Hope and Fear Wifi feed.

Hope and Fear Wifi feed.

Postby Abdi110 » Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:03 pm

Hello. My name is Rubin. I'm a virgin burner and hope to make 2006 an awesome first year. I haven't really found much information on this, other then what's on the Hope and Fear page:

All of these devices will be connected by a closed Wifi network, and linked to a secure computer equipped with a sophisticated software program.

I was wondering if there will be a way for people to get a feed on where the vote is at, something simple like just a text file updated every 10 min with a number ranging from 1 to 100 running on a light http server? I'm sure you could understand how amazing it would be to have access to that live number. If anyone could give some hints as to how this is all going to work out, that would totally rock. Thanks.
Abdi110

Postby griffin » Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:08 pm

That would be pretty cool to have access to the actual numbers, but most likely, we'll just have to figure it out based on the hight of the man.

Kinda like telling time by the position of the sun in the sky.
----------------------------
yesterday was unique
today was the same
www.cypresslounge.com
griffin

Postby Bob A » Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:35 am

yea but think if we had the number. You could set up a little automated man or something as part of your camp.

Bob A
Bob A

Postby griffin » Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:05 pm

OK, now that I'm thinking about it, it would be really cool if camps, and artists, could set up their own display. Maybe as simple as a row of lights that will light up bulbs one at a time depending on the hope/fear factor.

There could be indications of hope and fear all over the city.

I think the only problem would be getting the technology to work, but people controlling the displays just ran the display manually, off of the numbers that they recieved, it would be pretty easy.
yesterday was unique
today was the same
www.cypresslounge.com
griffin

Postby mamagrrl » Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:22 pm

...and the numbers should be shown in binary.

...or is the future not computers anymore? I can never remember...
mamagrrl

Re: Hope and Fear Wifi feed.

Postby Otisserie » Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:40 pm

Abdi110 wrote:I was wondering if there will be a way for people to get a feed on where the vote is at, something simple like just a text file updated every 10 min with a number ranging from 1 to 100 running on a light http server? I'm sure you could understand how amazing it would be to have access to that live number. If anyone could give some hints as to how this is all going to work out, that would totally rock. Thanks.

I don't want to see the number, I want to set it!

I think it would be great if the Man could lead us all in jumping jacks every morning.
I don't experiment with drugs anymore; I already know which ones I like.
Otisserie

Return to 2006 Theme