CALLING ALL SOBER BURNERS!!

CALLING ALL SOBER BURNERS!!

Postby aletha » Tue May 30, 2006 12:56 am

are you out there? i must not be the only one! looking to connect with other sober/12-stepper burners to unite on the playa--maybe have our own camp?! An erotic and groovy meeting space? Any takers?! i'm flying solo and looking for a safe place to land :) Hey--if the Dead had Wharf Rats then there must be sober burners! So what are we called???!!!
Lost & Found: 100% creative expression through self-discovery--and all aspects of that divine nature we humans are!
aletha

Postby MachineCult » Tue May 30, 2006 3:07 am

I'm relatively sober and from socal, so huzzah.
Even in death, I still serve.
MachineCult

Postby sputnik » Tue May 30, 2006 5:45 am

There are plenty of sober/12 steppers on the playa. I believe there is an AA camp every year.
It's going to be alright.
sputnik

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Ubercarney

Postby EspressoDude » Tue May 30, 2006 7:46 am

visit these folks

Last several years at 3:00 plaza

Hokey Pokey Destiny
Hokey Pokey Destiny we have no fear. Dance the Hokey Pokey Daily at 12:00 Noon all ages welcome to turn themselves around. Friends of Bill W. meeting 5:00 pm. daily. Bill W. theater Tuesday night and Sister Inatia's Sober Dance night from 8 to 11 on Friday night. Trying to break the Hokey Pokey Black Rock Record On Friday Noon, give it a shot. We are a 24 hour camp this is a safe place to hang if things get tuff.
Hometown: Calexico, CA
Is 4 shots enuff? no foo-foo drinks; just naked Espresso
Tactical Espresso Service http://home.comcast.net/~espressocamp/
Field Artillery Tractor
FOGBANK, GOD OF HELLFIRE
BLACK ROCK f/x Trojan Horse,Anubis,2014Temple
burn shit and blow shit up
EspressoDude

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue May 30, 2006 4:55 pm

The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby MrMullen » Tue May 30, 2006 9:17 pm

There is a direct correlation between sobriety and the ability to use the search function.

http://eplaya.burningman.com/viewtopic.php?t=9047
--
Mr Mullen
MrMullen

Postby Ron » Tue May 30, 2006 9:44 pm

EspressoDude wrote:visit these folks

Last several years at 3:00 plaza

Hokey Pokey Destiny....

Just a quick shout out to say that in 2003 I was having an awful day but stumbled into a quick Hokey Pokey in the streets of BRC and it was just what the doctor ordered. Thanks for turning around my experience that day, I've never forgotten it. :)

Ron
Ron

Postby BoxaRox » Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:40 pm

A story! I'm afraid you must decide the moral for yourself.

I have the mixed blessing of having the combination of a vaguely addictive personality, and a very weak stomach. Last year at BM Monday I was gifted in timely fashion with a high potency beverage of sufficient quantity to provide a nicely moderate buzz. I vowed at that time that I would devote a portion of my energy at BM to developing a small drinking problem.

I maintained this resolution until Thursday, when at about Midnight, I realized that I had fallen back on the wagon and neglected to have anything to drink all day! A failure at such an early stage.

In the context of those who fight a daily struggle to maintain a vow which I can't seem to avoid, I must count my blessings and thank the powers-that-be for allowing me to learn the lessons taught by those long-ago hours of mortal misery born in excess and youthful indescretion.

Far better to miss an occasional opportunity to get drunk, than to have to pray and fight for every opportunity to remain sober.
BoxaRox

Re: CALLING ALL SOBER BURNERS!!

Postby darren y » Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:10 pm

aletha wrote:are you out there? looking to connect with other sober/12-stepper burners to unite on the playa-- Any takers?! i'm flying solo and looking for a safe place to land :)

Come by & see my misting tent [across from Pinkies] @ the VAMP CAMP 8:30 & the Porta potties [e-f streets]
i've been clean & sober 12 yrs a couple burns... had a couple impromtu meetings right @ my mister last year...

Darren Y.
[Mister Mister]
aka: Mr. Mister
darren y

Postby flipper » Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:46 pm

Sober? In terms of alcohol, yes. In terms of sense of humor, no.

And I'm not AA either - papa drunk 'nuf fer both of use.
flipper

Return to 2006 Theme Camps