SEX CAMPS?

Postby Rockdad » Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:21 am

I just gifted you a lot of hits see above...Ok so its not above go back a page to the babe!

Goodnight this was a blast...
Eplaya Bar Camp 2006 "What will it be"

The Eplaya Bar Camp Blog
Rockdad

Postby Desert Duck » Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:23 am

Oh, SHIT!! :lol: Thanks, man!!
I like pudding.

I like tea.

I like chocolate.

Do you like me?
Desert Duck

Location: Oregon foothills near Silver Falls...wait, no...San Francisco...umm North bay?...The Playa!!!!

Postby Rockdad » Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:25 am

Your welcome see Ya on the playa!

Nite kids!

The Eplaya Bar Camp Blog
Rockdad

its a curiosity killed the cat kind of thing

Postby Rockdad » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:49 am

yogiii2 wrote:anyway back on topic

yes i do want to get laid this year but i am still interested in sex camps and how to find them and what there all about

its a curiosity killed the cat kind of thing

Since your thread was hijacked try to find a e-mail for information about Girls gone Wild theme camp at BurningMan.
Remember wear your socks here too we do not want to get in trouble for nudity!

The Eplaya Bar Camp Blog
Rockdad

Postby yogiii2 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:29 pm

So, does no one else have any thing to say about sex camps?

I still feel like I have a very pour understanding of this part of burning man.

Any information would be helpful.
thanks
yogiii2

Postby EspressoDude » Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:42 pm

all you have to do is take matters into your own hands.

don't wait for others to reach out to you

you are your own destiny
Is 4 shots enuff? no foo-foo drinks; just naked Espresso
Tactical Espresso Service http://home.comcast.net/~espressocamp/
Field Artillery Tractor
FOGBANK, GOD OF HELLFIRE
BLACK ROCK f/x Trojan Horse,Anubis,2014Temple
burn shit and blow shit up
EspressoDude

Postby thisisthatwhichis » Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:44 pm

When you are there, it's more about how everyone just gives to others. Everything else just comes Naturally........

Just explore your inner thoughts and feelings.
TITWI

To be on the wire is life. The rest is waiting.
It's show time, folks.....Joe Gideon
thisisthatwhichis

Postby Desert Duck » Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:46 pm

Is this really part of BurningMan, or is it just wishful thinking?
If you're looking for a place where you can just walk in, pick a girl, and do your thing, may I suggest a stop at one of the many brothels on the way TO BurningMan. This will relieve your obvious sexual tension, and I'm sure you'll have much more fun, and maybe even get laid because you're acting like a normal human being instead of some stupid horndog fratboy(they don't get laid out there unless they bring their own hookers or daterape someone).
Seriously, dude-the point that rockdad and I were trying to make is if you're looking for it out there, you'll never find it. If you just relax and enjoy yourself, you might just find yourself neck deep in an orgy.
Now go away, you bother me.
I like pudding.

I like tea.

I like chocolate.

Do you like me?
Desert Duck

Location: Oregon foothills near Silver Falls...wait, no...San Francisco...umm North bay?...The Playa!!!!

Postby sputnik » Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:51 pm

Dude! the only sex camp I can think of is Jiffy Lube, and you've already said you don't swing that way. Get over it.
It's going to be alright.
sputnik

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Ubercarney

Postby thisisthatwhichis » Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:52 pm

How about I give "Wild Horse Saloon" T-shirts for everyone, that way you will know where to stop off
TITWI

To be on the wire is life. The rest is waiting.
It's show time, folks.....Joe Gideon
thisisthatwhichis

Postby Desert Duck » Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:55 pm

Don't forget..RECYCLE CAMP WANTS YOUR CANSS!!!!!!
I like pudding.

I like tea.

I like chocolate.

Do you like me?
Desert Duck

Postby spectabillis » Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:02 pm

christ, some of you people sure know how to run topics into the ground, dont you? whats with the watered down version of an oracle's advice? its like some pseudo masculine tits n beer turned touchy feely vibe.

does not float very well with the history of the event, but i guess thats just another sad chapter of what people are making this into now.

yogiii2 wrote:So, does no one else have any thing to say about sex camps?

its there: jiffy lube, pole dancing, masterbatrons... but it has toned down some, thanks in part to the beer breathing and leering camera eyes of clueless men who kill the open environment without understanding what it takes to be respectful.

but also check into the history of bianca's. the smut shack went through some interesting phases that eventually led to marian and larry asking them to tone it down - but they already had that in mind when some people complained about the overly maculine vibe that it created. not saying that would happen to you or anyone else who tried it now, bianca's went on for a few years that created a reputation. anyone starting out new would not have that problem and imho, be a very welcome home addition to the event.
spectabillis

Postby spectabillis » Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:12 pm

Desert Duck wrote:... because you're acting like a normal human being instead of some stupid horndog fratboy(they don't get laid out there unless they bring their own hookers or daterape someone) ... Now go away, you bother me.

first, by your own admission you hyjack his thread, then that?

nice.
spectabillis

bitch, moan, jump up and DO!!!

