SEX CAMPS?

Postby Chai Guy » Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:11 pm

The other thing I see is that if you advertise that Burningman is a rave you'll get a lot of people just coming out for the wrong reasons
Chai Guy

Postby Desert Duck » Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:26 pm

Chai Guy wrote:The other thing I see is that if you advertise that Burningman is a rave you'll get a lot of people just coming out for the wrong reasons

Ya know, you're right. We should tell everybody that burningman sucks like it used to be done. Anybody asks you anything about it, you ask "you been?", and if they say no, you say "it sucks, don't go." and if they say "yeah" you say "then you know, already." Much simpler.
I like pudding.

I like tea.

I like chocolate.

Do you like me?
Desert Duck

Location: Oregon foothills near Silver Falls...wait, no...San Francisco...umm North bay?...The Playa!!!!

Postby spectabillis » Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:02 pm

Chai Guy wrote:The other thing I see is that if you advertise that Burningman is a rave you'll get a lot of people just coming out for the wrong reasons

yep, so whats the ratio of sound camps to everything else now? do something different at least, like the roller disco.

its become some hyper velocity push of superstar dj's and maximum decibels that has swallowed up a large portion of the diversity. camps for welding and forging, diy art, acrobatics... a beautiful genius was the range and variance of experience's at the event that opened people to new encounters and broadened their horizons, pushing limits of perception.

not saying that sound camps are bad in and of themselves, its more about balance, its more about having any single overwhelming influence that drives out everything else.
spectabillis

Postby Rockdad » Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:05 pm

I think it is right up there with advertising it is for a bunch of drug crazed zombies you get what you advertise for..

Was there for the whole Jiffy Lube fiasco thought the sign was great warning for where I did not want to be...Could of stayed up if I was the Larry/LEO deciding commitee

In your face but like its creator said he expected problems and he got what he expected...

That list of Sex Camps was strange too never thought of some of those places as Sex camps more like interpersonal relationship work groups...Snuggletown is a sex camp?
Eplaya Bar Camp 2006 "What will it be"

The Eplaya Bar Camp Blog
Rockdad

Postby spectabillis » Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:48 pm

Rockdad wrote:I think it is right up there with advertising it is for a bunch of drug crazed zombies you get what you advertise for..

I dont think you understand the point, or maybe I dont - because I just dont get what you are saying. There is no explicit adverstising, there is reputation. That reputation is spread by those who dont really care about what others are trying to create and accomplish - by those who are pretty much inconsiderate and self-serving to their own needs and desires.

In your face but like its creator said he expected problems and he got what he expected...

When pushing for freedom of expression (radical expression) you would be stupid to think that is not going to bump against people's traditional sensibilities. Thats the whole point of being open to experience, of pushing personal boundaries, of being creative. I still dont think you get it, but not going to waste much more effort in trying to explain things. You might want to consider thinking about other people's comments without immediately developing some sort of pro/con opinion, then trying to defend it.

... otherwise, nevermind.
spectabillis

Postby Chai Guy » Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:08 pm

Chai Guy

Postby Rockdad » Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:14 pm

spectabillis wrote: I dont think you understand the point, or maybe I dont - because I just dont get what you are saying. There is no explicit adverstising, there is reputation. That reputation is spread by those who dont really care about what others are trying to create and accomplish - by those who are pretty much inconsiderate and self-serving to their own needs and desires.

I still dont think you get it, but not going to waste much more effort in trying to explain things. You might want to consider thinking about other people's comments without immediately developing some sort of pro/con opinion, then trying to defend it.

Ok I think we agree on that neither of us gets it at least what the other is trying to communicate.
No one on this whole thread trashed anyone or anything's reputation? We kinda just jokingly toyed with the sex camp question kinda worked around it! Do you really want to discuss how discriminating they are to the fat, or less pretty guy's and gals. or older people or single guys? All of these people enjoy sex too!
Much like that link you posted (yes I do read your links) the writer complained about the "Fat guy with the video camera" over and over again would there of been a complaint if this was a naked stoned fox or even a studly ripped pretty boy with a handi-cam? The pro's that are going to post videos publicly know how to get them and it is not by employing a fat shirtcocker so the complaint was really about the fact that the guy dared to show up at their camp fat!.

The Eplaya Bar Camp Blog
Rockdad

Postby Chai Guy » Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:20 pm

spectabillis wrote: There is no explicit adverstising,.

[cough-Bullshit-cough]

Burning Man
Every summer Black Rock City is built and taken down in one week for a unique counter-culture event called the Burning Man Festival. Artists, techno club partiers, mad scientists and social revolutionaries from all over America and the world make Black Rock temporarily the fourth largest "city" in Nevada. In this episode, Charlie LeDuff heads off to this chaotic desert gathering. Over the course of the week in which he breathes fire, meets the founders and members of Black Rock City, attends a shamanistic wedding, and gets his toe nails painted and his hair cut into a Mohawk — LeDuff proves once again that he is no ordinary reporter.
Chai Guy

Postby spectabillis » Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:27 pm

Rockdad wrote:Do you really want to discuss how discriminating they are to the fat, or less pretty guy's and gals. or older people or single guys? ... the writer complained about the "Fat guy with the video camera" over and over again ... so the complaint was really about the fact that the guy dared to show up at their camp fat!.

way to go rockdad, lets make this all about your personal issue rather than sex camps.

and everything is much better before i start attending chai, its my fault.
spectabillis

Postby Desert Duck » Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:28 pm

spectabillis wrote:
Rockdad wrote:I think it is right up there with advertising it is for a bunch of drug crazed zombies you get what you advertise for..

