anyone feeling a bit out of sorts after ...

anyone feeling a bit out of sorts after ...

Postby melibeli » Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:19 pm

hi there...my immune system feels quite wobbly...it was my first burn and i may have inhaled a lot of dust...wonder what other peoples' post burn health challenges are??? :? :? :? [/b]
melibeli

Postby diane o'thirst » Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:34 pm

I got some thickened and cracked skin on my left hand, in spite of assiduous skin care on the Playa. My guess is it's a reaction to my main strap-down rope which is a big, green, rough affair that looks like (and is about as thick as) a snake. That sucker can abrade through anything thinner than stereo cable.

I also have a bit of lassitude and cramping in my right leg muscles; the former I attest to chemo-related neutropenia and the latter is probably due to mild hyponatremia. I hydrate a lot and didn't get a lot of electrolytes out there.
ImageImageImage
diane o'thirst

Postby Brandy » Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:46 pm

I actually lost my voice for the latter part of the week. I have bad allergies and think it was from the dust. Nobody said it was easy out there on the playa. Pretty damn tough, actually---BUT soooooo worth it!!!
Yay!
Brandy

Postby powbob » Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:50 pm

I don't remember hearing so many people with the raspy cough...! I came home with a sinus and bronchial infection, which pretty much set in once I got my head packed with dust from the Tuesday evening dusty breezes. I'm not sure if the soil composition changes much from year to year, but maybe there was a higher concentration of one of the toxic dusts that affected more people this year... Brandy, I hope you got your medicine, and are feeling better by now... I'm finally getting a little bit of energy back... it's never easy is it...?
powbob

Postby powbob » Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:50 pm

oops.
powbob

Return to 2006 Theme