Inevitable that I attend

Inevitable that I attend

Postby Dynamite Destiny » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:55 pm

1st time burner in waiting. Long time festival attendee all over Australia.
Often volunteer for a festival or attend as a carer to help my stepmum.
I have assisted with youth mentor and development and probably had more fun than they did. Still a big kid.
Love to dance and dress up. I have a face book group and encourage events and activities for dressing up in my local area. Anything from the Melbourne Zombie shuffle to the Ballarat vintage bicycle ride to Saturday night glamour, any excuse will do. I also rock the mascot costume for my roller derby league.
Dynamite Des was my dad, an explosives tech. Explosions, fireworks and burning stuff is in my blood.
Always wanted to attend Burning man and when I met two awesome ladies at a techno dance festival last year, found the perfect pair to hold my hands.
Love the supportive community on this forum, looking froward to contributing with you.
What ever you do in life, have tissues
Dynamite Destiny

Burning Since: 2014

Re: Inevitable that I attend

Postby FossaFerox » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:05 pm

Awesome! Welcome! It sounds like you'll fit right in. It's fantastic that you've got people helping you hit the ground running, but be sure to read the survival guide and first timer's guide all the same.

Radical self reliance and what not, but particularly in cases like this. I'm sure your friends mean well, but oftentimes veterans overlook things that they take for granted when talking to birgins and basic prep stuff can be left out. ;)
ygmir wrote:Everyone loves you there, and no one cares a shit about you..........all at once. and vice versa.
FossaFerox

Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Vinyl Bunker

Re: Inevitable that I attend

Postby Dynamite Destiny » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:31 pm

FossaFerox wrote:Awesome! I'm sure your friends mean well, but oftentimes veterans overlook things that they take for granted when talking to birgins and basic prep stuff can be left out. ;)

My friends have not been to Burning Man. I first met them when they were trying to erect their tent, in the dark. I gave them much needed help. We'll be good support for each other with everyone having different strengths.
I've done festivals in many extreme conditions but not in a desert. Have been reading a lot on here and will ask my brothers, who head into the Australian desert once a year for camping adventures. Water, food, water, weather protection, water.
What ever you do in life, have tissues
Dynamite Destiny

Burning Since: 2014

Return to Introduce Yourself!