Making Masks

Materials and expertise...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let folks know here.

Making Masks

Postby Killbuck » Mon Dec 27, 2004 10:44 pm

Time is now to begin working on ideas for the 2005 burn.

Highly experienced art mask maker is willing to gift expertise.

Using ultra-lightwieght materials and unique techniques of construction.

Want to make a mask for the 2005 burn? I can help with ideas, sources of materials and methods. Feel free to contact me: 4doobers@pyramid.net

http://www.geocities.com/rx_norman
Killbuck

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: Sideshow

Postby geekster » Mon Dec 27, 2004 11:43 pm

How about a claymore cracker ....

Shaped like a claymore mine with "This side toward yahoos" on the "business" side. Made from paper mache.

A booby trap ... baited with a Prada handbag hanging from a string.

I would like to find a source for battery operated motorized crawling soldiers ... and buy a few dozen of them and let them loose on the playa

I have a few more ideas too ...
Pabst Blue Ribbon - The beer that made Gerlach famous.
geekster

Postby Killbuck » Tue Dec 28, 2004 6:24 am

I like the little soldier idea... you can mount blinky LED lights on thier heads at night. You just might find the soldiers wholesale from overseas.

I'm considering using animation in some future masks- using a new type of micro servo motor... a kind of artificial muscle made of electro-sensitive strands that contract on electrical impulses, and can be installed in very small spaces. They can be operated by a standard RC unit.

Funny you mention the Claymore Mine- that one did actually cross my mind recently. I am planning a hand grenade mask, and may have it at this next burn along with two new works- "Bugsy", an insect head, cross between a Mantis and a Locust... then there is "Iron Hat" a sort of voodoo daddy look.

Once I get the technos worked out on posting pictures here, I get some for you and others to see here on E Playa to consider possibilities, ideas and uses of materials. (Still having them either not appear, or drop off later after posting. I'll resolve it however.)

Meanwhile, at least a glimpse is available at:

)'(
The Kernul
Killbuck

Postby Killbuck » Tue Dec 28, 2004 6:25 am

I like the little soldier idea... you can mount blinky LED lights on thier heads at night. You just might find the soldiers wholesale from overseas.

I'm considering using animation in some future masks- using a new type of micro servo motor... a kind of artificial muscle made of electro-sensitive strands that contract on electrical impulses, and can be installed in very small spaces. They can be operated by a standard RC unit.

Funny you mention the Claymore Mine- that one did actually cross my mind recently. I am planning a hand grenade mask, and may have it at this next burn along with two new works- "Bugsy", an insect head, cross between a Mantis and a Locust... then there is "Iron Hat" a sort of voodoo daddy look.

Once I get the technos worked out on posting pictures here, I get some for you and others to see here on E Playa to consider possibilities, ideas and uses of materials. (Still having them either not appear, or drop off later after posting. I'll resolve it however.)

Meanwhile, at least a glimpse is available at:

)'(
The Kernul
Killbuck

Spooky missing post re-appears

Postby Killbuck » Tue Dec 28, 2004 6:28 am

Sorry for the two different versions of that message. I had the first one vanish from the known universe during preview... and decided to re do the message, only to have the first one blink back into existence...

Some kind of property of Quantum Mechanics I'm not familiar with.

"Fascinating"

The Kernul
Killbuck

Postby blyslv » Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:07 pm

I like this idea. Any thoughts on providing a space for people to construct MOOP free, burnable masks on the playa?
Fight for the fifth freedom!
blyslv

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:55 am

Dang it Kernel, I've dabbled in mask making.

Yours are wonderful.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Killbuck » Thu Dec 30, 2004 8:37 pm

http://sideshow2014.weebly.com Bringing Sideshow back to the playa, and part of the Embrace Crew, 2014.
Killbuck

Postby Killbuck » Thu Dec 30, 2004 8:40 pm

http://sideshow2014.weebly.com Bringing Sideshow back to the playa, and part of the Embrace Crew, 2014.
Killbuck

Postby Killbuck » Thu Dec 30, 2004 8:41 pm

Killbuck

Postby Mister Jellyfish Mister » Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:55 pm

Hey Kernul. We have not dicussed gifting this year. Any suggestions on artistic improvements to cheap dust masks?
Art cred: Georgie Boy 2011: www.mutantvehicle.com/georgie_boy.htm ; Ein Hammer 2010; Fluffer 2009; Zsu Zsu 2008; U-Me 2007; Mantis 2006; MiniMan and Pikes Of Paranoia 2005; Time Machine Mutant Vehicle 2004. www.MutantVehicle.com
Mister Jellyfish Mister

Postby Isotopia » Sun Jan 30, 2005 4:17 am

A booby trap ... baited with a Prada handbag hanging from a string.

Geekster, you are *SO* being swooned.

<évanouissement...>
Isotopia

Return to 2011 Share Resources