25%

Total votes : 28

Postby KayTwo » Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:05 am

Tuesday is Soylent Green day!

(...sign seen in the movie...)
KayTwo

Re: Deposit Futuristic Slogans Here

Postby retropsycho » Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:17 pm

robotland wrote:"We must all be concerned about the future, for that is where we will all spend the rest of our lives."

-Criswell, Plan 9 from outer Space

Wow. Was my high school valedictorian quoting P9FOS in her commencement speech? . . . . . . nahhh.

"My interest is in the future because I am going to spend the rest of my life there." – Charles Kettering

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_F._Kettering
I will not fear. Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone . . . there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
retropsycho

tears in the rain

Postby retropsycho » Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:24 pm

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those ... moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."

- Roy Batty, Blade Runner
I will not fear. Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone . . . there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
retropsycho

moovy quotes

Postby ravenluv » Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:10 pm

"i've seen things that you would believe, but cannot see"

ravenluv, "just then"
ravenluv

Postby Ugly Dougly » Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:33 pm

You are not allowed to despair, citizen.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

breakin' the law

Postby ravenluv » Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:37 pm

i'll pray that i don't, or that no one sees me if i do, or that a giant boat from space lands with erie grace and then everyone parties but then can't find the key and now they've got this frickin' huge alien craft just sitting there and, well, you can see how easy it is to despair at times.

so please listen to the ugly man, kids. just say NO to despair! and stay away from spaceships!
ravenluv

Postby Ugly Dougly » Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:55 pm

We got another Runner in sector 12!
Ugly Dougly

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:21 pm

neat :)

Postby LeChatNoir » Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:36 pm

It Was The Future...

Everything I saw, I’m not sure I remember.
Everything I remember, I’m not sure I saw.
The New and Improved Black Cat... now with 25% more blather
LeChatNoir

Postby StackerSteve » Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:18 pm

Fron Spaceballs (the movie)

When does this happen in the movie? Now, your looking at now sir, Everything that happens now is happening now. What happened to then? We missed it. When? Just now. We're at now, now. Go back to then. When? Now! Now? Now! I can't. Why? We missed it. When? Just now, sir. When will then be now? Soon, sir.
StackerSteve

Postby Ugly Dougly » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:53 pm

This you know, the years travel fast. And time after time, I've done the Tell. But this ain't one 'body's Tell. It's the Tell of us all. And you gotta listen it, and 'member, 'cuz what you hears today, you gotta tell the newborn tomorrow. I was lookin' behind us now. Into history, back. I see those of us that got the luck and started the haul for home. And I 'members how it led us here and how we was heartful 'cuz we'd seen what there once was. One look, and we knew we'd got it straight. Those who had gone before had the knowin' and doin' of things beyond our reckonin'. Even beyond our dreamin'.

Time counts and keeps countin'. And we knows now, finding the trick of what's being and lost ain't no easy ride. But that's our track. We gotta travel it, and there ain't nobody knows where it's gonna lead. Still, in all, every night we does the Tell, so that we 'member who we was, and where we came from. But most of all, we 'members the man who finded us, him that came the salvage. And we lights the city, not just for him, but for all of them that are still out there, 'cuz we knows, there'll come a night when they sees the distant light, and they'll be comin' home.
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Future

Postby Zhust » Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:41 pm

Off the top of my head (but probably done before):

Coming soon: the Future!

Tomorrow will be awesome: you'll see!
May your deeds return to you tenfold,
---Zhust, Curiosityist
Zhust

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Camp CampCampCamp

Future Deposits held for past due

Postby Desert Duck » Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:03 pm

can I see the future? I see you, don't I? Will you exist, tomorrow? Of course you will. Unless you don't.
I like pudding.

I like tea.

I like chocolate.

Do you like me?
Desert Duck

Location: Oregon foothills near Silver Falls...wait, no...San Francisco...umm North bay?...The Playa!!!!

Previous

Return to 2006 Theme