What was your favorite Theme Camp?

What was your favorite Theme Camp?

Postby Dr. Pyro » Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:18 am

Just curious, which camp or camps were your favorites?
Dr. Pyro

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby felony » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:03 am

I might be a little bit biased... but my favorite was Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro!
felony

Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Postby Kinetic IV » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:05 am

Biased view: Eplaya Bar Camp
Unbiased view: Damn Fucking Texans
K-IV
~~~~
Thank you for over 7 years of eplaya memories. I have asked Emily Sparkle to delete my account and I am gone. Goodbye and Goodluck to all of you! I will miss you!
Kinetic IV

Postby Box Burner » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:27 am

Biased view: Eplaya Bar Camp
Unbiased view: Kamp Apokaliptika and Damn Fucking Texans
Dance in the heart of chaos. . . . .

ὁ δὲ ἀνεξέταστος βίος οὐ βιωτὸς ἀνθρώπῳ
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - --- Σωκράτης

Box Burner

Postby Lorgasm » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:32 am

My heart was full by the whole experience. Everyone at Eplaya Barcamp totally rocked. Espresso Camp was great. Meeting all new friends and sayin Hi again to the old ones. It was great to see and experience the 7 Sins camp and meet Velvetina. So much more to write. Tired now. Jet lag.

It sucked having my bike "misplaced" by some "unburner" on Friday so I could not do the CT parade as I was soo looking forward to doing. However the jackass that "relocated" my bike was found on Sunday. The fool took everything off the bike to ensure I would not find it again but this person forgot to take off one important item I used to give the bike its identity....a BM necklace made for me. I was not at Playa Info for 5 minutes and this "person" took it away and made my Friday miserable. I had to walk and miss the CT parade.
BOOBIES!!!
Lorgasm

Postby Bitterman » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:33 am

The one with the old b/w entomology movies on fri/sat......grasshoppers riding bikes? beetles playing instruments? some weird "bug love triangle"?
It is indeed a disturbing universe over there on the 3:00 side.......

BM
Bah! Psshhh!
Bitterman

Postby pbmaniac2000 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:40 pm

The damn fucking texans was definetly a fun place. The hookahdome is always great.
pbmaniac2000

Postby Eric » Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:18 pm

The Roadhouse at Fandango was fantastic! Kick-ass live old-school country (and country karaoke, which was a bit scary).

I also loved Comfort & Joy (even if I didn't realize that it was me the hot Peruvian wanted to snuggle with *damn*)

the people at the ePlaya Bar were incredibly nice- I just wish I had made it over there more than once! It was great to put some faces to names.
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

Regarding Ticket Scalpers and Scammers

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby Das Bus » Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:26 pm

Hands down, Becca's favorite IS and always will be Barbie Death Camp!
Medicated and Motivated!
Das Bus

Petting Zoo

Postby alt12 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:07 pm

We were camped across from pettting zoo this year and these guys are hands-down the baddest fucking bar on the playa. Up before we were serving massive amounts of unwatered down alcohol from 6am till 2am, these guys are hardcore alcoholics. When they finally ran out of booze on Thursday night, the whole neighbordhood chipped-inw ith donations that kept them rocking way until Monday. Add to that hallucination-inducing home-made moonshine, and several people sent to the med-tent, and you have my respect at least...
alt12

Burning Since: 2003

Bad Idea Theater Rocks !!!

Postby twothphry » Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:45 pm

The guys and gals at Bad Idea Theater rock. What a concept. Great drinks and bad movies. the best had to be [i][b]Harry Potter[/b][/i] and the voice over sound track. I watched it twice on the Playa and I still laughed my ass off.
Where else are you going to see bad sci-fi, horror movies, 1950's industrial safety films and the ever popular hygiene and dating films.
