BUll Horns

BUll Horns

Postby unjonharley » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:15 pm

I,m bring a bull horn in 07. I feel the need to express myself by playing feed back through. I got the idea from 06. A raverteck-no trance camp was placed at 8:30 and F street. They turned on a electric drum beat and left it on for 48 hours. I got up to reason with them. The camp was compleatly empty. Another time there were less than three people dancing. Lots of folks asked them to stop or some thing. Did'nt do any good. I asked a BRC Ranger to address the problem. I was told by the Rager: "It's to bad about you"

I know am not along in feeling this way. So I invite people to bring there own bull horn and express yourself with me.
unjonharley

Postby Kinetic IV » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:27 pm

I intend to bring a bullhorn to BRC next year. And it won't be one of those 10 watt or less kiddie horns either. 25 watts of power....maybe the 35 watt monster if I decide to spend that kind of coin...

I'm not so much interested in pumping feedback as I am at simply having fun with the thing...but if the sound from an adjacent camp gets too loud and negotiations have failed...let the feedback commence.

Also if anyone does bring one consider adopting a burn platform and have fun running off the clueless people who want to burn their toxic plastic trashbags and other crap there for DPW to clean up.
K-IV
~~~~
Thank you for over 7 years of eplaya memories. I have asked Emily Sparkle to delete my account and I am gone. Goodbye and Goodluck to all of you! I will miss you!
Kinetic IV

Postby dragonfly Jafe » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:28 pm

How do we make sure that the cure is not worse than the disease (so to speak)? I would think unless the neighbor camps were with us, they might object to the feedback more (unless it was just for a few minutes, and then it would not likely be effective). Do we warn the target camp first (perhaps as a last attempt for mediation before retaliation?)

How do we make sure that the desired solution (mediation) occurs? Do we have a spokeperson (without a bullhorn and good at Ranger-like F.L.A.M.E. non-confrontational confrontation) that takes point and asks for a serious mediation effort before the feedback stops? Would it be possible (or desired) to request Ranger back-up for such an "artistic expression"?

How do we protect ourselves from angry folks inside the targeted camp who think that bullhorn should be shoved up one of our orifices? Safety in numbers?

Who desides which camps get targeted? Or is this an individual thing?
Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer
dragonfly Jafe

Postby unjonharley » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:34 pm

Don't forget to bring you air craft ear protection. I like the burn platform idea. Went past a camp with a dpw burn barrel. They were burning there garbage in it.

I need the sound track from Kellys Heros. The part whem Southerland would play as he charged.
unjonharley

Postby Kinetic IV » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:40 pm

The cure could be worse...but my take is this is to be a last resort measure. You raised some good questions...heck yes the target camp should be warned. And the feedback should be short so as not to annoy others who are already in compliance.

As far as protection from having said bullhorns shoved up people's asses....again this is supposed to be a last resort measure which should keep this sort of threat to the minimum. If someone was to try it you could always beat a hasty retreat...or put the bullhorn in the hands of someone who's pretty good size that makes them think twice about it.

As far as targets go...if I was in a theme camp and this happened I wouldn't act on my own. I would wait until people spoke up and there was some consensus that it was a problem. Then you start the diplomatic approach...and only if that fails then you flip the switch and the bullhorn takes over.

I skipped over the comment about the Ranger mediation techniques to save it for last. I'm not sure if they would mind sharing that info but I bet there's not a single person on this board who couldn't benefit from some conflict resolution training or refresher material. I wonder if that stuff could be posted online somewhere or if a Ranger in a giving spirit could share some advice with the rest of us?

<I'm hogging the soapbox, I'll shut up now!)
K-IV
~~~~
Thank you for over 7 years of eplaya memories. I have asked Emily Sparkle to delete my account and I am gone. Goodbye and Goodluck to all of you! I will miss you!
Kinetic IV

Postby unjonharley » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:46 pm

Dragonfly jake, The sound from the feed back only takes a few seconds to get persons attention.
Yes I would invite people from surrounding camp to step up and be counted. I did'nt see anyone around as i set my camp this year. There was a generator pumping fumes up my nose. I told my kid to turn it off. So this big bear comes out and tells me he was here first. And i should move my camp if I didn't like it. You don't tell me shit like that. I counter offered to use the hammer in my hand to disassemble his gennie. We got along well after that.
unjonharley

Postby dragonfly Jafe » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:55 pm

Kinetic IV wrote:I skipped over the comment about the Ranger mediation techniques to save it for last. I'm not sure if they would mind sharing that info but I bet there's not a single person on this board who couldn't benefit from some conflict resolution training or refresher material. I wonder if that stuff could be posted online somewhere or if a Ranger in a giving spirit could share some advice with the rest of us?

I will forego posting any more stuff from the manual, but I highly recommend that everyone take a look at it.

http://rangers.burningman.com/RangerManual_2006.pdf
Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer
dragonfly Jafe

Postby unjonharley » Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:22 pm

Thanks Jake, Will read some this weekend. Guess some do not want to play any more. There down to name calling.

Between posts today I have put togeather a drive train for my kenetic art form. Now to bolt every thing up.
unjonharley

Return to 2006 Theme Camps