I want to be adopted as a burning girl virgin,

I want to be adopted as a burning girl virgin,

Postby crazygirl » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:03 am

Hi have never been to Burning Man, have a friend who has been there a number of times. Now my turn to go. I am a 40y/o, 55. Active. Love to try new things, very much a team player and hard worker.

k9fun@msn.com

CrazyGirl
crazygirl

Burning Since: 2013

Re: I want to be adopted as a burning girl virgin,

Postby graidawg » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:07 am

crazygirl wrote:k9fun
CrazyGirl

Am I the only person alarmed by this?
completely unconcerned.
"Savannah" I like it . . . it makes us sound forward-thinking, and not at all like trailblazing, professional-level procrastinors.
the rest of us are in the School of Fukkit. "Eric"
graidawg

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dread Pirate barbie

Postby illy dilly » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:11 am

Welcome to eplaya!

What part of the world are you in?
Anyway, check out this regionals page for info about stuff that might be going on in your area
http://regionals.burningman.com/
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
illy dilly

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:16 am

Please consider, hard, going on your own.
(Side rant--the event's ashes are barely cold and we already have people begging to join theme camps! WTF?)
Theme camps are not there to be resourses for newbies, they are there to provide value to value to the entire city by way of "interactivity". (Okay, that's an over-simplification...) A bad fit between camper and camp will make your burningman experience dreadful.
This board is chockfull of advice, and by starting now with the study, now with the preparation, you can have the fun of being your own, self-reliant, absolutely flexible, camp. What about mutual aid with other people? Not a problem, the people camped around you will become your family at this home away from home.
If you do all the prep work, and you still feel like you want to be in a themecamp, here's how. Because it's so much better to go out and find what will work for you than it is to be a wallflower waiting for a camp to happen to you. And that whole camper/camp fit thing I was just talking about.
Incidentally, as someone who has been involved in two theme camps, and has an idea of how much work they are to pull off, the being willing to work is a damn good thing. But I pretty much expect anyone who's looking for a camp to say that they will work hard. There's a whole proof in the pudding thing, and--while I don't think anyone's being insincere, I simply don't believe it until I've seen it happen...
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:17 am

graidawg wrote:
crazygirl wrote:k9fun
CrazyGirl

Am I the only person alarmed by this?

Maybe she and Lonesombri can collaborate.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby CarrieSnarf » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:27 pm

Welcome to eplaya. We do need some more information about you so you can find the right fit, if it exists.

Where do you live? It's not 100% necessary to live next to your campmates, but it surely helps come prep time.
What do you do? What are your interests? I'm going to hope that you are maybe a dog walker or something from your email.... hopefully (shudder).
Why do you want to come to burning man? Why do you seek adoption? Give us something to go on.

And good advice has been given re: regionals and trying this on your own. Try it on your own at a regional first. Meet some friends, see what happens organically.
thesammiewagon.blogspot.com
CarrieSnarf

Postby jerroc » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:19 pm

For the most part theme camps do not function as playa motels. They serve to bring interactive art or activities to the playa. The members pay dues for the shelter, shade, art, activities, and transportation. Although they may have additional camp spots open this is not a pay and stay offer. It is a pay and participate offer. I have thought about joining Barbie death camp and the French quarter camp, I also like the kinetic guys too. But still I will camp all alone untill I make up my mind. Then it's a process of being chosen by the camp. But when I do make up my mind it will be based on what I think I can contribute rather than who has the best amenities.

welcome.
jerroc

Return to Introduce Yourself!