I dont think you understand the point, or maybe I dont - because I just dont get what you are saying. There is no explicit adverstising, there is reputation. That reputation is spread by ...

Word of mouth and posts like these on this the "official" site of the Burningman project. One of the problems with answering certain questions as openly as you would seem to prefer on this site, is that hundreds or thousands of people have access to these words. From this, the reputation grows, and your and my and others freedom of expression diminishes.

This is why the LAST thing I would do when someone asks about how to find "Sex Camps" is give them directions.

You'll notice that my current signature is sarcastic.
I like pudding.

I like tea.

I like chocolate.

Do you like me?
Desert Duck

Location: Oregon foothills near Silver Falls...wait, no...San Francisco...umm North bay?...The Playa!!!!

Postby Rockdad » Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:31 pm

spectabillis wrote: I still dont think you get it, but not going to waste much more effort in trying to explain things. You might want to consider thinking about other people's comments without immediately developing some sort of pro/con opinion, then trying to defend it.

Please do not help me "Get it" and you might try to stop defending a position that no one understands you keep talking about the reputation of sex camps? what reputation? and where was this holy reputation tarnished on this thread? tell me or otherwise never mind
And I made it quite clear I did not begrudge anyone having fun in a sex camp, I apologized to the newbie for making a funny, and most of all I did not develop a pro con opinion about sex camps on this thread not until page 3 did I mention my own preference that there was more important things about Burning Man.

The Eplaya Bar Camp Blog
Rockdad

Postby spectabillis » Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:34 pm

Desert Duck wrote:One of the problems with answering certain questions as openly as you would seem to prefer on this site, is that hundreds or thousands of people have access to these words.

there is some truth to that, and maybe a better example is the annual drug bust leo controversy. but hopefully, just maybe they can also read the discussion to understand where the problems are.

re:advertising...

spectabillis

Postby Chai Guy » Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:34 pm

Word of mouth and posts like these on this the "official" site of the Burningman project. One of the problems with answering certain questions as openly as you would seem to prefer on this site, is that hundreds or thousands of people have access to these words.

Hahahhahaaa!!! Let's be real here, it's you, me, Spec, Rockdad and about 20 other people reading this board. Hell the guy who get's paid to manage this board never reads it!

That's right I blame you, now go join the Republican Party and ruin them why don't you?
Chai Guy

Postby Rockdad » Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:39 pm

Desert Duck wrote:
Word of mouth and posts like these on this the "official" site of the Burningman project. One of the problems with answering certain questions as openly as you would seem to prefer on this site, is that hundreds or thousands of people have access to these words. From this, the reputation grows, and your and my and others freedom of expression diminishes.

This is why the LAST thing I would do when someone asks about how to find "Sex Camps" is give them directions.

You'll notice that my current signature is sarcastic.

I think that was part of the intent of the humor in the beginning but it was so long ago ....I do remember laughing my ass off

The Eplaya Bar Camp Blog
Rockdad

Postby Rockdad » Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:42 pm

Chai Guy wrote:
Word of mouth and posts like these on this the "official" site of the Burningman project. One of the problems with answering certain questions as openly as you would seem to prefer on this site, is that hundreds or thousands of people have access to these words.

Hahahhahaaa!!! Let's be real here, it's you, me, Spec, Rockdad and about 20 other people reading this board. Hell the guy who get's paid to manage this board never reads it!

That's right I blame you, now go join the Republican Party and ruin them why don't you?
good reminder Chai just made me laugh during this so very serious sex talk

The Eplaya Bar Camp Blog
Rockdad

Postby Desert Duck » Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:44 pm

Chai Guy wrote:

While it's true that only a few of us actually keep up with what's going on on this board, these posts stay on here for a year or more, and I'm sure that there are people who read the posts without ever posting, themselves.
I like pudding.

I like tea.

I like chocolate.

Do you like me?
Desert Duck

Postby spectabillis » Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:45 pm

Rockdad wrote:...and you might try to stop defending a position that no one understands you keep talking about the reputation of sex camps?

chai and desert d seem to understand.

i would join the red party, but they refused after a background check showed i was arrested for smoking a joint while getting a blow from an intern. i was thinking of the christian coalition, but they keep saying something about saving my soul. i already sold that to hellco.
spectabillis

Postby Desert Duck » Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:47 pm

And you know, I remember laughing my ass off in the early posts of this thread as well. There was some good discussion and humor, now it's all serious.... :?
I like pudding.

I like tea.

I like chocolate.

