Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Exchange camp ideas, find places to perform, announce your events, etc.

Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby AntiM » Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:16 am

This was my project last year and since it is returning I thought I should introduce it yet again for the new folks. (yeah, I couldn't find my old thread from last year, sad)

Anti M's Home for Wayward Art is a place for small art, medium art, amateur art, but especially Bad Art, Lost Art, Found Art, Art which Needs a Good Spanking, and of course, Wayward Art. This is not a gallery, it is more like juvenile detention for art, an orphanage, a half-way house for misfit art. All art in the Home is up for adoption, all the prospective new parent needs to do is fill out a small adoption form and clip it to the Home in place of their newfound art darling. Art may also be committed to the Home, just put it securely in place and say good-bye. While the emphasis is on visual art such as paintings, drawings and photos, sculptural art and trinkets found their way into the Home last year and subsequentially found new homes.

Why? I love to paint, I love to do miniatures, I love to give things away. Based on the concepts of art and gifting, I came up with the Home. Why Bad Art? While I am quite good at miniatures, I am a beginner painter and not always pleased with my products. I also glean art from thrift stores and friends and family and yard sales.

There's a photo of the Home on my site (see sig line). Yes, it is made of chickenwire and 2x4s.

I just put all the adoption cards from last year into albums, it was great to read over what went where and why, thanks to the eplayans who adopted and contributed! This project was so successful I had to ration out my original art, and I only had a handful of things which did not go to new homes. They're getting makeovers, hehehe.
Some sunshine, some dust, a little paint and a tutu. Yeah.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby AntiM » Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:12 am

I now have an address: Chance and 8:30, we'll be in Hushville,so that'll narrow it down.

Gee, Take a Chance on Bad Art!
AntiM

Postby sunn » Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:22 pm

I know I have to have some misfit art somewhere, moving in two weeks so I'll unearth some beautiful (!) piece to bring.....so nice to know there is a place for unloved, unappreciated stuff that's been in the closet for a long time :)
Sunn
sunn

Postby Das Bus » Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:54 pm

I'll definately adopt some art. And I'll have Becca make some too!
Medicated and Motivated!
Das Bus

Postby AntiM » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:31 am

Most excellent! I'm looking forward to seeing y'all and all y'all's art!
AntiM

Postby Lorgasm » Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:02 am

Hey,
I've been pregnant for over 3 years with this installation piece. I would love to give birth to it at your camp. You're awesome. Of course, I am pretty busy gettin ready for the trip. We'll see how it goes. Its a small piece. Just glad I have the option.

Hugs, kisses, and much abundance,
Lorgasm
BOOBIES!!!
Lorgasm

Postby AntiM » Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:04 am

Yeah!
AntiM

Return to 2006 Art & Performance