any one thinking about plans for 2006 burn

Postby unjonharley » Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:22 pm

Tiahaar wrote:What?? No no, see the aluminum dome thing looks like a big wash tub...you know how scary that would look, the hippies would run the other way : )

~

Kiding aside, This Tishaar is one of the good guys. He has this woundeful old spaceship/bus and a great shade structure. Every year he has a new lighting skeem for the bus. Also he has a kenetic art sculpture. It is in the form of a horse about 7ft. tall and 8ft long. one person can power it but there is a second seat with pedels. He seems to be able to fix stuff. Now we have to get his shy ass to the meet&greet. He hides out in the burbs. So not many get to see his works.
/Running to catch the last basket of the day
unjonharley

Postby Tiahaar » Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:34 pm

Aw thanks Unjon **blush** you're one of the good ones too!! Your mobile big band tunes trike is great, ya gotta bring that back for next year. I PROMISE to get over to the M&G one of these years heheh.
Burning Man 2003-13; Desert Carillon, Ulaume's Chimes, Iron Native, Black Rock Solar, Portal Collective, Center Camp Café Stage Tech
RING THE COCK Caravansy Peenerweight Boutique
Tiahaar

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: Starship Palomino

Postby Lorgasm » Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:26 pm

I miss the big shark (bar). Does anyone know if he plans on swimming through the Playa next year?
BOOBIES!!!
Lorgasm

Postby HughMungus » Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:00 pm

diane o'thirst wrote:All my water in one container, yeah!

OK, not to be critical, but, somehow a few months ago I was reading some survival website and they mentioned that one thing you never want to do is put all your water in one container in case it gets contaminated. This particular article applied to being out at sea but I'd assume it kinda applies to us, too.
It's what you make it.
HughMungus

Postby unjonharley » Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:11 pm

DallasPlaya wrote:

OK, not to be critical, but, somehow a few months ago I was reading some survival website and they mentioned that one thing you never want to do is put all your water in one container in case it gets contaminated. This particular article applied to being out at sea but I'd assume it kinda applies to us, too.

~
Great tip. I carry my water in smaller containers so I can lift and transport easyer. I keep extra food tucked away for the same reason as your water idea.
unjonharley

Postby stuart » Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:59 pm

Shark,

if you are referring to the art car it is banned due to punk ass behavior.
call me baby
stuart