Postby Desert Duck » Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:23 pm

Yup.
Spose I coulda done it better, but I'm better at bein' a dick.
Sorry.
I like pudding.

I like tea.

I like chocolate.

Do you like me?
Desert Duck

Postby yogiii2 » Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:32 am

i want to thank you for your input Spectabillis. I have a feeling that there are a lot of people who have similar questions to me and this is a good forum in which to answers.

Also to clear up any mis conceptions. I have a perfectly normal sex life in the real world and am neither a yahoo or overly timid and get by just fine.

however on the playa i think one tends to be so overwhelmed by all that is already going on that a little info before hand can be helpful.

also as i am learning there are a lot of people who want to comment on this topic but have very little to say
yogiii2

Postby spectabillis » Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:48 am

rockdad, i edited your post instead of quoting it so please re-post it. it was something about you not liking my comment for whatever reason.

tried to refresh with the back button, didnt work, this is getting really fucking frustrating because its the second time its happened.
spectabillis

Absolute power corrupts absolutely

Postby Rockdad » Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:25 am

Wow that's a lot of power you have there Spec.

I have know idea what I posted at 1 am except it was something about your hateful tirade above and sitting on my response till morning.......

Nuclear option?

Kool aid anyone?

Lets see I give the kid keys to the car and the first week he wrecks it twice what should I do now?

The Eplaya Bar Camp Blog
Rockdad

Postby spectabillis » Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:14 am

i think for moderators the edit button is where the quote button used to be, but if you think being a moderator does not mean we cant voice our opinion like any and everyone else, you're wrong.

yogiii2 wrote:i want to thank you for your input Spectabillis. I have a feeling that there are a lot of people who have similar questions to me and this is a good forum in which to answers. Also to clear up any mis conceptions. I have a perfectly normal sex life in the real world and am neither a yahoo or overly timid and get by just fine. however on the playa i think one tends to be so overwhelmed by all that is already going on that a little info before hand can be helpful. also as i am learning there are a lot of people who want to comment on this topic but have very little to say

this is an open board and community with the hope of constructive discussion. unfortunately some believe repetition and persistence is what determines who and what is right.

the problems around bianca came from several years of reputation in building that attracted the sort of crowd i was referring to, since you would be starting out, i dont think you would have that problem.

people's perceptions are becomming too limited not to appreciate it. i say stick to your guns and go for it.
spectabillis

Postby Chai Guy » Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:33 pm

the problems around bianca came from several years of reputation in building that attracted the sort of crowd i was referring to, since you would be starting out, i dont think you would have that problem.

I'm going to go ahead and disagree with you. I don't believe that Bianca's "reputation" had anything to do with its demise.

My first year at the event, 1998, I walked into Bianca's one evening with some camp mates to see approximately 10 men laying on the floor in a daisy chain suck fest. There were several couches with a dozen or so couples of all genders engaged in every position imaginable. In another corner there were massage tables, there were so many people on them I couldn't even tell you what was happening. I looked to one of my campmates for a reaction and realized that, although we had been there for less than 2 minutes, he was already receiving a blow job. (Mind you, Bianca’s was located on the Esplanade and offered little to obstruct a person's view inside if you were standing on the street).

The next year, I didn't see anything at Bianca's that was nearly as exciting or as free as that the first night. I did see a man who was sitting naked, by himself who had apparently fallen asleep with his penis in his hand, and would occasionally wake up long enough to stroke himself once or twice before nodding off again.

The year after that, 2000, is when I believe camp "Jiffy Lube" started. With absolutely no disrespect towards Jiffy Lube, I think that's where I saw Burning Man starting to feel more like the rest of the world in terms of clearly defined gay/straight areas.

Last year I was walking down the Esplanade with a male friend when a woman standing in front of a tent waved at me to come over. I approached her and asked her what was going on. She said the name of her camp, (forget the name now), and said that I was welcome to come in but that I needed a partner. So I point to my male friend and she says "Oh, no, you need a female partner, we only allow male/female couples". So I shrug and say "oh well". and start to walk off. She then replies "But you can grab a girl off the playa and come in!" Ummm... I can "grab a girl off the playa??" What the fuck is that? You're so desperate for people to come into your camp that you're waving down guys to grab up women? (and I know she didn't mean I was to physically grab up a woman, well at least I didn't interpret it that way).

