First Timer Just Stopping By To Say Howdy

First Timer Just Stopping By To Say Howdy

Postby Fennel » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:27 pm

Howdy, all. I'm Kent.
For the past 17 years, I've lived, worked and made art in Los Angeles. But just two weeks ago I moved back to my home state of Oklahoma while I spend a few months preparing to move to Italy for a couple years. Just before I'm scheduled to leave, however, there is The Burn.
Since 2000, I have tried and failed three separate times to make it to Burning Man, but 2014 is looking to finally be my year. I'm beside myself with excited anticipation, and I cannot wait.
Between the extensive research I've already done regarding preparation and the veteran troupe I'll be camping with, this very well may be my only post. My goal is to never ask a question that has already been answered, and it appears every question has already been answered...
And finally - a year ago while attending a festival with the same group of veteran burners mentioned above, an 8 year old girl (the daughter of one of my camp-mates) looked at me and declared my name was Fennel. Before I could really process what was going on, everyone started congratulating me for my first Playa name. I decided to run with it, and so hence the user name I chose when registering.
Very excited for my maiden voyage into this otherworldly experience, and equally excited to meet as many of you as I can face to face in Black Rock City!
"The extravagance in which my surplus emotion expressed itself lay on the road. So long as roads were tarred blue and straight; not hedged; and empty and dry, so long I was rich."
- T. E. Lawrence
Fennel

Burning Since: 2014
Camp Name: Cirque Du Formage

Re: First Timer Just Stopping By To Say Howdy

Postby Joeln » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:15 pm

Welcome Fennel!
Nice story.
Illustrates a rule I try to live by: Never refuse a gift from a child.

-Joel
Collapse first and avoid the rush
Joeln

Camp Name: Orphans Too

Postby TT120 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:41 pm

Welcome to ePlaya Fennel!
Life's a bitch, then you go to Burning Man - Unjonharley

W6BJD
TT120

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: "No Adult Supervision" in BDV

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:13 pm

Go ahead. Ask a question that has been answered. Being hazed is all part of the experience here on eplaya.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Monkeystyle » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:02 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:Go ahead. Ask a question that has been answered. Being hazed is all part of the experience here on eplaya.

is it going to be very dusty? :mrgreen:
Monkeystyle

Camp Name: Morning Cock n' Tales

Return to Introduce Yourself!