circus person

Exchange camp ideas, find places to perform, announce your events, etc.

circus person

Postby diggz » Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:57 pm

Hey there folks. I'm not a musician. I'm a local performer coming to Burning Man for the first time. I have an act that I've done around the Bay Area and would be interested in doing somewhere at BM.

It's a 5-6 minute circus style juggling act. It would fit well in a variety show, circus, or cabaret. I'm used to performing on stages in theatres, with light and sound techs, rehearsal and all of that, but I'm open to different set ups as I'm not sure how much equipment people will take out to the desert.

If anyone is putting together a show that you think this would fit in please PM me and we can talk some more.
-D
diggz

Postby Ugly Dougly » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:39 am

I think that whatever performance you have in mind will be welcome on the playa. Keep in mind that the usual "cabaret" restrictions will be gone on the playa and you'll be free to make you act your own. Some performers are not comfortable with this freedom...
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby diane o'thirst » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:47 am

You can also just do it...wherever. Might push your personal envelope but that's what's beautiful about Burning Man. You can challenge yourself and redraw your lines.
ImageImageImage
diane o'thirst

Postby AntiM » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:44 am

http://www.rednosedistrict.org/

Theme camp you may be interested in ... don't know if they're still taking folks, but would likely be well worth a visit.
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby diggz » Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:09 am

It is my own act. Thanks for the advice though.

Peace.
diggz

Postby we0ne » Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:37 pm

Well, If you want an adoring audiance that really appreciates juggling and the likes, stop by kidsville. We have a stage/dome and lots of kids and parents who would love to see you do your thing. You can either come on by whenever the mood sticks you or come early in the week and post a time on our board when you'll be back to perform.

Cheers
Skyneedle
" Isn't it wonderful that no one need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world" Anne Frank
we0ne

Return to 2006 Art & Performance