So I don't believe you could start a Bianca's in 2006. You could start a same sex place similar to Jiffy Lube (but don't have any homoerotic images out front or the cops will bust you, they gotta protect the children you know!). You could have a "Swing" club or "Canadian Beaver Eating Contest" but you'd you have to post guards out front and have a "secure" tent to hold it in. And forget about trying to have a female only space like the Critical Tits Afterparty. And certainly you couldn't have a place where all kinds of people of all sexual orientations were free to express themselves together.

It's not about Bianca's reputation, it's about the way the culture has changed, how the police enforce the rules, and how the population has grown.
Chai Guy

responsibility to not edit others post's

Postby Rockdad » Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:06 pm

Since I have PM'ed you at 10:15 am and you are shown as online and you refuse to respond that way I guess we will continue the discussion here

spectabillis wrote:i think for moderators the edit button is where the quote button used to be, but if you think being a moderator does not mean we cant voice our opinion like any and everyone else, you're wrong.

And as a moderator you have responsibility to not edit others post's and or remove them. And you should also not edit your own post past the 60 minutes imposed on everyone else! Twice in one week shows you may not be responsible enough to handle the privilege.
spectabillis wrote:this is an open board and community with the hope of constructive discussion. unfortunately some believe repetition and persistence is what determines who and what is right.

Does that include flaming sex/age/art groups you would prefer not to see on the Playa?
spectabillis wrote:the problems around bianca came from several years of reputation in building that attracted the sort of crowd i was referring to, since you would be starting out, i dont think you would have that problem.

spectabillis wrote:beer breathing and leering camera eyes of clueless men who kill the open environment without understanding what it takes to be respectful.

Could you describe that group a little more? so far we have males that drink beer with camera's and a leering look on their face. Seems to me most of the Leering and inapropriate comments/behaviour that I have seen on the Playa comes from younger males with funny haircuts on designer drugs that think they are god's gift to the world. And what did this have to do with this thread?
spectabillis wrote:people's perceptions are becomming too limited not to appreciate it. i say stick to your guns and go for it.

Go for what? Sex Camps? It is the last thing that I think is important about BM. While I do not begrudge anyone having fun in a sex camp I would rather not because while you and Yogii are just going to bed after a night in the sex camp I am just getting up, brewing some coffee and heading off onto the Playa for the morning light!

I am touchy about flaming camera's I love the art of photography and it is art whether you like it or not!
I love a cold beer on the Playa too!
And I love to get up before sunrise and take pictures on the Playa with my leering beer glazed eyes....

The Eplaya Bar Camp Blog
Rockdad

Playa love

Postby Rockdad » Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:09 pm

yogiii2 wrote:i want to thank you for your input Spectabillis. I have a feeling that there are a lot of people who have similar questions to me and this is a good forum in which to answers.

Also to clear up any mis conceptions. I have a perfectly normal sex life in the real world and am neither a yahoo or overly timid and get by just fine.

however on the playa i think one tends to be so overwhelmed by all that is already going on that a little info before hand can be helpful.

also as i am learning there are a lot of people who want to comment on this topic but have very little to say

Yogii I do apologize for having a little fun with you I amazed it went on for two pages. I came from a perspective of one who would not be caught in a sex camp unless it was all women and just me!
I find the possibility of that happening very remote but actually not impossible in BRC
For myself sex camps/getting laid seem so unimportant in the greater scheme of things going on in BRC. Apparently one of the moderators thinks differently which is fine continue the discussion with him and others that find sex camps/getting laid so important.
Now if I tell you JOTS stands for Johnny on the spot and that I was originally making a sock joke in reference to other threads and discussions in Eplaya sock's being a reference to someone using multiple screen names.
It just evolved from their and if you go back to the beginning of the thread and read it again from that perspective maybe you will see the lighthearted humor I intended.
The discussion then moved on to advice to you, wanted or not from others and me this advice I still stand by, yes I have gotten “lucky” but it was never because I was in a sex camp or running around trying to get laid or even worried about it!
For me it was either a case of two human animals finding each other horny at the same moment in time and space using the opportunity for a quickie to satisfy the animal or because a connection on a more personal level was made and it evolved from there into Playa love which can last from a few minutes to a lifetime.

Remember wear your socks!
Welcome home it is what you make it!
See Ya on the Playa

The Eplaya Bar Camp Blog
Rockdad

Postby Rockdad » Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:24 pm

Spec please please pretty please even do not attempt to use the quote button on my post's anymore! it is not fair to me to have to archive in Word all my post's please just cut and paste it.

