Virgin from Detroit!

Virgin from Detroit!

Postby Mex1can12 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:38 pm

Whaddup!

I've been dying to get a chance to go to Burning Man for some time now, the only thing that's been holding me back is the couple thousand miles that I need to cover from the Detroit, MI area to Black Rock.
Anyone else from the Midwest? Or anyone with any travel tips? Anything would be greatly appreciated :D
Mex1can12

Burning Since: 2013

Re: Virgin from Detroit!

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:44 pm

There is a list of regional contacts on the main site. Lakes of Fire is the local regional burn. I hear good things. Sailman and Sputnik are both from Michigan, but they aren't here as often as they used to be.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby jkisha » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:47 pm

Hey there, welcome to eplaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby C187 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:13 am

I used to do stuff and things at City Club, and in the Leland in general.
(But no one is allowed to know where in the basin I live.)

Personally I can't recommend the local group, or LoF. But if you want to give both a try have at it. Like fishy said get in contact with the regionals list. On top of that there is a Google Group email list for the area, and a Facebook group as well. The yahoo email group isn't in use anymore so skip it if it comes up in a search.

If you have a question feel free to shoot me a PM. Or just post it.

A heads up, the drive isn't that bad. It's just long. One of the tricks I've found is to split it up in a way that I can deal with it and cover a lot of ground. So I end up doing two days worth of driving instead of three or four. But I am stopping for a few days at the first stop location, so that's how it's manageable for me.

Also you have no real need nine times out of ten to go to Reno. Fernley has stores that can provide the food, and last minute stuff you might need.
I have a little bit of Savannah with me. Shhh...
C187

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Stag Camp 8.0

Postby itsfish20 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:08 am

Hey! I'll be coming in from Kalamazoo next summer as a virgin as well! PM me if you want to talk about traveling together possibly or forming a camp! Rock the mitten!
A tiny clown, he got wet.
I was talking to a psychic.
And I can't sleep in the ozone.
There's too many different peanuts looking sad
itsfish20

Burning Since: 2014

Postby CleCub » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:48 am

Im also a virgin burner hailing from cleveland. I can't wait to go in 2014. Like you, I anticipate travel being a problem for me. I can totally drive but it would be nice to share the expense and drive time. If you're interested in getting a group together from our area, please let me know. I will also subscribe and check in frequently.
"...there's no 'I' in team. There's a 'me', though, if you jumble it up." -- House
CleCub

Burning Since: 2014
Camp Name: Birgin Camp 2014

Return to Introduce Yourself!