Virgin Music Artist

Virgin Music Artist

Postby tyler.broveak » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:09 pm

Hi, my name is Tyler and i've trying to get my music out there and have been writing songs but haven't put them online yet but can anyone help me out with being a preformer at burning man?
Tyler Broveak
tyler.broveak

Burning Since: 2013

Re: Virgin Music Artist

Postby dangerous » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:26 pm

hi Tyler,

welcome to eplaya!
tyler.broveak wrote:can anyone help me out with being a preformer at burning man?

what form of help are you seeking?

The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.

Chardin
dangerous

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Camp Retrofrolic

Postby theCryptofishist » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:36 pm

Burningman is not a particularly good place to promote yourself. For most of the participants, the idea of having something they deem sacred prostituted for someone's gain, is abhorrent.

In a few months, Trilo will put up a thread in the 2013 Art and Performance sub-forum called something like "Stages Looking for Artists". Respond to those posts if there's a good fit. There will also be a "Artists Looking for Stages" thread. There will be more posts and it will be more of a crapshoot.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby illy dilly » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:06 am

Welcome to eplaya!
What sort of music do you play?
Tell us more about you and we'll be able to help you out a bit more!
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
illy dilly

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Postby Ugly Dougly » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:27 pm

Just come to the next burn.

The desert will decide whether you are worthy.
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby Savannah » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:17 pm

Hi Tyler! :D Lots of places to play on the playa, ranging from totally unsupported and unplugged guerilla performances to small concerts to big events. (Big events start getting planned right now, and you'd need to impress a big camp if you need their equipment or support. If you've never been to the event though, it may be difficult to figure out--before your first Burn--what camp would enjoy your music).

As Fishy recommends, keep your eye on this forum and wait for notices about open Stages and post under "Artists" as well:

2013 Art & Performance
viewforum.php?f=321

The desert is very hard on instruments and electronic equipment. (The dust is fine, like baby powder, and gets into everything.) Here's one thread about that:

Instruments on the Playa
viewtopic.php?t=33350

Welcome!
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby jkisha » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:57 pm

Hey there, welcome to eplaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby trilobyte » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:36 pm

Hi, and welcome to ePlaya. If you're looking at Burning Man simply as a place to promote your work, personally I say fuck off.

If you actually genuinely want to connect with the event, start by taking a look at the wealth of information made available on the main site. Familiarize yourself with the ten principles (which should explain my earlier comment about wanting to exploit the event for your personal commercial gain), and read the survival guide. That will help you figure out some of the things you'll need to do to prepare for the journey once you've gotten tickets to the event. For details on ticket sales for next year (all performers are responsible to get their own tickets, as well as making their own arrangements for camping and survival), subscribe to and stay tuned to the Jack Rabbit Speaks newsletter. Good luck sorting things out.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Return to Introduce Yourself!