I'm new, I'm gay, I'm a designer, I'm a CMT! What Camp?

I'm new, I'm gay, I'm a designer, I'm a CMT! What Camp?

Postby tomoraitis » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:46 pm

I'm coming in a 10 foot Shasta Compact, a small rv I'm pulling from Santa Barbara. Which camp should I go to? I'm traveling alone. Will not be bringing a generator. When should I leave Santa Barbara? Thanks, friends.
May your good be better and your better best.
tomoraitis

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Looking to join a camp, first timer here

Re: I'm new, I'm gay, I'm a designer, I'm a CMT! What Camp?

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:59 pm

What camp? Well, at this point I'd go down to the theme camp sub-forum and see which camps, if any, are still looking for people. You don't have to be in a camp. You can just find an empty space, park, and meet the neighbors. Instant camp without dues or expectations of having to do things.
As to when you should leave Santa Barbara, well, when do you want to get there? How hard do you like to drive? Wanna stop in Reno for shopping, a shower, a meal and a good night's sleep or go straight directly through? Or just go when you're packed...
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby tomoraitis » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:02 pm

Thanks for the tip on which camp. I noticed that some camps, Comfort and Joy, charge about 375. to join.
May your good be better and your better best.
tomoraitis

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Looking to join a camp, first timer here

Postby shroom » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:31 am

Just camp alone and enjoy everything! You don't have to be in a camp to have fun.
"Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire." Fred Shero
shroom

Burning Since: 2010

Postby pizzamancer » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:11 am

There are probably not a lot of camps that will have you at this stage of the game.
pizzamancer

Burning Since: 2008

Postby dragonpilot » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:38 pm

Just go by Comfort and Joy and hang out...

Also Camp Yes, Please...awesome camp! Altho at this late date they are not bringing in any new members, you can still hang out under their shade, have a cold drink, enjoy their company...
Don't bore your friends with all your troubles. Tell your enemies instead, for they will delight in hearing about them.
dragonpilot

Burning Since: 2005

Postby cclouatre » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:15 pm

You should check out our camp, Camp Let's Play Dress Up. We plan to be somewhere between 8 and 9 and "C" to "E." We are a group of about 30 made up of straight, gay, cross-dressing, fun-dressing, and otherwise awesome people. I'm not sure there is much room to camp but there could be. If you look for us, look for the pink tent and ask for Princess Stephanie. If nothing else, stop by to say hi. My name is Courtney and I go by Tenderloin on the playa.

The other suggestions for Comfort and Joy and such are good -- but be aware those camps are a 24/7 party/orgy (which is awesome, but you should know what you are in for).

Whatever you do, have a great, safe time!
cclouatre

Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Camp Let's Play Dress Up

Return to Introduce Yourself!