Hats off to Mike,Silent Larry and the usual gang of idiots at B.I.T.
"It's never to late to have a happy childhood"
Tom Robbins
twothphry

Postby brayandtrill » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:24 am

I liked stalker camp. Simple but really cool idea. I signed up to stalk a few people and had a blast. Followed on guy on his art car all the way across the playa to a wedding at the temple and asked him why he didn't call me anymore, left creepy notes for people. It's fun to be creepy...restraining orders are just another way of saying I love you!
brayandtrill

Postby oFZo » Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:44 am

I enjoyed running Apokiliptika's bar for a while!
("Name! Rank! Number!")
Too many puppies
with guns in their hands.
oFZo

Postby geekster » Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:08 pm

My own camp, Iron Rose, was my favorite and I stayed there much of the time. I most regret not visiting the eplaya bar camp. I probably drove/walked past it a few times but for some reason never found exactly where it was. It was to be on our drunken miners pub crawl on Wednesday night but we cancelled it because of the mad rush to re-rebar and reinforce everything after the tornado and subsequent sudden blow, we were bushed. Shedding tasks is something we learned to do without guilt this year.

My favorite camp was somewhere back in the burbs between 6 and 8 and I don't know their name. We were having a camp ride around in our art car and they stopped us on the street and invited us into their bar. Points for just plain hospitality and extra points for the crappy drinks! Excellent!
Pabst Blue Ribbon - The beer that made Gerlach famous.
geekster

Postby karine » Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:15 pm

Camp Junto (our personal: I'm waaay "dome-sick"! ! !)

BWB (burners without borders) for dinner and a movie

& the daily visit to the E-playa Bar Camp (We shut them down almost every night!)

Oh- and big thanks for hosting the meet and great, Barbie Death Camp!

and Apokoliptika... who could have any HOPE without Apokoliptika....
karine

Postby cornelius » Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:59 am

APOKILIPTIKA! The Kernal and krew are very gracious hosts and most charming of Playa mates. Plus they have the mini man. Plus they have this giant praying Mantis.

Thanks comrades for the drink, and the tank races were awesome. I know they weren't the Kernal's, but it added to the whole scene man. Awesome. I hope you played the terrible William Shatner CD on radio Apok, or at least tortured the occupants of the Kantina. "HEY! Mister Tambourine Man!"
ROBOTS UNITE
cornelius

Postby Mister Jellyfish Mister » Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:10 am

Center Camp! (Just kidding)
Art cred: Georgie Boy 2011: www.mutantvehicle.com/georgie_boy.htm ; Ein Hammer 2010; Fluffer 2009; Zsu Zsu 2008; U-Me 2007; Mantis 2006; MiniMan and Pikes Of Paranoia 2005; Time Machine Mutant Vehicle 2004. www.MutantVehicle.com
Mister Jellyfish Mister

Star Lush Lounge

Postby waltsnipe » Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:34 pm

For the 2nd year in a row, I'd have to say the StarLush Lounge. They consistently created a friendly atmosphere with a wide variety of folks attracted to their mobile funk mobiles. Smiling bartenders, girls shadowdancing on the roof, dynamite DJ booth in the back of the Cadi, what more do you want?
waltsnipe

Postby blyslv » Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:53 pm

SMITE BAR! They let me bartend until dawn, and then I moved in with them.

BDC&WB is where I met my wife, so it'll always have a soft spot in my heart. Heck if it wasn't Doc who started this thread, I'd say it was hands down my favorite, but we gotta keep the guy in check or he'll try to start investing your nest egg.

Hi Felony, it was good to meet you again!
Fight for the fifth freedom!
blyslv

Postby QueenOfTheBeans » Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:43 am

Camp Costco! They run a tight operation over there and the people were great :)
QueenOfTheBeans

Postby philosopher » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:48 pm

Entheon Village. Simply astounding.
philosopher

Postby safetythird » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:39 am

Slow Burn Lounge and Roadhouse

Both in Fandango Village

But I'm biased.

The Petting Zoo was really cool too.

S3
safetythird

Postby MikeVDS » Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:09 am