Postby Kinetic IV » Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:37 pm

Smaller water containers make it easier if you have a trailer to distribute the weight around for proper tongue weights and adjusting the center of gravity. And you have less sloshing effects on rough or twisting roads too.
K-IV
~~~~
Thank you for over 7 years of eplaya memories. I have asked Emily Sparkle to delete my account and I am gone. Goodbye and Goodluck to all of you! I will miss you!
Kinetic IV

Postby AntiM » Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:16 am

I just acquired my neighbor's double glider swing; they're moving and throwing away tons o'stuff. It has to be an art project, even if it is simply sitting outside camp for a bit of gentle sittin' swingin' shade. I'll have to replace the seat covers/cushions and the canopy, and likely new paint instead of dull moss green.

It is on the back burners of my brain, waiting for inpiration to strike. An old-fashioned front porch?
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby montana wildhack » Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:34 am

that sounds absolutely wonderful, Anti M!! i'll stop by, and i'll bring some homemade goodies, and sit with you for a spell, if that's okay!
montana wildhack

Postby robotland » Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:39 am

DallasPlaya wrote:

I was watching a program about the building and testing of rollercoasters...They were using these cool WATER-FILLED DUMMIES to simulate human passengers, and they were really great looking! Unfortunately they took the boring route, and put the filler cap on the top of the head. SO many opportunities for fun spigot placement...
Howdy From Kalamazoo
robotland

Postby Lorgasm » Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:50 am

[
i]Shark,

if you are referring to the art car it is banned due to punk ass behavior.[

I've always been fond of sharks. Now I know they can be a bit overzealous at times. I've never heard of one exhibiting "punk ass behaviour". My interest is piqued. What happened?
BOOBIES!!!
Lorgasm

Postby AntiM » Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:14 am

It is a date MW! Fresh lemonade, pink flamingos .... I'm getting there.
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Postby unjonharley » Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:25 am

AntiM wrote:It is a date MW! Fresh lemonade, pink flamingos .... I'm getting there.

~
My flamingos were reading over my shoulder. Now that want to go. They get all pissy when I'm gone for a week. The cat does'nt read this list or there would be trouble. He does sit on top of the TV with his butt and tail hung over the screen.
unjonharley

Postby robotland » Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:37 am

Our Manxes are big and squarish, EXACTLY the dimensions of the TV screen...With practice they have calculated the exact distance from the screen that they have to maintain in order to eclipse it entirely, which they do until the instant you FINALLY get up to scoot their asses away.
Howdy From Kalamazoo
robotland

Postby stuart » Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:20 pm

driving around wasted and running people down
call me baby
stuart

Postby unjonharley » Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:54 pm

stuart wrote:driving around wasted and running people down

~
I would do that too. But my car is getting older and I have to shift down to get over then. Guess I'm getting lazyer.
unjonharley

Postby diane o'thirst » Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:10 am

DallasPlaya wrote:OK, not to be critical, but, somehow a few months ago I was reading some survival website and they mentioned that one thing you never want to do is put all your water in one container in case it gets contaminated. This particular article applied to being out at sea but I'd assume it kinda applies to us, too.

Okay, good point. Guess I'm getting lazy...
They cater to people with horses, a horse and his human will go through twenty gallons of water in a couple days tops. So not a whole hell of a lot of time window to worry about contamination.

I guess the mitigating factor would be that since it's trailer-mounted, it's behind a lockable/sealable door and probably less likely to get anything untoward in it.

BTW, in my first year, I brought a trash can for my water and someone tossed some MOOP into it. Obviously not maliciously, just conscientious and didn't look inside before tossing. I used the water anyway for a jury-rigged fountain!
ImageImageImage
diane o'thirst

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:08 am

diane o'thirst wrote: BTW, in my first year, I brought a trash can for my water and someone tossed some MOOP into it. Obviously not maliciously, just conscientious and didn't look inside before tossing.
Conscientious! A truly conscientious person would know that no trash cans are provided and pack out "his" own!

Sorry, someone has to be a board enforcer of orthodoxy...
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby unjonharley » Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:36 am

I will be providing a small trash can. It will be mounted on the Big band Trike (aka Moop Mobile) Hoping people will pick up moop off the streets and put it in the can. My goal is to have to ask DPW to help me remove the collected moop.
unjonharley

Postby HughMungus » Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:43 pm

unjonharley wrote:I will be providing a small trash can. It will be mounted on the Big band Trike (aka Moop Mobile) Hoping people will pick up moop off the streets and put it in the can. My goal is to have to ask DPW to help me remove the collected moop.

Speaking of trash cans, I wonder what would happen if *someone* (tee hee) were to bring a bunch of trash cans and put them at a few major intersections around BRC. Would this result in less MOOP to pick-up off the ground? I know this is directly counter to "pack it in, pack it out" but it might be a fun psychological experiment.

AntiM, how about putting some wheels on it so it's mobile...

Hm...maybe I'll build my whole camp on a mobile platform this year...pick a new location every night...then disappear...what a mindfuck for my neighbors.
It's what you make it.
HughMungus

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:12 pm

