SkipBo Camp

Do you think a SKIPBO camp would be a positive addition to the playa?

No votes
Stupidest idea in the world
Total votes : 8

SkipBo Camp

Postby AmadeaDelMar » Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:03 pm

I want to get a feel of how many people would be interested in a skipbo themed camp. How many of you? Raise your hands? It would be really great, from a color theme to a number theme and all in between. There would be daily tournaments and prizes to go along. Watch out no limit hold'em , SKIPBO may be coming to town.

Postby Zona_the_stona » Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:47 pm

I've played skipbo before and I like that game. Maybe you should expand it a bit though, and gather a bunch of board games and card games. A week is a long time to play one game.

Postby Desert Duck » Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:43 pm

I think it's great, my vote is a sarcastic bockbock. :shock:
I like pudding.

I like tea.

I like chocolate.

Do you like me?
Desert Duck
Location: Oregon foothills near Silver Falls...wait, no...San Francisco...umm North bay?...The Playa!!!!

Postby nogganoodle » Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:00 am

I'm confused, yet fascinated. Can you explain this skipbo game if you please. Never heard of it :D

Edited because I can't spell for s**t!
You don't need a license to drive a sandwich
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Booby Bar, UK Envoy

Postby Zona_the_stona » Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:02 am

Editorial Review
A member of Mattel's popular family of Uno card games, Skip-Bo resembles speed (or spit) in the same way that Uno takes after crazy eights. Out of a 162-card deck, two to six players are each dealt 20-card "stockpiles"; the first one to deplete their pile wins. Competing either alone or in teams, players draw from a central pile and stack their cards sequentially onto one of four "build" piles (for example, an eight onto a seven, a three onto a two), using plentiful Skip-Bo wild cards to break up static situations. Deceptively simple and ingeniously designed, this classic game offers plenty of strategizing opportunities, or it can just make a nice backdrop to socializing and munching on potato chips. --Paul Hughes

From the Manufacturer
Each player/partner is dealt a stockpile of cards and then attempts to win by playing all these cards on building piles in numerical sequence from 1 to 12. Skip-Bo is from the makers of UNO.

Postby gladeye » Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:57 pm

I think you need to spice it up a little. Maybe Skip-Bo-Ner camp? It expands your options.
"Madness is the first sign of dandruff" - Dr. Winston O'Boogie

Return to 2006 Theme Camps