fees

fees

Postby janicels » Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:06 pm

how many camps charge a fee to be in the camp when the person brings everyhting they need and all there food and still help sit up camp
jan
whooo we are camping with greeters....it will be great
janicels

Postby spectabillis » Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:13 pm

depends on the camp, and there is always open camping.
spectabillis

camps

Postby janicels » Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:18 pm

i think is wrong to charge when they have already paid to be there
and they are willing to help
whooo we are camping with greeters....it will be great
janicels

Postby Chai Guy » Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:02 pm

Well, there is certainly no shortage of space at the event. You're welcome to start your own "no fees" camp, or camp by yourself.

Personally, I kind of like camps that require the actual camp members to pay the bills. "Radical Self Reliance" and all that.
Chai Guy

Postby timber mischief » Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:47 pm

Camp fees? Well at Mischief camp Fees are collected for generator/ fuel, dump fees, and a portion for transporation of 275 gals of water. In my opinion camps work best when every body has a vested interest in making it the best it can be.
Ask the camp your thinking of joining for a breakdown of fees if it concerns you.
Imagine of you will ............ round squares..... Not spherical cubes.............But round squares.
timber mischief

Postby Dustdevil » Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:04 pm

In 04' Mystic Beat Lounge charged about $50 per person. It was a bargain. We had a huge central tent, a 50KW genny WITH a power grid and plenty of entertainment within the camp. In 05' Illumination Village charged about $20 per camp if you wanted electricity. Someone pays for the genny rental, the spider boxes and cables, the large tent. How much are they asking you to pay and what do you get for your money?
Those who think they can and those who think they can't are both right.
Dustdevil

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: Brain Freeze / Got Stickers

Postby Dr. Pyro » Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:13 pm

janicels, I think it's safe to say you'll never be a member of Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro. We charge roughly $50/person. What does that money go to? Let me count the ways: 1) 20 cases of award-winning wine; 2) 800 gallons of propane for our fire cannon; 3) $900/year in rental fees at our local Public Storage to keep 1000+ Barbies, three ovens, six gallows, 30 crucified Barbies, 24 Barbie cars and trucks and roller skates and vans and airplanes, four rolls of faux-turf to keep the dust down, four rugs to keep the dust down, three shade covers, the fire cannon itself; 4) cost of printing up Barbie Death Camp wine cups, hats, and shirts; 5) the three cases of beer we buy to give away. After doing this for seven years, it is becoming prohibitively expensive for one or two of us to foot the entire bill. So if you think you can simply show up and freeload off the rest of the citizens of Black Rock City with impunity while offering absolutely nothing in return, then you haven't any idea on how this community works. Cheapskate.
Dr. Pyro

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby Desert Duck » Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:38 pm

I've been with Recycle for 7 years, we're partially funded by the borg. We provide meals and water, are on the "grid", but our power is not for individual use, and you have to bring your own snacks. We also expect anyone camping with us to commit to several 4 hour shifts during the week, as well as set-up, break-down, and 4 hours of moop patrol at the end or after the event. A few of us don't pay for tickets, last year I worked about 100 hours over the course of my 2 week stay. One way or another, if you get more, you pay more.You have to decide if what the camp offers is what you want, then be willing to pony up.
I like pudding.

I like tea.

I like chocolate.

Do you like me?
Desert Duck

Location: Oregon foothills near Silver Falls...wait, no...San Francisco...umm North bay?...The Playa!!!!

Postby ThePikey » Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:51 pm

Our camp had one guy rent a trailer to bring out our shade structures, couches, and tarps. We all chipped in, because it'd be grossly unfair to stick him with all the expense. Didn't matter that I helped set up, and brought my own food, and all that, because he did too.

Depends on the camp, ya kno? Lots of folks make elaborate structures, or wind up renting a truck to get their gear out there, or need to power up a generator. These things cost money, and you should be willing to chip in if your camp is supplying these things. (Unless your camp has some deal set up where someone supplies and pays for all the gear, but then has a free ride to sit on their ass and screw around while everybody else does all the labor, you're probably going to be on the hook for some of the cost.)
ThePikey

Re: fees

Postby mars » Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:14 am

janicels wrote:how many camps charge a fee to be in the camp when the person brings everyhting they need and all there food and still help sit up camp
jan

How many camps? That would be 263.

////////////////
Live as if everyone loves you and thinks you look great. Dance as if no one is watching.
mars

Postby mdmf007 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:54 pm

Janicels -
That sucks dont it, if your broke or just cheap pay in kind.
What were you expecting? an invitation to a free ride? "come on over here janicels we have sponsors that pay our way"

lol - later all
One of the Meanie Greenies (Figjam 2013)
mdmf007

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: ESD

thank u

Postby janicels » Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:33 pm

i was just woundering that is all
this year we wil have a camp of are own
it is bmanbutton
it is just that i need some info
we are going to make pin on buttons
i will be able to make photo ones too
thank u