ePlaya Back Up: 2004/11/17

Read-only messages from the Burning Man Staff

ePlaya Back Up: 2004/11/17

Postby admin » Wed Nov 17, 2004 4:52 am

Greetings:

The ePlaya is coming back up after our outage this afternoon. More details to follow. It appears that posts after 2:00PST 2004/11/16 were lost. Our apologies. Please post NEW problems to the feedback forum.

We'll keep you posted as we bring other servies online.

~Spanky
admin
Site Admin

More info on outage

Postby technopatra » Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:22 am

Hi Everyone-

We suffered a catastrophic server failure at about 5:30pm Tuesday night. Spanky and Ra have put another machine in place and have restored some basic services, including most of the web site, the image gallery, and the e-playa. There may still be glitches in the services that are up, but we're on the road to recovery.

They had to restore from our previous night's backup, which happened at about 2:00am Tues morning, so any changes to any files that happened on Tuesday were lost.

This means we lost all the new topics and posts between 2am Tues and 4:30 am Wed, when they were able to get a replacement server up. We deeply regret the loss of dialogue.

Big thanks to Spanky & Ra for staying up all night dealing with this.
technopatra

Missing avatars

Postby technopatra » Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:30 pm

Ok I don't yet know why the avatars seem to be randomly disappearing, but if yours is no longer showing, please re-upload your avatar image.

Apologies for the inconvenience.
technopatra

reports of intermittent outages

Postby ra » Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:39 pm

i'm getting reports that there are intermittent outages here since we've restored the system onto the new machine. i'm looking into this, but have not been able to see the problem actually happening; whenever i check, the system is actually working. we're sorry for the inconvenience, and we hope things will settle down over the next few days.
ra

Return to Announcements