Artists seeking Stages

Exchange camp ideas, find places to perform, announce your events, etc.

Deceptakahn

Postby trilobyte » Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:18 pm

I'm posting this on behalf of one of my campmates, Deceptakahn. He's a great guy and I'm happy to have him along on our adventure this year. Originally from Texas, he's played all over the state (he's also done Flipside) as well as a few spots here and there in SF.

His default world day job has kept him pretty busy lately, and most of his spare time has been devoted to the basic virgin stuff of getting his stuff together, working on a couple art projects, etc.

He plays using his Final Scratch setup - laptop, interface, and two records (which he'd be bringing of course), and plays some great breaks as well as drum n bass (click the respective links to listen to some of his work).

If you like what you hear and are interested in having him play, drop him a line at deceptakahn@gmail.com or shoot me a private message.

~Trilo~
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby Reuben » Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:47 pm

What I've got--> Electric Mandolin (solid body, it's crazy man!), Effects Box, Small (but fairly loud) amplifier

What I Sound like--> Ambient psychedelic blues jazz rock. Freeform avant garde noise. surf/lounge. all played a little sloppily but with plenty of soul.

What I need--> an outlet with current

What would be super bitchin'--> A couple outlets, folks to jam with, and minds to blow.
Reuben

Postby gaminwench » Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:35 am

come to OBOP at 8:30 and esplanade, look for the blue circus tent...our performance space will host live, 'guided' jams every nite...if you want to book a timeslot, talk to johnny or jaye on playa, or pm me. We' ll have a baby grand!, drums, amps, speakers, and mics, so bring whatcha got!!!
gaminwench

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: DOTA, EoD, OBOP

Postby bodhi1320 » Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:51 pm

Bodhi here...

I am looking to play my own music on stages/camps that will have me.
I go by Bodhisattva 13:20, and I'll be camped around 9 and eager.

I produce twisted psytrance and chill downtempo/experimental, and I'll be bringing my CDs to spin.

My credentials::
http://saikosounds.com/english/show_art ... st_id=4654
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/159200 ... e&n=283155
bodhi1320

COLORADO BREAKS DJ

Postby chives08727 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:47 pm

Im posting this for my friend. He is an incredible breaks DJ. He needs more places to play than just our camp. If interested please PM me

SK
chives08727

hip-hop, funk, and soul, DJ

Postby badstone » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:29 am

I've just decided to get my records dusty this year (well, playa dusty, they're already crate dusty). so, if anyone is looking for a DJ to play funk and soul, old school hip-hop, or clubby hip-hop, please get a hold of me. you can check out the "jaybee" mixes here:

http://www.sockpuppetsoundsystem.com/mixes.html

"rawk" is more clubby, "drunk unc" is more funk, soul, and old skool.

-jaybee
badstone

All original funky psy breaks 115bpm

Postby doramey fossillotti » Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:54 pm

I know it's crunch time, but thought I would give this a shot anyway. I've been going to BM since 2000 but never took the initiative to try and perform at a camp. I have a bunch of original music that is definitely Burning Man inspired, and I would really like to share it with some people.

I'm down to play in the day or whenever. I produce 115bpm aggressive cartoony-funky-psychedelic-breaks type stuff :P I'll be out there on Tuesday.

I don't have a demo, because I'm really protective of my music. All I have is a couple teaser tracks on my myspace page.

www.myspace.com/mrrogersmusic

Would love love love to play on the playa this year :)

-Mr. Rogers the Doramey Fossillotti

dorameyfossillotti@hotmail.com
doramey fossillotti

Postby The Phat Conductor » Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:22 am

yarrrrr!!!!

this is the phat conductor from toronto.

been headlining jams for over 10 years. breaks artists of many labels, looking to play lots of my own stuff, as well as collabos with the likes of bassnectar, robb g, dr. seuss, jelo, dave dub, and my band the department of motion.

have loads of stuff online for you to check out.

http://www.thephatconductor.com/music.htm

give me a holler at thephatconductor at hot mail dot com if you are into it. i will be on the road muchlike between now and the playa. email is likely best.
The Phat Conductor

Acoustic guitarist/singer available

Postby danielflynnpdx » Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:33 am

Hi All,

I am an acoustic guitarist (with electric pickup) and singer. I would be into accompanying a dj or jamming or whatever. My style is acoustic funk/pop/ambient but can also do adlib and comedy. A little of everything. Would love to add some colour to a dj or live music. You can hear three of my songs below (note that these songs represent my more commercial sound:\

www.myspace.com/danieldannydandan

I am also into yoga, contact dance, acting, comedy and loving life.

daniel
danielflynnpdx

Postby stew » Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:34 am

If somebody has an 1h slot to fill, I'd be bringing along my CDs and can DJ some abstact electronic music. Stuff like monolake, Matmos, Aphex Twin etc.

