75%
Cussing and cowboy hats?
11%
Round the clock bar ruff housing??
7%

Total votes : 28

The low down dirty shame dive bar?

Postby Playaface » Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:50 pm

So im thinking of starting a dive bar for the playa. This would be my 6th year (not consecetive) being on the playa. I want to start a dive bar for all the outcasts on the playa. You know who you are. The ill gotten troglidites that roam the playa trying to find their home. The ones that arent engineers or massage therapists, The ones that get sneared at because they hold an opinion and think for themselves! The ones that think trance sucks and eliteists are cannon fodder.

Im looking for a few comrades to brainstorm with and bat around ideas. Im open to but not limited to anything nasty, dank, dark, profound, dirty, ruff, wet, drunk, sarcastic, naughty, freakish, impulsive or just down right mean.

I do however want to play honky tonk, ol skool country, dirty rock and roll. ganster rap and what ever the norms in society deem unfit for human behavior. So any bands or DJs that play country, twang, rock, gansta rap you know dive bar music, feel free to reply to this thread.

Rowdys, pervies and people with short comings encouraged to reply! Lets make it happen!
My sights based on movement, Hippies beware!
Playaface

Postby Isotopia » Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:13 am

So im thinking of starting a dive bar for the playa.

A dive bar? I was under the impression that there was no other kind on the playa.
Isotopia

Postby webdaemon » Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:54 pm

hey webdaemon here... i was wondering will you set an age limit? and i was hoping country nor rap were the main music played... any way ill be glad to help any way i can. when you get a location set up send me some info and ill help u build.

webdaemon666[AT]gmail[DOT]com
webdaemon

Postby Steven bradford » Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:28 am

A classy and exclusive bar---now that would be different.
Steven bradford

Postby Playaface » Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:37 am

Since the inevitable thrashing of the "theme" of this years burn, How bout Low down dirty shame droid reclaiming facility?? Robots rejected by society? Think AI meets star wars cantina scene mixed with cuss words and alien secretions.
Playaface

Postby Playaface » Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:46 pm

Ok how bout a 3-4 person bartop in a dark and dank structure with a cd player playing cash and gary neuman?? People like Gary neuman right?
Playaface

Dank

Postby Desert Duck » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:37 pm

SMELLY!!! You gotta have some stink, and a way to keep all that horribly beautiful sunshine OUT! Wobbly bar stools, a little juke box with Johnny Cash, Supersuckers, The Cramps, Rev Horton Heat, Southern Culture on the Skids. A puke bucket that's always half full. Oh, and don't mind the drunk in the corner who just pissed his pants.
I like pudding.

I like tea.

I like chocolate.

Do you like me?
Desert Duck

Location: Oregon foothills near Silver Falls...wait, no...San Francisco...umm North bay?...The Playa!!!!

Postby Desert Duck » Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:12 pm

Okay, maybe no puke bucket, but a dartboard's not a bad idea.
I like pudding.

I like tea.

I like chocolate.

Do you like me?
Desert Duck

Location: Oregon foothills near Silver Falls...wait, no...San Francisco...umm North bay?...The Playa!!!!

Postby rporpo » Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:58 am

[color=darkred][/color][size=18][/size]
would this be any relation to the best dive bar in Yaak, Montana called the "Dirty Shame"? Fine establishment!!!!!!!!!!1 i recommend it highly. :wink:
rporpo

Postby rporpo » Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:25 am

[color=green][/color]oh what a shame. in yaak it is actually called the Dirty Shame Saloon!! Call "em at (406) 295-5439. big crawdad feed later this month. don't miss it. check your guns at the bar.[color=green][/color]
rporpo

Postby Desert Duck » Tue May 02, 2006 1:28 pm

I like pudding.

I like tea.

I like chocolate.

Do you like me?
Desert Duck

Postby Gingher » Thu May 04, 2006 3:10 pm

Hey you want some rough and rowdy bands in yer dive bar? I ride a mean bull too! It would also only be logical to have some characters a la Starwars cantina in this dusty dive.
XXOO
Space Cowgirl
Yeeehaaaw!
Gingher

Postby Desert Duck » Thu May 04, 2006 3:30 pm

Just so folks know, Playaface is not going to be doing his wonderful idea for a bar and is likely not watching eplaya because it would be depressing. He has sold his tickets due to a wedding and won't be coming to the playa. I'm hoping that he doesn't let the idea die and that we'll see the Low Down Dirty Shame in '07.
I like pudding.

I like tea.

I like chocolate.

Do you like me?
Desert Duck

Postby Gingher » Thu May 04, 2006 4:51 pm

Damnit can't someone have a space cantina with robot bands and mechanical bulls??? Where am I supposed to meet my spacelover from another dimension??? Holy Crap already!!!

Space Cowgirl
Yeeehaaaw!
Gingher

Postby Rockdad » Thu May 04, 2006 10:08 pm

Gingher wrote:Damnit can't someone have a space cantina with robot bands and mechanical bulls??? Where am I supposed to meet my spacelover from another dimension??? Holy Crap already!!!

Space Cowgirl

Maybe at the new Eplaya Bar and grill, No mechanical bulls planned yet or robot bands but plenty to drink and probably find something to ride too.

Eplaya bar camp coming to a Playa near you in 2006
Eplaya Bar Camp 2006 "What will it be"

The Eplaya Bar Camp Blog
Rockdad

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri May 05, 2006 8:34 am

Rockdad wrote:Maybe at the new Eplaya Bar and grill, No mechanical bulls planned yet or robot bands but plenty to drink and probably find something to ride too.
Don't forget crafts! Make the Man in Wire! Make a BM Picture Frame for Your Favorite BM Picture! Join the Madame Defarge Knitting Circle!

Hm. A contest for how drunk you can get and still not drop stiches...?
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Gingher » Fri May 05, 2006 8:45 am

Knitting circles??? Crafts??? What kind of bar is this going to be??? I'm not getting rough and rowdy in a knitting circle--damnit Cryptofishist---get with the program!!!!
XXOO
Yeeehaaaw!
Gingher

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri May 05, 2006 8:48 am

Gingher wrote:Knitting circles??? Crafts??? What kind of bar is this going to be??? XXOO
We provide day care for your SO leaving you to persue the hottie on that stool at the end of the bar. Full Service.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Postby Gingher » Fri May 05, 2006 8:55 am

Ok then, as long as there is Bible study and friendship storytelling, it seems like a supersonic good time.
Yeeehaaaw!
Gingher

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri May 05, 2006 9:34 am

Bible study. The only bible study you're likely to get from me is study of how it was put together by power hungary priests.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Postby Gingher » Fri May 05, 2006 12:23 pm

Yes of course, and the only craft circle I'll be in is the one where we make peace necklaces for the aliens that are going to come searching for those with superior DNA to use for their repopulation of space efforts. They'll be trading for Bibles you know.
Yeeehaaaw!
Gingher

Postby Rockdad » Fri May 05, 2006 1:54 pm

But NEB nap time should be fun?
Eplaya Bar Camp 2006 "What will it be"

The Eplaya Bar Camp Blog
Rockdad

Postby Zulegoona » Fri May 05, 2006 5:21 pm

way back in the old days, I remember most woman's knitting circles always had “and terrorist organization,” in the title ... The first project was always knitting a bomb cozy
Zulegoona

Postby AntiM » Sat May 06, 2006 6:24 am

These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby Gingher » Sun May 07, 2006 11:40 am

That is badass AntiM, can I get a patch of that to sew onto my sleeve?
Yeeehaaaw!
Gingher

Return to 2006 Theme Camps