Tai Chi and knitting on the playa?

Exchange camp ideas, find places to perform, announce your events, etc.

Tai Chi and knitting on the playa?

Postby usernamenumber » Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:36 am

Ok, yeah, it's a strange combination. But then, this is burning man, sooo...

I'm eagerly anticipating my first burn this year and am making a concious effort not to put together too much of a "to do" list but rather just walk and do whatever I find to be done. However, there are a few things I'm making notes on so I can check them out if the opportunity becomes available.

Does anyone know about places that do beginner-level tai chi in the mornings or evenings?

I'm also interested in doing some knitting (got into it earlier this year and am looking for cool people/projects to help inspire me again) but I'm concerned that it might be too MOOPy for the playa (or that the playa might be too dusty for it). Are there any groups that do it or should I not bother bringing my knitting stuff?
usernamenumber

Postby AntiM » Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:58 am

eplaya bar camp is doing knitting, daytime, around 11?
we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. . . .
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby stew » Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:25 pm

There are Tai Chi sessions mentioned in the event calendar. I don't know what level or style they are, but I'd expect that there will be enough people there to find someone of your level to practice with. Or if by any chance you should run into me, I can teach you some basics of Sun Tai Chi.
stew

Tai Chi

Postby eoyang » Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:06 pm

Tai Chi is part of my routine and I did it out on the playa. I will look for a group next year.
eoyang

Return to 2006 Art & Performance