The Eplaya Bar Camp Blog
Rockdad

Re: responsibility to not edit others post's

Postby spectabillis » Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:36 pm

Rockdad wrote:Since I have PM'ed you at 10:15 am and you are shown as online and you refuse to respond that way I guess we will continue the discussion here.

what? of all the pm's, posts, replies... if i am working on things i cant answer or even read everything right away. I just did, and then read this.

ChaiGuy wrote:I'm going to go ahead and disagree with you. I don't believe that Bianca's "reputation" has anything to do with its demise... It's not about Bianca's reputation, it's about the way the culture has changed, how the police enforce the rules, and how the population has grown.

i think you may have misunderstood, or i didnt explain it well, because those two comments seem to be what i was getting at.

have you seen this? http://bianca.org/history/burn.html
spectabillis

Postby Desert Duck » Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:50 pm

sandmandan wrote:I just want to know what the names and locations and how to find camps where i can have sex with girls
I like pudding.

I like tea.

I like chocolate.

Do you like me?
Desert Duck

Re: bitch, moan, jump up and DO!!!

Postby Desert Duck » Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:53 pm

Desert Duck wrote:Yup.
Spose I coulda done it better, but I'm better at bein' a dick.
Sorry.

I guess some people's attitudes affect how I see other people with similar(if slightly different) questions.
I like pudding.

I like tea.

I like chocolate.

Do you like me?
Desert Duck

Postby spectabillis » Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:14 pm

not completely relevant, but its interesting to note how things have changed. this is what i mean by things not being as open and challenging to appease people's sensibilities.

its not a coincidence that the people complaining about the sexual elements at burningman are also intolerant of people disagreeing with them, thats usually a strong indication of being morally self-rightous.

but the jiffylube art controversy is a good read over this...

http://www.newsreview.com/reno/PrintFri ... id%3A16465
http://www.burningman.com/blackrockcity ... ylube.html
spectabillis

Postby Desert Duck » Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:27 pm

spectabillis wrote:

its not a coincidence that the people complaining about the sexual elements at burningman are also intolerant of people disagreeing with them, thats usually a strong indication of being morally self-rightous.

The funny thing is, I don't recall anyone "complaining" about the sexual elements at Burningman. Maybe about certain types of behavior related to sexuality, but not sexuality itself per se.

The other thing I see is that if you advertise that Burningman is a sex show, you'll get a lot of people just coming out for the wrong reasons.
I've had a lot of wonderful and freaky stuff happen to me on the playa and would prefer if these things could continue to happen. The more it's talked about, the more people will come out looking for it, the less likely it is to actually happen. So really, I'm not being self-righteous at all. I'm being selfish, and I don't want people coming out chasing away my fun.

Oh, yeah. I almost forgot to say-VOLUNTEERS ROCK!!!

Thank you to everyone who actually does stuff to make this happen.
I like pudding.

I like tea.

I like chocolate.

Do you like me?
Desert Duck

Postby Rockdad » Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:46 pm

Desert Duck wrote:
spectabillis wrote:

The funny thing is, I don't recall anyone "complaining" about the sexual elements at Burningman. Maybe about certain types of behavior related to sexuality, but not sexuality itself per se.

The other thing I see is that if you advertise that Burningman is a sex show, you'll get a lot of people just coming out for the wrong reasons.
I've had a lot of wonderful and freaky stuff happen to me on the playa and would prefer if these things could continue to happen. The more it's talked about, the more people will come out looking for it, the less likely it is to actually happen. So really, I'm not being self-righteous at all. I'm being selfish, and I don't want people coming out chasing away my fun.

Oh, yeah. I almost forgot to say-VOLUNTEERS ROCK!!!

Thank you to everyone who actually does stuff to make this happen.

I sat on my reply all day just threw it away you said it perfectly..

The Eplaya Bar Camp Blog
Rockdad

Postby madmatt » Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:20 pm

yogiii2 wrote:So, does no one else have any thing to say about sex camps? I still feel like I have a very pour understanding of this part of burning man. Any information would be helpful.
thanks

There are camps with varations of the following activities/themes:

Therapeutic, educational/practical and spiritual:
hands on workshops, lectures and such. Sensual massage for partners, places like chill out areas or teahouses with sensual stuff. Rope bondage workshops, women's masturbation classes, etc.

playful, erotica, theatrical, etc -
showing of porn, naked theater stuff, strip tease, pube trimming

just plain fuckin- '
places like Temple of Atonement, Jiffy Lube, bunch of others where group sex takes place (gay or straight), places that offer couples places to do in semi public. Then there's all the freestyle nookie that folks are having in art cars, in dance zones, in tents, in the portapotties (ick) and on the bare ground in the deep playa.