We were camped across from pettting zoo this year and these guys are hands-down the baddest fucking bar on the playa. Up before we were serving massive amounts of unwatered down alcohol from 6am till 2am, these guys are hardcore alcoholics.

We were across from them as well. We must have been neighbors. We were the ones with the big shade structure and chairs that people came over to to pass out after the petting zoo. We had to call out the rangers a few times and once while I was there they called out an ambulance. The ones who were half conscious and hydrated were fun to mess with, the others just puked on our stuff.
MikeVDS

Postby Barbie » Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:18 pm

[quote="geekster"]My own camp, Iron Rose, was my favorite and I stayed there much of the time. I most regret not visiting the eplaya bar camp. I probably drove/walked past it a few times but for some reason never found exactly where it was. It was to be on our drunken miners pub crawl on Wednesday night but we cancelled it because of the mad rush to re-rebar and reinforce everything after the tornado and subsequent sudden blow, we were bushed. Shedding tasks is something we learned to do without guilt this year.

[quote]My favorite camp was somewhere back in the burbs between 6 and 8 and I don't know their name. We were having a camp ride around in our art car and they stopped us on the street and invited us into their bar. Points for just plain hospitality and extra points for the crappy drinks! Excellent![/quote][/quote] This might be our Bar Blackie's Bar and Grill 8:45 second to last ring we stop people in the street and serve crappy drinks normally called the drink of the day--*TIP stay away from that one if you make it out to visit -
If I were to wish ANYTHING I'd wish I were ME!!
Barbie

Postby Barbie » Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:21 pm

I LOVE BLACKIE'S BAR AND GRILL AND IF I'M ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE PLAYA I ALWAYS VISIT MY FAVORITE GUYS AT THE PETTING ZOO
If I were to wish ANYTHING I'd wish I were ME!!
Barbie

Postby pinemom » Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:38 pm

Hey Barbie...sorry ya didnt make it to see us at Eplaya bar camp, we've metomorphis'ede'd this yr and will be the B(O)(O)BY BAR, but again in the 3:00 plaza area (pending placement)
Just look for Kamp Apokiliptika and you'll find us, or the 2 Giant Boobs might also give us away! hahaaa
Names pinemom, but my friends call me "Piney".
pinemom

Postby Teo del Fuego » Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:41 pm

here's an unusual pick: Math Camp, not because they had fancy infrastructure, but because they personified the best of what Burning Man's all about. Watching everyone hit the road for the Pre-Temple Burn exodus, these guys invited me and my neighbor in off the dusty road to share their shade, their very well-stocked bar, chairs, and bongo drums. People I never met before just being all-around good people.

The guys from San Francisco who had the spanking camp next to the del Fuego camp for being so darn generous and gifting me a really valuable gift when I lost my own supply of something important.

Deep End, Hookah dome, may you always return.
Teo del Fuego

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Whiskey & Dust

Postby mdmf007 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:22 pm

I love it all -

the nuttiness, lights, sounds, laughter, posters, art, people, zany, crazy, erotic, mayhem, dusty winds, art cars, floats, fire, and freedom.

later
One of the Meanie Greenies (Figjam 2013)
mdmf007

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: ESD

Postby CLARKcon » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:29 pm

Unbiased and hands down: ePlaya Bar Camp.
It was off the handle with good folk, good energy, great drinks and music. The open style bar and starshade looked fantastic!!!!
COFFEE CAMP: "The Social Hub of the Uncivilized World"
"Remember- Drink coffee...it's for your own good"
"DRINK IT!"
"...it's only just begun."
"To Percolate & Serve."
CLARKcon

Location: .:P3 OASIS & COFFEE CAMP (@ 2:15 & "G") in Fandango Village:.
Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: COFFEE CAMP

Postby pinemom » Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:03 am

Cc...wait till you get a look at my B(O)(O)Bies............
Names pinemom, but my friends call me "Piney".
pinemom

Return to 2006 Theme Camps