I can also bring some kitsch stuff, 60s French beat music or the likes.
stew

Postby PHOTOgeek » Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:51 pm

Photographer & third year burner here, looking for a home for my art.

Will be bringing some playa-related photos to hang around BRC this year.
If you have a fairly windproof stage or structure in need of art, I'd be happy to drop by with some prints to hang.

Check out some examples of my work on my website.
The panoramas are 90x20 inches, the square photos are 20x20 inches.

See you all on the playa!
PHOTOgeek

Dark Ambient Electro Rock Live PA Available : )

Postby BearBoy1979 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:53 pm

http://www.myspace.com/themusicaldrumkey

Hey I can do a set specifically designed for your camp.

Ranging from Dark ambient minimalism, to electro rock.

One way or another think dark and heavy (this aint bubble gum)

Whaddya Got (what kinda space), and Whatchya Want?

http://www.myspace.com/themusicaldrumkey
BearBoy1979

Postby skycriesx » Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:32 am

Looking to line up a few more gigs for myself. Dj with 8 years of experience originally from Seattle but now in Las Vegas. I play a variety of deep/dubby house good for lounging/cocktail hour, down tempo/trip hop/ambient for chilling, and full on progressive/electro/tech house for late night.

I play using serato/laptop on turntables and will be spinning in the Black Rock Housing Authority camp most of the week but wouldn't mind a few other gigs to network!

Tons of demo mixes available @ www.skycriesx.net
email: info @ skycriesx.net
skycriesx

Postby GonzoRock » Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:44 pm

Would love to hookup with a couple of DJ's that appreciate a drummer
working with their set... With this rig you can have 5 or 6 drummers
working it with you!

Get in touch if you've got a set where Rhythm Jism would add
that extra touch of havoc ;-)

(GonzoRock)(at)(Gmail)(dot)(com)

GonzoRock

I'm looking for a stage to DJ at on the playa this year

Postby DJ Sniffles » Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:26 pm

I'm looking for a stage to DJ at on the playa this year. I'm a part of Earth tribe, and we are having a massive dance stage at 930 and Esplanade. Problem is, the lineup list got filled up too fast before I could inform the folks organizing that that I was going to be available.

I have been djing around Portland for the past three years for various house parties, warehouse parties, clubs and bars, etc.

My focus this year will upon the steady 4 beats: house, techno, and Electro, all with a little Detroit flare. My playlist will probably include Juan Atkins, David Carretta, the Hacker, Cybotron, Vitalic, Drax, Ectomorph, Codec & Flexor, Ellen Allien, some Fischerspooner remixes, Innerzone Orchestra, Thomas Schumacher, Sweet Light, Tiga, and Jeff Mills.

Of course, I'll be bringing my personal headphones, and my CDs, no vinyl.

If your camp has any space at this last minute, hit me up at grayayer@gmail.com, call me at 503-209-1281 or stop by Earth tribe.
DJ Sniffles

some of you might remember me from such burningman art cars

Postby jupiter » Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:07 pm

know as the giant flower... I've been head sound engineer and dj for the past 2 years on this giant Burningman icon. Unfortunatley the beloved flower will not be in attendance at this years burn but i will be, and am looking to dj at your camp. My official affiliation is TheDolab, co creators of the flowers, and have these quality credentials to refer to,
http://waxdj.com/djs/1251/
http://www.myspace.com/djjupiter

my sound ranges from downtown LA underground break beats, and can cover a beautiful sunrise downtempo set as well.
my email
jupiter@thedolab.com
thank you
jupiter

The Lost Penguin seeking artists

Postby Breakfast » Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:46 am

The Lost Penguin, Black Rock City's premier hospitality suite, is seeking live musicians and other performance artists to grace our stage. We are usually located at 4:30-ish on the Esplanade. Please respond if you're interested in playing in our cafe.
Breakfast

Previous

Return to 2006 Art & Performance