Another theme suggestion: After the Rapture

Another theme suggestion: After the Rapture

Postby rainydaywoman » Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:57 am

Is anyone else anxious for the rapture? Think of how much more peaceful things will be once the right-wing christians have acsended to their heaven.....
rainydaywoman

Postby robotland » Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:15 am

They can kiss my Left Behind on the way up.
Howdy From Kalamazoo
robotland

Postby diane o'thirst » Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:07 pm

Yeah, rapture, get here! Make 'em all go away, back to the real Old Time Religion.
O, we'll have a mighty orgy/In honour of Astarte/It'll be a mighty party/And that's good enough for me! Image
ImageImageImage
diane o'thirst

Postby Isotopia » Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:36 pm

I think I'd be more interested in the proposed theme if some of us actually got to send them ourselves.
Isotopia

Postby HughMungus » Sun Nov 27, 2005 5:13 am

Isotopia wrote:I think I'd be more interested in the proposed theme if some of us actually got to send them ourselves.

Sending theme ideas to BORG or sending Christians to Heaven?

Theme suggestions are fun, but, after doing some research about how Larry Harvey runs things, I doubt he's listening. No offense to LH, I just think he has a long-term plan. My favorite quote from him is something to the effect of "if the powers that be in business and politics knew what effect we were having on society they would be scared".
It's what you make it.
HughMungus

Postby Kinetic IV » Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:55 am

Think of how much more peaceful things will be once the right-wing christians have acsended to their heaven.....

Dallas, I think Iso had such wonderful people in mind like Pat Robertson who advocates assassination of world leaders, or the Topeka based Cult of Phelps who pickets funerals, contributes to the delinquency and brainwashing of children, and is a public nuisance beyond compare. If those two pathetic excuses for ministers were to make the ascent to heaven by supernatural or divine intervention it would sure make things a lot less hellish here on Earth.
K-IV
~~~~
Thank you for over 7 years of eplaya memories. I have asked Emily Sparkle to delete my account and I am gone. Goodbye and Goodluck to all of you! I will miss you!
Kinetic IV

Postby diane o'thirst » Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:38 pm

Yikes! I'll take "Summerland" for $500, Alex...

I used to say "My soul belonged to Jesus but he had to bail a friend out of jail so he sold my soul to Epona. She's promising me a nice Friesian-Lipizzaner cross to ride in the afterlife so it's turning out to be a fair deal, at any rate..."
ImageImageImage
diane o'thirst

Postby Ugly Dougly » Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:01 pm

The AfterChrist?
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby AntiM » Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:30 am

Can I have your art car after the Rapture?
Some sunshine, some dust, a little paint and a tutu. Yeah.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby Kinetic IV » Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:59 am

AntiM wrote:Can I have your art car after the Rapture?

I ordered a bumpersticker saying almost the same thing from EvolveFish this morning and now it gets posted here! Strange.
K-IV
~~~~
Thank you for over 7 years of eplaya memories. I have asked Emily Sparkle to delete my account and I am gone. Goodbye and Goodluck to all of you! I will miss you!
Kinetic IV

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:39 am

Problem with this theme is that it will lead to too much bad Blondie being played on pas. Give me "11:59" anytime.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Return to 2006 Theme