DallasPlaya wrote:I wonder what would happen if *someone* (tee hee) were to bring a bunch of trash cans and put them at a few major intersections around BRC. Would this result in less MOOP to pick-up off the ground?
Robbidobbs, when talking (I believe on this very board!) about little teeny trash receptacles attached to porta potties at other events and why she does not want them attached at bm indicated that she thought that they would become foci of "trash jenga" with lots of loose garbage around the feet on the assumption of their being picked up later when the garbageers come to whisk it away.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Postby unjonharley » Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:24 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:
DallasPlaya wrote:I wonder what would happen if *someone* (tee hee) were to bring a bunch of trash cans and put them at a few major intersections around BRC. Would this result in less MOOP to pick-up off the ground?
Robbidobbs, when talking (I believe on this very board!) about little teeny trash receptacles attached to porta potties at other events and why she does not want them attached at bm indicated that she thought that they would become foci of "trash jenga" with lots of loose garbage around the feet on the assumption of their being picked up later when the garbageers come to whisk it away.

This is why my trash can will be riding with me on the trike. I'll be asking folks to pick up what I see and can not reach.
unjonharley

Postby AntiM » Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:28 pm

AntiM, how about putting some wheels on it so it's mobile...

That's being considered, but it would have to be on a platform on wheels or the cheap piece o' crap swing will tear itself apart. Drawbacks: Larry'd have to pedal the four wheel bike with a lot of extra weight, and I'm snarky about my main mode of transport being enlisted for taxi duty. Larry had it bad enough hauling around the tower of heads or the snowcone machine behind the bike, I'd hate to ask him to haul people too. I like simplicity in projects, hence a front porch for curmudgeons in front of camp.
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Postby HughMungus » Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:56 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:

Oh I know. I just thought it would be funny. I wonder how many veterans would do a double-take. It's kinda like how I always ask Rangers when I see them, "Where are the damn trash cans?"
It's what you make it.
HughMungus

Postby HughMungus » Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:58 pm

AntiM wrote:I like simplicity in projects

I know. Now that I've done a camp, every time I consider a project for 2006 I think, "How much of my time will this take and will it leave any ME time?"
It's what you make it.
HughMungus

Postby unjonharley » Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:28 pm

DallasPlaya wrote:
I know. Now that I've done a camp, every time I consider a project for 2006 I think, "How much of my time will this take and will it leave any ME time?"

~
As of last year (05) I have become a time pig. After all my (year long) work broke down. Then having to bulid what lttle I could (music trike) right on the playa out of scraps. I discovered that having a project that romes the playa. GIves me more ""me"" time. This year (O6) my aim is on three projects. Each one man powered to move slowly(5mpr-) so I can share then with other burners. The robot man suggested carrieing your camp with you. If I have food, water, shade and a reclining seat for naps built into a project. I would only have to return to main camp to sleep and restock. Yeah I'm planing on 06. Have one main frame built and a lot of the parts for the other two. I just keep hitting those second hand outfits. To save gas I bike it so get a lot of back yard shopping done at the same time. You never know where you will fine the next treasure. Oh and working hard to get way from DMV resigesterations.
unjonharley

Postby Journeyman » Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:31 am

Here's the major plan for '06: The Temporate Zone - A tensile structure in the shape of an octagonal faceted teepee/A-frame. It will be 38' across, about 20' tall at the center peak, with eight 7' tall access portals. It will be white, in order to transfer some cool inner lighting effects to the outside surface, and there will be a fiber-optic/E-L wire/blinky display extending above the peak of the structure.. The structure will provide a chill space, with my PA speakers (Yamaha AS108, four of 'em, driven by dual 200-watt amplifiers) presenting ambient chill-trance. These speakers are great for this purpose, as they are acoustic-suspension speakers (unvented) with a small 8" woofer and a horn for high frequencies. They sound loud within a fairly close proximity, but don't carry real far, so as not to disturb anyone out of the immediate area. Accordingly, the volume will not be cranked anyway due to the nature of the whole "chill" presentation. Others in the camp plan to provide additional chill factors. My other project for '06 (The Shadebearers, see "Get Involved"), should tie in nicely with the theme.
Infinity = 1; since 1 / infinity = 1, zero is an absolute impossibility. The reason triangles are so unlike other polygons is that a triangle is part of a polygon bridging two dimensions.
Journeyman

Re: My 2006 project

Postby diane o'thirst » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:31 pm

phil wrote:I _need_ that truck on the playa.

ImageImageImage
diane o'thirst

The Black Rock Beacon

Postby Gothalot » Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:01 pm

The Black Rock Beacon will be back again on Playa delivering the most current and up to date news! This year Ill have more time to work on our actual frontage space which was hap hazard last year due to the paper and its publishing came as a first priority. This year the actual paper is sorted now we can focus a little on the camps visual appeal itself.
Media Mecca Volunteer / Spikes Vampire Bar Mgr
Gothalot

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:47 am

Camp Visual Appeal (aka Camp I-Candy)

The only interaction is admiration.

Sorry, Gothalot, I was reacting to the phrase, not your annoncement.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

PreviousNext

Return to 2006 Theme Camps