Month Long Burning Man

Postby Desert Duck » Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:37 am

Yay, spring is here, the roads are icy, it's been snowing off and on the last 2 days!! The flowers are blooming and frozen solid! :shock:
I like pudding.

I like tea.

I like chocolate.

Do you like me?
Desert Duck

Location: Oregon foothills near Silver Falls...wait, no...San Francisco...umm North bay?...The Playa!!!!

Postby Lassen Forge » Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:52 am

I know about this snow!!! Just cleared an 8 car wreck off the Dumbarton Bridge, had about an inch of the white stuff all over the deck... been flurrying on and off, and they say more is on it's way...everyone sliding around... Yippeee!!! Wheeeee!!! (Crunch!)

bb
Lassen Forge

Location: Where it's always... Wednesday. Don't lose your head over it.

Postby AntiM » Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:45 am

And when you're done with, we get it! Just more 'cause we're higher up! And then we pass it over to Wyoming or Colorado, hehe.
Read Me!! Ticket Sellers and Seekers!

Really, read the damn sticky posts.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby Kinetic IV » Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:02 am

Leave some for those of us who haven't had but one good snowfall this year. With our luck it will split and go around us if the Rockies don't take out most of the moisture first.
K-IV
~~~~
Thank you for over 7 years of eplaya memories. I have asked Emily Sparkle to delete my account and I am gone. Goodbye and Goodluck to all of you! I will miss you!
Kinetic IV

Postby freakersedge » Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:38 am

antim,

When conditions are right, the valley gets little or no snow but the Wasatch catches the powder, and it is powder...lots of cold and we got an inch of it at 5000 ft., here in the Reno area.
just your basic hippy
freakersedge

Postby AntiM » Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:19 pm

Uh, yeah, I'm on the lower bench of the Wasatch. Get less than the mountains but more than the valley floor. Love that it is usually powder, makes shoveling much easier.

Or is there a Wasatch in NV too?

AntiM

Postby freakersedge » Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:29 pm

Antim,

Just a wasatch county...I used to live downtown SLC and ride the skibus to 8,500 feet, till I got tired of the questioning stares, so I moved to Park City. One of the better arguments I was given to join the 'family' was so that others would know they have chosen right...

freaker
just your basic hippy
freakersedge

Postby AntiM » Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:30 pm

I live in Ogden with many other black sheep..

AntiM

Postby freakersedge » Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:33 pm

Ahhh, Ogden, the home of the IRS and where often live anti-avelanche rounds fall in backyards from Snow Basin, A wonderful ski area!
just your basic hippy
freakersedge

Yes...So what if we took over a small town..would you move?

Postby Alchemy » Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:42 am

Id like to spend my summers in Black Rock..
If we can get The Burner Transplant Project word out I know this lil'town in the bay area that defies time and common community costs AND is probably about the only place besides a work week end on the Playa that you can see someone walking down the road with a rifle in one hand and a beer in the other without battin an eye or feelin the urge to worry "much"
Its about 1/3 empty,is on the water font and is a virtual time capsule..so affordable and private but still centrally located we could take the town and blend its homey Northern Exposure/Twin Peaky goodness with ourburnitude with little hassle and actually have a 24-7 surreal estate.
picture what we could do with party barges/boats/and theme islands..Se my post for theme camps and for theme...Burner Transplant Project...
its a closed town meaning you can only develope whats left....
I wanna see Crockett become for burningman
what Del Webb did for old people in their exclusive 55-an over retirement communitys.
Ive been placing burners with proof of burn into my hoodie.So far Ive only landed post virgins but if the word gets out...
Look for my campside /center camp lecture at the Burn ..
Alchemy

Postby trilobyte » Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:19 pm

Take it off the playa.

Just because we're born into the default world doesn't mean that we have to live the rest of our lives by its rules, or that we have to return to it once we leave Black Rock City.

Try to incorporate the things you enjoy most at Burning Man into your daily life. Go to local and regional events. Support the arts (including music). Do creative things. Build stuff. Share with people.

If you're unable to connect with a local/regional Burning Man group, consider starting one. Or get in touch with local artists (including musicians) and promoters and share some ideas.

The world doesn't actually get any better if we don't do anything to improve it.

~Trilo~
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby Amberica » Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:32 am

If it was a month long I'd start calling it BURNING MOON.
Amberica

Previous

Return to 2006 Theme