What camp hosted Blunderland?

What camp hosted Blunderland?

Postby Fat SAM » Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:35 pm

You guys let me spin there on Tuesday and Wednesday and it was WONDERFUL!!! Thanks so much! If you were with the camp, please drop me a line and let me know if you liked the music - I'd love to hook up with you again. It went a long way toward making my week.

I played on Tuesday from 10 - 12am or so and then on Wednesday from 10pm to 3am or something and I was followed up by a French guy with no headphones. I spun very dirty bass electro both nights and on Wednesday mixed it up with a bunch of trance. Ring a bell? Please contact me. Peace
Thanks to Addis, I had more free time.
Fat SAM

Postby dragonfly Jafe » Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:17 am

Blunderland was my camp, glad you enjoyed it. We were part of The Playground village, this year (all those dangerous toys out front). Blunderland was the bar, dome, and "secret" air conditioned chill tent out back. We will probably be back next year looking much the same, look for the red arch...
Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer
dragonfly Jafe

Postby Fat SAM » Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:19 pm

Dude...Blunderland was your camp? That's awesome! I wish we had met in person. I hope you liked the music, if you can recollect it at all. Please thank Ryan for me for letting me play and thank Demanda (?) for being so good to me, as well. I had a really hard week and you guys were a really big bright point for me. Thanks again, Dragonfly!
Fat SAM

Postby dragonfly Jafe » Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:36 pm

one of Blunderland's resident DJ's Dr. oTop was hit by a car last night and is in critical condition in the hospital. No details, but he sure could use some positive thoughts....
Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer
dragonfly Jafe

Postby Fat SAM » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:12 pm

Positive thoughts go out to him.
Fat SAM

Postby madmatt » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:05 pm

dragonfly Jafe wrote:one of Blunderland's resident DJ's Dr. oTop was hit by a car last night and is in critical condition in the hospital. No details, but he sure could use some positive thoughts....

Mega bummer!

Last year and the year before, we spent much time at Blunderland - thanks for creating such an excellent place filled with excellent people.

In 2006 we especially enjoyed the dangerous playground! In 2005 I stole your bar's bloody mary recipe (whole pepperoncini in each glass). That's right, I stole it. I'm proud of it. I will always give Blunderland credit for it though.

Hope your buddy recovers fast! See you soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!
madmatt

Postby MozyBonz » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:21 pm

dragonfly Jafe wrote:one of Blunderland's resident DJ's Dr. oTop was hit by a car last night and is in critical condition in the hospital. No details, but he sure could use some positive thoughts....

positive thoughts
MozyBonz

Postby dragonfly Jafe » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:34 pm

...just found out it was a hit and run (and he has no insurance)
Arthur Schopenhauer
dragonfly Jafe

Postby spectabillis » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:20 pm

oh jesus, how awful.
spectabillis

Blunderland -> Edge of the World / Temptation of St. Anth

Postby AmbiguousClown » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:59 am

Yes, it is terrible news about Dr. oTop. We're all a little stunned. He is alive, and the bleeding in his brain has stopped. Just received a text message that seems to say he may make a full recovery except for a deformed ear. I hope so.

FWIW, Blunderland is no more, but has morphed into Edge of the World / Temptation of St. Anthony. We'll have a bar and music, and also a cool interactive photographic art project. Come and tempt the Saint however you might as he tries to stay focused on his Bible studies. See Who What Where for details ...

We've asked for placement on 2:00, midway between Esplanade and Landfill. Although I'm a virgin, I've been told we enjoy guest spinners, that we typically don't schedule them, but that we're happy to work with your scheduling requirements. I can help with that if needed.
-- Clown
AmbiguousClown

Postby dragonfly Jafe » Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:42 pm

Great News - Patrick came home today!

the doctors were amazed at how fast he recovered. They even cancelled a planned surgery today and let him go early. He is certain that the positive energy helped him - thanks to all who sent it. He is still messed up, but thankful to be alive, and asking for whiskey...

Crazy guy is even talking about making it to the playa this year....

there will be a fund raiser party in Boise on aug 9 to help cover his medical expenses and stuff.

bad news - the Cops assumed he fell off his bike, so never filled a hit-n-run report. This despite him having windshield glass imbedded in his body in multiple places....nothing like the boys in blue in Boise (a few years ago they led the nation in police shootings of citizens per capita). They are now trying to investigate a cold case....
Arthur Schopenhauer
dragonfly Jafe

Postby Fat SAM » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:52 pm

Give him a whiskey on me. I'll gladly pay you Tuesday.
Fat SAM

Postby madmatt » Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:42 pm

dragonfly Jafe wrote:Great News - Patrick came home today!

the doctors were amazed at how fast he recovered.

Hooooorrrrraaaayyyyy!!!!
madmatt

Return to 2006 Theme Camps