Edible invitation ideas?

Exchange camp ideas, find places to perform, announce your events, etc.

Edible invitation ideas?

Postby we0ne » Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:56 pm

I was wondering if anyone might have any ideas for edible invitations. Something to give people on the playa to invite them to a show, tasting good and leaving no trace. I thought of cookies with icing writting, but honestly, I don't think the airline will allow me enough luggage space. All suggestions appreciated. Thanks
we0ne

Postby capjbadger » Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:04 pm

Well they make those potato chips with the printing on them.. Maybe you can do somethig like that?
Arrrggg!! Avast ye fucking fluffy bunny shirtcockers! Haul your drunken hairy fat ass out of our sight or prepare to receive a hot buttered hedgehog fired up your aft quarters!

Honey Badger don't care. Honey Badger don't give a shit!
capjbadger

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Lamplighters

Postby we0ne » Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:25 pm

Thanks. I've never seen chips with sayings before. Are these a big name brand?
we0ne

Postby dancemaker » Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:08 pm

you could try rice paper with writing in food coloring on then. Rice paper is light weight and takes up little space.
Dancing across the Universe
dancemaker

Postby Dustdevil » Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:08 am

Not a lot of room to work with, but the M&M's company will print your own message on their candy. Everyone likes the candy and little or no moop. The requirements are on their website. Nice idea for Valentines Day as well.
Those who think they can and those who think they can't are both right.
Dustdevil

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: Brain Freeze / Got Stickers Camp

Postby Chai Guy » Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:14 am

They make toasters that toast bread with logos and stuff (like mickey mouse). If you're good with electricity and a soldering iron, you could probably take one apart and create your own message that will get burned into the toast (just remember to unplug the toaster first). Just ask nice to plug into someone's generator, and bring a few loaves of bread with you.
Chai Guy

Postby Isotopia » Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:53 pm

Nori (dry sheets of seaweed used in rolling certain types od sushi)?

http://japanesefood.about.com/library/pictures/blnori.htm
Isotopia

Postby we0ne » Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:21 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. Chai your toaster idea is great, now I'm thinking of working on re doing a waffle/sandwhich maker to make something. I'm going to experimaent next week with the rice paper first and move down the list. I'll let ya'll know what works best.
we0ne

Postby diane o'thirst » Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:24 am

Watch out for the bread. There always seems to be someone who's gluten-intolerant. If you do it, bring potato bread or cornbread, maybe.

Edit: You can paint on white chocolate bars with food colouring, too. The problem there is keeping them from melting.
ImageImageImage
diane o'thirst

Fruit roll-ups

Postby GregR » Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:25 am

Cut fruit roll-up to the desired size and use watered down corn syrup with food coloring for ink. If you could get a rubber stamp made up with your info, they wouldn't even take much time. Stamp em let 'em dry and Presto! Edible invites.
GregR

Postby robotland » Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:01 am

I saw a report somewhere about a chef who makes "printer sushi"- Edible inks on edible, probably rice, paper...

Isotopia scooped me on the nori idea...But you could EMBOSS the text onto seaweed or rice paper as well. You'd need a plate with the text, which is the tricky part- If it were me doing it, I'd grind an aluminum plate with a Dremel tool and then press the dampened printing material with cloth-backed wood or rubber. (Some experimentation might be necessary.) you could also Dymo Label the text, adhere it to a panel, cast the panel in plaster and create a printing plate from cast metal, plastic, wood putty or some other hard casting medium.
You could also create a mould for little chocolates, with text.
Howdy From Kalamazoo
robotland

Postby spectabillis » Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:23 am

I would be curious to know what you come up with. I brought some cupcakes with sculpted marzipan and icing lettering but it takes a lot of extra space and care - separate cooler with dry-ice.
spectabillis

Postby robotland » Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:06 am

New idea...A brand? Ground into steel with a Dremel, heated and applied to fruit, veggies, or bread.
Howdy From Kalamazoo
robotland

Postby CLARKcon » Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:56 pm

WeOne, "edible images" might be good (Google search). It's the images they use at the bakery with prominent movies, cartoon characters, etc. They are super thin wafers of sugar that have non-toxic images printed on them, and could even be a photo- highly detailed. Plus, you can have them personalized, and they come in different sizes from like 18 to a sheet (think cupcakes) to 8 x 10 in. Enjoy!
COFFEE CAMP: "The Social Hub of the Uncivilized World"
"Remember- Drink coffee...it's for your own good"
"DRINK IT!"
"...it's only just begun."
"To Percolate & Serve."
CLARKcon

Location: .:P3 OASIS & COFFEE CAMP (@ 2:15 & "G") in Fandango Village:.
Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: COFFEE CAMP

Postby capjbadger » Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:08 pm

we0ne wrote:Thanks. I've never seen chips with sayings before. Are these a big name brand?

Pringles
Arrrggg!! Avast ye fucking fluffy bunny shirtcockers! Haul your drunken hairy fat ass out of our sight or prepare to receive a hot buttered hedgehog fired up your aft quarters!

Honey Badger don't care. Honey Badger don't give a shit!
capjbadger

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Lamplighters

Postby willowRage » Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:30 pm

Print them up on some good blotter. Offer blinky toys on arrival.
willowRage

Re: Edible invitation ideas?

Postby wedeliver » Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:20 pm

we0ne wrote:I was wondering if anyone might have any ideas for edible invitations. Something to give people on the playa to invite them to a show, tasting good and leaving no trace. I thought of cookies with icing writting, but honestly, I don't think the airline will allow me enough luggage space. All suggestions appreciated. Thanks

that is really a good idea, an edible invitation to keep the moop down. But since there might not be a good material to put your invitation on, I suggest you use toilet paper. That will also be used, just like an edible, but different, and not creat moop..do ya think??

I sheet would be a nice size for an invite, then perhaps, recommendations for how to use the invite after it as been read... We had friends that gave out bannna bread and packaged ass wipes, which showed alot of caring and forthought.
I'm a topless shirtcocking yahoo hippie

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com
wedeliver

Postby budzz89 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:09 am

robotland wrote:I saw a report somewhere about a chef who makes "printer sushi"- Edible inks on edible, probably rice, paper...

Isotopia scooped me on the nori idea...But you could EMBOSS the text onto seaweed or rice paper as well. You'd need a plate with the text, which is the tricky part- If it were me doing it, I'd grind an aluminum plate with a Dremel tool and then press the dampened printing material with cloth-backed wood or rubber. (Some experimentation might be necessary.) you could also Dymo Label the text, adhere it to a panel, cast the panel in plaster and create a printing plate from cast metal, plastic, wood putty or some other hard casting medium.
You could also create a mould for little chocolates, with text.

thanks for giving a further idea about Isotopia, well said

Postby dr.placebo » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:53 pm

Your choice of:

Image Image

Stencil with food coloring.
dr.placebo

Postby Ugly Dougly » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:48 am

Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Return to 2006 Art & Performance