Check these selections from 2005 (from burningman.com)

Ascension Tribe
Ascension Tribe is a sacred, sensual place for ritual and workshops that elevate the energies of the soul: psyche (mind), pneuma (spirit), and soma (body). Now in our third year on the playa, we offer seminars and practice in Tantric encounter, sacred sexual massage for women and men, energy work, qigong, dynamic meditation, as well as rituals and rites of ascension, and fun, erotic, and spiritual programs like Pole Dance Revolution and Storytime Shisha -- all in our beautiful dome, designed with all five senses in mind. All adult participants are welcome.
Hometown: Putnam Valley, NY
URL: http://www.ascensiontribe.com

Campo Alegre
They say the eyes are the windows to the soul. We welcome you all to come into our garden of eyeballs, as we peer into the innermost parts of the psyche at Campo Alegre. During the day, we invite you to take part in Masked/Unmasked. We recognize that the self is a beautiful and ever-changing collection of actions and ideas. We ask you to bare yourself, inside and out and to take up another self as we photograph you in a different physical mask. When night falls, we dig deeper in to the sexual subconscious in Motel 616. On the the playa, many of us long to make a physical and spiritual connection with a special person or persons. And yet many of us cannot find a comfortable place for that _expression. We invite you and your partner to put on a fluffy, white robe and step into a refreshing, clean space. Think of it as a secluded, oasis in the desert where you are free to express your deep connection on the bed or anywhere else you desire in the Motel. Shadows gives substance to your inner fantasies, as a soft light shines on you so your movements are projected on the outside of the tent. After all, we all like to watch too.
Hometown: Chicago, IL
URL: http://www.campoalegre.org

LiquorInTheFront, PolkaInTheRear
Liquor in the Front, Polka in the Rear. What more do you need? Inoculate yourself against sobriety while getting down to the groovin' sounds of the house band, Sexual Polka! This camp is also the home base of the Slowest Moving Bar on the Playa.
Hometown: Oakland, CA

Risa
RISA is just like the resort planet from Star Trek, renowned for its breezes and easy-going, uninhibited sexuality. Our main attraction at Risa this year, is the Dancing Peahen and Peacock Shuttle. The atmosphere on the shuttle best represents what Risa is all about. For a ride, look for the shuttle on the open Playa. The Dancing Peahen and Peacock are looking for live music this year!
Hometown: Carson City, Nevada
URL: http://members.shaw.ca/brcrogman/risa.html

Snuggletown!
There are natural instincts we suppress under the veneer of civilization. Many normal and healthy actions, are frequently considered improper in today's society. The very natural and healthy need for touch, for open affection, for sensual play is present in all of us. Today's society frowns upon these things. Suppression, however, is not a healthy for the psyche. These desires do not go away when we simply suppress them.

Snuggletown! is devoted to nurturing connection, communication, exploration, passion, and playfulness with healthy, caring, communal opportunities for affection and bliss. By providing a touch-positive, open arena for snuggling and body playfulness, we intend to undo the damage that western society has done to the psyche, help connect the conscious to the subconscious and release the desires that have been buried in the unconscious.

Snuggletown! is here to heal the psyche.

Join us for a variety of events and workshops, covering a range of sexuality & sensuality issues, including a meditation dome, Tuesday night's open playa Chez Snuggle "feed your lover" dinner, classes for all including the female orgasm, authentic movement, communication & relationship, mask making, sensual play 101, expressing our sexuality, eye gazing, true living, past lives workshop, "quantum energy" trancework, dream therapy workshop, belly laugh circle, boundary acknowledgement, and intimacy building workshops.
Hometown: Portland, OR
URL: http://www.snuggletown.org

etc.
madmatt

Postby spectabillis » Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:26 pm

Desert Duck wrote: The other thing I see is that if you advertise that Burningman is a sex show, you'll get a lot of people just coming out for the wrong reasons...

I dont get how anyone is advertising that the event is a sex show, or that it even comes close to being that way. But there are people who complain, read the jiffylube story.

And there are plenty of obnoxious people who are naturally attracted to that kind of thing where having to deal with them is a problem in two ways. First, people have to deal with the harassment and behavior directly in person. Second, it kills the open and free atmosphere, ruins it for everyone else when things have to be kept under watch and closer control.
spectabillis

PreviousNext

Return to 2006 Theme Camps