Do you like me?
Desert Duck

Postby Desert Duck » Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:49 pm

spectabillis wrote:

i would join the red party, but they refused after a background check showed i was arrested for smoking a joint while getting a blow from an intern. i was thinking of the christian coalition, but they keep saying something about saving my soul. i already sold that to hellco.

Ok, that's kinda funny. :)
I like pudding.

I like tea.

I like chocolate.

Do you like me?
Desert Duck

Postby Rockdad » Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:11 am

spectabillis wrote:
Rockdad wrote:...and you might try to stop defending a position that no one understands you keep talking about the reputation of sex camps?

chai and desert d seem to understand.

Ok you got me there I am the one that does not get it and I would so much love to have it so Chai or DD could you please assist me in getting it what the hell is he talking about? what reputation and how was it tarnished?

Wait that is a good new thread topic lets get sex camp reports best head, biggest TaTa's, best beds, best goat sex, best bungee cords, best place for newbie frat boys, best ass sex, best swivel hooks, best free booze, best petite blondes(my thing), least fat guy's or at least fat asses etc and list directions to each of these AAA rated camps we will be the Michelin guide to sex camps

The Eplaya Bar Camp Blog
Rockdad

Postby Chai Guy » Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:16 am

Chai Guy

Postby yogiii2 » Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:42 am

I am so very glad that if nothing else this topic has sparked this much conversation.

I dont think that it should be an issue who reads these posts.

So Again i ask that we keep the personal atacks and bickering to a minimum or better yet out of the posts all togather.

lets keep trying to stay on topic.

And a really big thanks to madmatt for geting the true spirit of this topic. lets keep up the good work everyone. and stay on point.

and by all means keep these lists of camps an solid info coming

yogi
yogiii2

Postby spectabillis » Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:59 am

yogiii2 wrote:lets keep trying to stay on topic. And a really big thanks to madmatt for geting the true spirit of this topic. lets keep up the good work everyone. and stay on point.

completely fair and reasonable request, sorry for the drift.
spectabillis

Postby Rockdad » Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:07 am

spectabillis wrote:
yogiii2 wrote:lets keep trying to stay on topic. And a really big thanks to madmatt for geting the true spirit of this topic. lets keep up the good work everyone. and stay on point.

completely fair and reasonable request, sorry for the drift.

Ok Spec I will stand aside please do tell this young man where he can go get sex besides Jiffy Lube!
And please edumacate him and me about that list do you really think most of those places want this very nice young man without a date to just walk in and expect to get laid?

Good night all I will love to learn something in the Morn...

Remember wear your socks!
If you do not get it go find it!
It is what you make it!
Welcome home...See Ya on the Playa

The Eplaya Bar Camp Blog
Rockdad

Postby Chai Guy » Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:12 am

OK Yogi, let's recap:

1. JOTS is an anachronism for "Johnny On The Spot" (the name of the latrine vendor) they are the porta-potties, yes some people choose to have sex in them, but it's not recommended.

2. Those "sex camps" that were listed, they aren't really sex camps. "Snuggletown" is for snuggling, and the "Temple of Atonement" is for BDSM, etc.

3. All the registered camps can be found on this website, along with a description of what they're about. Be warned however that sex is often used to sell things that have NOTHING to do with sex.

4. Bianca's wasn't a "sex" camp, some people had sex there, and then other people went in expecting there to be a lot of sex , and were disappointed when there wasn't but they masturbated anyway, which made the possibility that someone might have sex there ever again, nil.

5. A lot of people engage in clever antics to get people to have sex with them at Burning Man, everything from the "sensitive new-age guy-worshipping the Goddess" bullshit to body painting to pubic hair barber shops. Be creative, I'm sure you'll think of something original, or just copy what everyone else is doing.
Chai Guy

Postby Desert Duck » Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:15 am

I'm with Rockdad on this. If I ran that sort of camp, I would not want to have it listed in some sort of "where to find sex on the playa" guide.
A lot of these places are about sensuality, and expect you to have your own partner when you show up. It's still just MHO, but I hope that yogii can actually understand why some of us feel this way.
I like pudding.

I like tea.

I like chocolate.

Do you like me?
Desert Duck

Postby Desert Duck » Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:16 am

Bob wrote:No.

As to yogii's original question.
I like pudding.

I like tea.

I like chocolate.

Do you like me?
Desert Duck

Postby Desert Duck » Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:19 am

Oh, and I STILL say that volunteering with Community Service or something is a WAAAAY better way to get some.

Recycle Rocks!!!
I like pudding.

I like tea.

I like chocolate.

Do you like me?
Desert Duck

Postby geekster » Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:43 am

Was wondering of I could get "daily circumcisions" listed in the who, what where ... and have people show up at a certain time and see this very rusty box knife and bottle of rubbing alcohol on a bloody sheet on a table in front of several chairs set up to look like a waiting area. What does that have to do with sex camps? Fuck if I know ... but someone would probably be into it.
Pabst Blue Ribbon - The beer that made Gerlach famous.
geekster

Postby yogiii2 » Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:38 am

geekster

start your own topic

so i politely say
stay on task here or stay out
yogiii2

PreviousNext

Return to 2006 Theme Camps