from England. (Although I may be tested in that respect--my niece is total burner material and she starts university in a year or two.)
See if you can find some of the posts by Chai Guy, who does tea gifting from a cart set up. Those liquid refreshments are magic on the playa, btw, people who gift coffee are the luckiest people I know. *YOu are all so lucky that you can't hear fishy's tuneless, cracked voice.*
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Coffee

Postby Rage » Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:01 pm

We did coffee for all the camps close by every morning with fresh milk...we made a lot of peoples day! Those camp stove percolaters make great coffee.
Rage

refridgeration

Postby psy-magpie » Mon Jan 10, 2005 7:07 pm

just a quick question do camps have any sort of refridgeration for milk/cream. I worked at some of the festivals in England last Summer and we had our own little fridge and cooking stove. Just wanted to know if you have to bring all your own cooking gear or if some camps provide any stuff. Obviously if I am coming from the uk bringing my own fridge is not really a viable option. Also i appreciate they use tons of leccie so may have to resort to powdered milk. mmmmm
psy-magpie

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:10 am

Ice is sold at center camp so you can use a cooler. If you participate on the board, you may strike up a relationship with someone and the two or more of you may decide to camp together. If that person has an RV or a camp cooler it may work out. You might try sweetened condenced milk--it comes in cans so you can take a case and not worry about it keeping, and then when you do your thing do one or two cans worth and when they are out declare you are finished until next time (next day? three hours from now--you dicide.) The Emergency Services/Fire Department camp had a dedicated coffee guy (the incomparable Hawkeye) who had to have ESDers bring in half and half everyday. Since someone was always running some sort of logistical errand, it worked out, but in a regular camp (read one that would have to pay re-entry fees every time someone left the event) that become much less attractive. If you go with the canned milk, definately buy it in Reno.

Not sure if irradiated milk is available in the UK. It's basically not here, but I suppose that would keep and you could watch hippies decide between their principles and their fix.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Milk

Postby Rage » Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:02 am

If all goes as planned we will be able to handle your milk in our ice chests and RV fridge.
Rage

Postby upriver » Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:58 pm

Are you serious about the Foam Party? I've only been to BM once (and I most definately will be back again--got my ticket) and I've been to several Foam Parties... it's just hard to imagine both of them together. Has it been done before on the Playa? It seems like it would all just turn to mud, be way too cold to do it at night, and everyone that attends would be caked with playa until they can find a water truck....
upriver

I think that I have too much planned already

Postby Rage » Sat Apr 30, 2005 11:34 pm

I have bigger fish to fry...haven't decided yet.
Rage

Calling the volunteers together

Postby Rage » Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:53 am

Here is the location and theme:

Alien Nathans Roadhouse
9th & Delerium
in affiliation w/Black Rock City Brewing Co.
Serving Genuine Sabretts NY Dirty Water Dogs

What, you thought we mutilated all those cattle for nothing?

Rage

Postby AntiM » Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:58 am

I love the name! You're on my places I intend to visit list. I just finished an art head a few days ago that will be perfect for your bar, I will bring it by. Well, I plan to bring it by. You know what the playa does to brains.
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby AntiM » Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:01 am

Oh fishy, I remember the tea garden!
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Be nice to your brain...

Postby Rage » Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:04 am

I just got this 4ft high alien w/raygun at a yardsale that lights up from the inside like a plastic Santa.
Rage

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:11 am

<droooool>
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Return to 2005 Theme Camps