Virgin Aussie Burner looking for friends to do Burning Man w

Virgin Aussie Burner looking for friends to do Burning Man w

Postby Dan Isolate » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:58 am

Hi I'm Daniel from Perth, Western Australia

I'm planning on doing my first Burning Man this year by myself at this stage. My friends that are into Burning Man don't have the money or time to make it out there for this year. Given one of the events philosophies is about self-reliance, I'd thought I'd throw myself in the deep end and decide to do it all by myself and make friends along the way. I'm staying with my brother in Houston before flying to Reno. I'm hoping I can find some people to go to Burning Man with. I'm more than willing to chip in for an RV or something like that. Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers.
User avatar
Dan Isolate
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:33 am
Burning Since: 2013

Re: Virgin Aussie Burner looking for friends to do Burning M

Postby International Incident » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:50 am

Hello there,

Lots of Aussies about. You will be fine if you read the guides, do your research and get prepped up right in reno.

Feel free to PM me if you have questions.

Great to have you on board!
User avatar
International Incident
 
Posts: 1003
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:05 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: P6 - a Barbie Death Village production

Re: Virgin Aussie Burner looking for friends to do Burning M

Postby Dan Isolate » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:14 am

Cheers mate. Looking forward to it :D
User avatar
Dan Isolate
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:33 am
Burning Since: 2013

Re: Virgin Aussie Burner looking for friends to do Burning M

Postby 9ah » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:34 am

Welcome... I love the new avi!!!

Is there a secret ops mission that Aussies have planned for 2013?

:coffee:
Illuminate. Navigate. Celebrate.
What would you do if you knew you couldn't fail?
User avatar
9ah
 
Posts: 831
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:37 am
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: Lamplighters

Re: Virgin Aussie Burner looking for friends to do Burning M

Postby Savannah » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:03 pm

Hi Daniel!

Some folks post in the 2013 Share Resources forum when they're looking to share an RV. There will also be a rideshare board later on the main Burning Man website . . . and as you will see--if you poke around the Introduce Yourself forum--there are a lot of Australians hoping to Burn this year; maybe someone would like to join up with you.

Or check out this camp that specifically likes to have overseas Burners.
viewtopic.php?f=323&t=63793
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
User avatar
Savannah
Moderator
 
Posts: 10525
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:33 pm
Burning Since: 2000

Re: Virgin Aussie Burner looking for friends to do Burning M

Postby jkisha » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:00 pm

Hey there, welcome to eplaya!
JK
Image
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
User avatar
jkisha
 
Posts: 11403
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:00 pm
Location: Los Angeles
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Re: Virgin Aussie Burner looking for friends to do Burning M

Postby Dan Isolate » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:40 pm

9ah wrote:Welcome... I love the new avi!!!


You can never fault the slow loris :P

Cheers guys. Thanks for the advice. Already making some contacts as we speak :D
User avatar
Dan Isolate
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:33 am
Burning Since: 2013

Re: Virgin Aussie Burner looking for friends to do Burning M

Postby Sizanga » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:54 pm

Hey dude Im in the exact same boat as you, trying to figure out how to get there/get tickets/logistics, i think Im going by myself too, I'd be keen to oraganise someway of getting there as cheap as possible/ friend making, im from Sydney, don't hold that against me, hit me back if ya want
Sizanga
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:23 pm
Burning Since: 2013

Re: Virgin Aussie Burner looking for friends to do Burning M

Postby Dan Isolate » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:27 pm

Sizanga wrote:Hey dude Im in the exact same boat as you, trying to figure out how to get there/get tickets/logistics, i think Im going by myself too, I'd be keen to oraganise someway of getting there as cheap as possible/ friend making, im from Sydney, don't hold that against me, hit me back if ya want


Haha at least your honest. Us bogans must just feel intimidated by your Sydney fashion savvy :P

I've found a couple of people to share an RV with from London. We're staying at the Barbie Death Camp. Apparently there are plenty of Aussies staying there. I just started scanning the forums, (the shared resources thread will be your best bet) and started sending messages to people asking if they wanted to share an RV or ride etc. I know of a guy from Adelaide who's going by himself, I don't know him personally but maybe I could introduce you guys. But yeah, just start looking through the forums and message/reply to people, by the looks of it you've already have started :D

Add us on facebook if you got one https://www.facebook.com/daniel.station

Hope to see you there mate :D
User avatar
Dan Isolate
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:33 am
Burning Since: 2013

Re: Virgin Aussie Burner looking for friends to do Burning M

Postby Asquared » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:46 am

who wants to bring me a coopers red?! :lol:
"Settle down you two and play nice - or no dubstep for either." mdmf007
"Just look for camp 'Bad Mother Fucker' and ask for Jules." Supafly_fresh
User avatar
Asquared
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:40 am
Location: DTLA
Burning Since: 2013

Re: Virgin Aussie Burner looking for friends to do Burning M

Postby ygmir » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:05 am

Dan Isolate wrote:
Sizanga wrote:Hey dude Im in the exact same boat as you, trying to figure out how to get there/get tickets/logistics, i think Im going by myself too, I'd be keen to oraganise someway of getting there as cheap as possible/ friend making, im from Sydney, don't hold that against me, hit me back if ya want


Haha at least your honest. Us bogans must just feel intimidated by your Sydney fashion savvy :P

I've found a couple of people to share an RV with from London. We're staying at the Barbie Death Camp. Apparently there are plenty of Aussies staying there. I just started scanning the forums, (the shared resources thread will be your best bet) and started sending messages to people asking if they wanted to share an RV or ride etc. I know of a guy from Adelaide who's going by himself, I don't know him personally but maybe I could introduce you guys. But yeah, just start looking through the forums and message/reply to people, by the looks of it you've already have started :D

Add us on facebook if you got one https://www.facebook.com/daniel.station

Hope to see you there mate :D


so very cool!

you folks, Burngins, instead of leeching and asking for easy answers, are helping eachother, with advise and logistics.

