Xylo says hello

Xylo says hello

Postby Xylo » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:14 pm

Greetings everyone!

I'm known by Xylo in a few circles, but mostly introduced myself as Carlo on playa

First off I'd just like to thank everyone who participated in this years burn. I've been familiar with that thing in the desert for the last few years, but this year I was finally able to get my shit together and go. All I can really say is thank you! It was far more than I ever could have imagined; I'm already eagerly awaiting next year. I'd been to a few regional events prior to this year but nothing could prepare me for the magnitude of glorious energy that exists in Black Rock City. I was humbled by all the beautiful people, stories, gifts and love I was shown while on playa. One of the most amazing moments of my life was being gifted a few slices of frozen orange on wednesday afternoon. I was hot, tired and a little cranky. While riding back to camp two older women pleaded with me to stop and have an orange slice. The moment the cold fruit hit my tongue is a moment I shall always treasure. I closed my eyes and enjoyed one of the most beautiful sensations I've ever experienced. The perfect gift, at the perfect moment!

I'd also like to extend a heartfelt thank you to the members of Pink Heart Camp. Everyone I met there greeted me with open hearts, warm hugs, and beautiful conversation. You all are an amazing group of people. My mother (Stephanie) has been camping with Pink Heart for the last three Burns. She's always spoken so highly of the camp and finally I was able to fully understand why. You guys rock!

Until we meet again, happy burning!
Xylo

Burning Since: 2012

Re: Xylo says hello

Postby Savannah » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:21 pm

Lovely!

Welcome. :D
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby jkisha » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:35 pm

Hey there, welcome to eplaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby SaritaSyrah » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:54 pm

Hi! Welcome to eplaya!

:D
BURN SHIT!
SaritaSyrah

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp and Wine Bistro

Return to Introduce Yourself!