Foogin beautiful!! Good on ya, for being self reliant ( in that your doing what you can and helping the others)

I'm sure you'll do fine....fairdinkum!! I do!!
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
User avatar
ygmir
 
Posts: 25991
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:36 pm
Location: nevada county
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Re: Virgin Aussie Burner looking for friends to do Burning M

Postby Dan Isolate » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:38 pm

Asquared wrote:who wants to bring me a coopers red?! :lol:


Sparkling Ale. That's one of my favourite beers. The pale ale is pretty rad as well. I'm in love with James Squire Chancer at the moment. Might have to bring a 6 pack along for the ride.
User avatar
Dan Isolate
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:33 am
Burning Since: 2013

Re: Virgin Aussie Burner looking for friends to do Burning M

Postby Dan Isolate » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:39 pm

ygmir wrote:
so very cool!

you folks, Burngins, instead of leeching and asking for easy answers, are helping eachother, with advise and logistics.

Foogin beautiful!! Good on ya, for being self reliant ( in that your doing what you can and helping the others)

I'm sure you'll do fine....fairdinkum!! I do!!


Cheers mate. You get what you give, that much is true :D
User avatar
Dan Isolate
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:33 am
Burning Since: 2013

Re: Virgin Aussie Burner looking for friends to do Burning M

Postby Hotel balmoral » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:49 pm

Please bring Tim Tams and i will gift you a jello shot or two
Um maybe three

Love from a fellow Aussie who is stuck in Holland and needs tim tam fix. Badly

See ya out on the Playa. (Well most probably not cause its a bit dusty and big and did i mention Dusty )
Jelly shot anyone?
User avatar
Hotel balmoral
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:42 pm
Location: Holland
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Barbie death camp

Re: Virgin Aussie Burner looking for friends to do Burning M

Postby Dan Isolate » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:55 pm

Hotel balmoral wrote:Please bring Tim Tams and i will gift you a jello shot or two
Um maybe three

Love from a fellow Aussie who is stuck in Holland and needs tim tam fix. Badly

See ya out on the Playa. (Well most probably not cause its a bit dusty and big and did i mention Dusty )


Haha. Ok I'll make sure to bring plenty of Tim Tams. Are you staying at Barbie Death Camp? That's where I'm staying also :)
User avatar
Dan Isolate
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:33 am
Burning Since: 2013

Re: Virgin Aussie Burner looking for friends to do Burning M

Postby Asquared » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:47 pm

now a ton of people are going to be coming by BDC saying "i heard there are tim tams here"
YUM
"Settle down you two and play nice - or no dubstep for either." mdmf007
"Just look for camp 'Bad Mother Fucker' and ask for Jules." Supafly_fresh
User avatar
Asquared
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:40 am
Location: DTLA
Burning Since: 2013

Re: Virgin Aussie Burner looking for friends to do Burning M

Postby Dr. Pyro » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:48 am

Asquared wrote:now a ton of people are going to be coming by BDC saying "i heard there are tim tams here"
YUM

And the response from me would be, depending upon who is asking the question, "Of course there are. Right in the back of my RV."
User avatar
Dr. Pyro
 
Posts: 3670
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:11 am
Location: Newcastle, CA
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Re: Virgin Aussie Burner looking for friends to do Burning M

Postby Asquared » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:50 am

LOL doc!!
"Settle down you two and play nice - or no dubstep for either." mdmf007
"Just look for camp 'Bad Mother Fucker' and ask for Jules." Supafly_fresh
User avatar
Asquared
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:40 am
Location: DTLA
Burning Since: 2013

Re: Virgin Aussie Burner looking for friends to do Burning M

Postby tootled » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:38 pm

Hey guys,

I'm heading over from Melbourne on my own as well, though meeting up with some friends at Barbie Death Camp too (including the most excellent internationalincident) - I'm flying into Reno and hoping to liftshare from there...

From the looks of it, I'll pay my way with TimTams - double choc only of course.
User avatar
tootled
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:15 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: P6 - a Barbie Death Village production

Re: Virgin Aussie Burner looking for friends to do Burning M

Postby Asquared » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:32 am

COOPERS! forget tim tams! ha!

there are so many treasures only to be found in oz!
"Settle down you two and play nice - or no dubstep for either." mdmf007
"Just look for camp 'Bad Mother Fucker' and ask for Jules." Supafly_fresh
User avatar
Asquared
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:40 am
Location: DTLA
Burning Since: 2013

Re: Virgin Aussie Burner looking for friends to do Burning M

Postby tootled » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:06 pm

Haha, I'll do my best to get some Coopers into my case for sure.
User avatar
tootled
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:15 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: P6 - a Barbie Death Village production

Re: Virgin Aussie Burner looking for friends to do Burning M

Postby wick » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:37 am

Hey man

I'm also departing PER to BRC as a virgin burner this year. i'm picking up some fellow aussies from BNE on the way through to LAX. Our RV is full but I'll keep my ears open for anyone else willing to pitch in and shack up :)

-Wick
User avatar
wick
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:35 am
Burning Since: 2013


Return to Introduce Yourself!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests