Namaste'! Virgin in NC

Namaste'! Virgin in NC

Postby tara » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:05 am

Hello beautiful creatures!

This year will be my first experience on the playa. I'm absolutely excited! :mrgreen: I'm blissed out at the thought of coming together as a community with all of you and emanating love, love, love!
I'm looking forward to hugging as many of you as I can & body painting you (and there is so much more to add...an ongoing list that is fun to think of)! The mystery of the unknown is so fascinating!
It will be fabulous to experience some very deep bonding moments.
Thank you all for BEing YOU! See you soon! xo

Love, Light & Laughter,
Tara
"We all shine on....like the moon, and the stars, and the sun." xo
tara

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Big Puffy Yellow

Re: Namaste'! Virgin in NC

Postby illy dilly » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:13 pm

Oops, you do have an introduction.

Well, Welcome to Eplaya (again)
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
illy dilly

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Postby piehole » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:17 pm

Welcome Tara!
Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.
piehole

Postby illy dilly » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:57 pm

You guys are making the same face in your little icon pic things!!!
ImageImage
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
illy dilly

Postby piehole » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:07 pm

AHahah we totally are!

and look, she's from a carolina too!

SHE COPIED ME
Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.
piehole

Postby Savannah » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:16 pm

Hi Tara! :D
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby jkisha » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:34 pm

Hey there, welcome to eplaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby tara » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:11 pm

illy dilly wrote:Oops, you do have an introduction.

Well, Welcome to Eplaya (again)

I sure do! ;) Thank you so much illy!!
tara

Postby tara » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:17 pm

piehole wrote:AHahah we totally are!

and look, she's from a carolina too!

SHE COPIED ME

Greetings piehole! Nice to meet someone who lives close to me. Are you from SC? I'm from NYC originally. NC is growing on me a bit. I love Asheville!

AHAHAHAHAHA....that's hysterical about our pics. :lol: And I did not copy you. :roll: ( <---that's a silly roll, not a snooty one, btw.) My eyes are open! :D
tara

Postby tara » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:18 pm

Savannah wrote:Hi Tara! :D

Hola Savannah!!! :D
tara

Postby tara » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:18 pm

jkisha wrote:Hey there, welcome to eplaya!

Hi jkisha! Thank you so much!
tara

Postby Drawingablank » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:31 pm

Welcome.
Savannah: I don't know what it is, but no thread here escapes alive. You'll get 1 or 2 real answers at minimum, occasionally 10 or 12, and then we flog it until it's unrecognizable and you can't get your deposit back.

Yet Another Crappy Birgin Guide
Drawingablank

Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Postby piehole » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:34 pm

tara wrote:
Greetings piehole! Nice to meet someone who lives close to me. Are you from SC? I'm from NYC originally. NC is growing on me a bit. I love Asheville!

AHAHAHAHAHA....that's hysterical about our pics. :lol: And I did not copy you. :roll: ( <---that's a silly roll, not a snooty one, btw.) My eyes are open! :D

I am not from SC, I am from San Diego, California (yea I know, long story)
I have heard AMAZING things about Asheville! Doesn't a regional burn take place there or near there or something like that?
I'd like to visit NC, haven't really been anywhere up there except for Wilmington a couple times.
;) and I think the face we're making looks better on you anyways ;)
pleasure to make your acquaintance
piehole

Postby illy dilly » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:03 pm

piehole wrote:
tara wrote:

Well, luckily for all of us, letters and thread drift are free! So get to telling?!?

piehole wrote:;) and I think the face we're making looks better on you anyways ;)

I think I agree!
illy dilly

Postby tara » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:59 pm

Drawingablank wrote:Welcome.

Thank you! :)

piehole wrote:
tara wrote:

I have heard AMAZING things about Asheville! Doesn't a regional burn take place there or near there or something like that?
I'd like to visit NC, haven't really been anywhere up there except for Wilmington a couple times.

Like illy, I'm down to hear it. Spill the beans! ;) I lived in West Palm Beach, FL as well. Who knows where I will go next...
Asheville rocks. You should totally make a trip up. Sooooo worth it. Amazing ppl, food, land, community...yadda yadda. I'm sure you heard it all. I actually live 2 hrs from Asheville. I go up when ever I can. It's my "happy place". :D If I stay in NC, that is where I would like to live.

;) and I think the face we're making looks better on you anyways ;)

Awwwe, gee. Thanks. We are both beautiful and wear it well. Happiness is contagious. Spread it! :mrgreen:

illy dilly wrote:
piehole wrote:;) and I think the face we're making looks better on you anyways ;)

I think I agree!

Thank you!!! :D I think we are both rockin it! No competition. :fingerpeacesign:
tara

Postby piehole » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:22 pm

:oops: weelllllll fine if you *really* wanna know, I moved here for a job/life reset. I lived in beautiful, delicious, sunshine-y California my entire life and it truly spoiled me! I was heading towards a stagnant path of mediocrity and it just was not working for me. An opportunity presented itself to try something different, weird and unknown. I was all about it! So I took it, and thus far, it has been fruitful, extremely fruitful and I have been nothing but appreciative. Just working on improving myself (always) and taking in all the awesomeness life has to offer on this side of the country. so yeah! that's about it.

West Palm Beach eh? I still haven't been to FL. I'd like to go, air travel is rather cheap between east coast cities!
piehole

Postby SquirrelHead » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:07 am

Welcome Tara! It is nice to have another virgin from NC on here. To answer Pieholes question there is a regional burn event in Horse Shoe, NC (about 30 min south of Asheville) called Transformus http://www.transformus.com/index.php. Transformus is July 20-23. I am hoping to make it to that.
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
dirty little reclaimed BURGIN. Ruining Burning Man since 2012.
SquirrelHead

Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Postby tara » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:36 pm

piehole wrote::oops: weelllllll fine if you *really* wanna know, I moved here for a job/life reset. I lived in beautiful, delicious, sunshine-y California my entire life and it truly spoiled me! I was heading towards a stagnant path of mediocrity and it just was not working for me. An opportunity presented itself to try something different, weird and unknown. I was all about it! So I took it, and thus far, it has been fruitful, extremely fruitful and I have been nothing but appreciative. Just working on improving myself (always) and taking in all the awesomeness life has to offer on this side of the country. so yeah! that's about it.

West Palm Beach eh? I still haven't been to FL. I'd like to go, air travel is rather cheap between east coast cities!

That's awesome! Congrats and blessings on your journey. You have sparked my curiosity...(wondering what this, "An opportunity presented itself to try something different, weird and unknown.", is all about.)

Yes, WPB. I really loved being by the water...always love living close to water. What about Savannah, GA? Ever been? Love it and the people rock.

SquirrelHead wrote:Welcome Tara! It is nice to have another virgin from NC on here. To answer Pieholes question there is a regional burn event in Horse Shoe, NC (about 30 min south of Asheville) called Transformus http://www.transformus.com/index.php. Transformus is July 20-23. I am hoping to make it to that.

Thank you SqirrelHead! Yay..NC virgins!! Ahhh man....so sorry I skipped over the question. I actually may go to Transformus as well. We shall see which way the wind blows. :)
tara

Postby piehole » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:23 pm

tara wrote:
That's awesome! Congrats and blessings on your journey. You have sparked my curiosity...(wondering what this, "An opportunity presented itself to try something different, weird and unknown.", is all about.)

Yes, WPB. I really loved being by the water...always love living close to water. What about Savannah, GA? Ever been? Love it and the people rock.

!!
Funny you would mention Savannah, I just got back from there today, and woooooooooow, wow I am in love with that place. Would live, 10/10, one of my favorite cities. THE FOOD, the old timey architecture, the white brick houses with sweet columns and red doors, the history, it was just beautiful in all aspects of the word. Not nearly enough time was spent there and I will definitely be back.

The opportunity was, well, exactly that. I've never been to the east coast, let alone the "south." A friend told me that she had a position for me and a room for me to move into, and the rest is history! I moved here in July of last year, had a case of the "wtf is this, this isn't california, wtf's", got over that and have been thriving ever since. It's been wonderful, new and different. Just what I needed. :)
piehole

Postby 5280MeV » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:44 pm

Hi Tara, welcome to eplaya!

I just got back from a few nights in Asheville, and yes the food is amazing. Savannah too. But the wait to get a table was kinda long, so I would appreciate if we could stop talking about these little secrets before it becomes impossible to get seated. Oh, and for the love of God, please lets not bring Charleston into this conversation.
5280MeV

Postby C187 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:50 pm

Hi Tara, and welcome to eplaya.

Since you're new you might want to check out the survival guide, first timer guide, and the regionals page. My unprovoked tips for you include..
1) Radical inclusion means all types of people, including people who don't want to be hugged. So ask first.
2) Buy paint that allows skin to breathe if you end up body painting.
3) Flirting is always encouraged on eplaya.

Have fun, or something.
I have a little bit of Savannah with me. Shhh...
C187

Camp Name: Stag Camp 8.0

Postby tara » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:23 pm

piehole wrote:
tara wrote:

!!
Funny you would mention Savannah, I just got back from there today, and woooooooooow, wow I am in love with that place. Would live, 10/10, one of my favorite cities. THE FOOD, the old timey architecture, the white brick houses with sweet columns and red doors, the history, it was just beautiful in all aspects of the word. Not nearly enough time was spent there and I will definitely be back.

The opportunity was, well, exactly that. I've never been to the east coast, let alone the "south." A friend told me that she had a position for me and a room for me to move into, and the rest is history! I moved here in July of last year, had a case of the "wtf is this, this isn't california, wtf's", got over that and have been thriving ever since. It's been wonderful, new and different. Just what I needed. :)

OMG!! No way?!?! Crazy. Did I tell you I'm telepathic? hehe. ;) Well at least trying to practice that muscle. That rocks! Love, love, love it there! Def a place to visit again. I like visiting. I think if I lived there I may get bored after a year or two...who knows.

Happy to hear about how prosperous your move has been. What part of SC do you live in? I like going down to Columbia and may be making a trip down to Charleston in 2 weeks. I had been before, but just at night. This time (if I go...may hit up NYC, Chicago or Asheville) I would actually spend time on the beachfront and in town.

5280MeV wrote:Hi Tara, welcome to eplaya!

I just got back from a few nights in Asheville, and yes the food is amazing. Savannah too. But the wait to get a table was kinda long, so I would appreciate if we could stop talking about these little secrets before it becomes impossible to get seated. Oh, and for the love of God, please lets not bring Charleston into this conversation.

Hiya!!! Ahh such great trips. Where did you go to eat? The weekends can be a bit of a wait. It's a pretty touristy town. Hahaha, yes, hush, hush. HAHAHAHA....after I just brought up Charleston to piehole in the previous post. Look who's telepathic now! We all have a whole lotta synchronicity going on here!! I believe I went to Tenessee with my mom when I was real young. I don't remember much aside for the grass is blue or something. I have been hearing quite a bit about Nasheville. Do you like it there? I know, I know. Shhh, you probably can't tell me. ;P

C187 wrote:Hi Tara, and welcome to eplaya.

Since you're new you might want to check out the survival guide, first timer guide, and the regionals page. My unprovoked tips for you include..
1) Radical inclusion means all types of people, including people who don't want to be hugged. So ask first.
2) Buy paint that allows skin to breathe if you end up body painting.
3) Flirting is always encouraged on eplaya.

Have fun, or something.

Hi there! Thank you for the welcome! Ahh, yes, I have been scoping all that goodness out. Don't think I peeped the regionals page though. Ahh, thanks for the tip about hugs. I will most likely ask people though. :) Gotcha on the bodypaint. I'm a lil concerned about the dust...so may end up bringing some chromapencils that act the same way. May be easier to walk around with too. Just need to keep a sharpener with me and a lil ziplock bag to throw the shavings/moop in. I like flirting...I may be a lil dusty (no pun intended...lol) but I sure am friendly (mistaken for flirting lots of times).
tara

Postby C187 » Tue May 01, 2012 7:09 am

tara wrote:...Gotcha on the bodypaint. I'm a lil concerned about the dust...so may end up bringing some chromapencils that act the same way. May be easier to walk around with too. Just need to keep a sharpener with me and a lil ziplock bag to throw the shavings/moop in...

I've yet to see anyone walk around with work done in full on chroma pencils, personally. Although I do worry about the amount of beeswax (since it's a common base in chroma pencils) covering a body preventing the skin from breathing. For the playa dust, think of it as a fine talcum powder. It'll stick to some things better then others, while infesting everything else (like cloth). For instance, if you have a fluffy creamy material it'll find it's way into every gap it can. While something that's thin and constrained it will have a harder time.

So if you look at someone that has been painted with an airbrush, and paint designed to be used on a person, the playa dust isn't really infiltrating the painted area (taking up space between the pigment), as much as it's simply laying on-top of the area. But if you take liquid latex the playa dust mostly bounces off it, with exception to the few areas where it takes up a tiny opening between the film (so small you don't notice a defiance). All in all, playa dust is wired.

Some types of paints will require a bag for peeling (like latex at joints/skin folds), others might flake off too small to do anything about. Regardless what you end up using, please do the research on it's effects on the body if it's going to be covering the majority of a person. Because while medical might be amused with papa smurf rolling into the med tent with dehydration or alcohol poisoning, I'm going to bet papa smurf will not.

You can find more info about body painting on the playa over at the Clothing & Playawear section typically. Or by searching Google with this string...
site:eplaya.burningman.com "body paint" OR bodypaint
I have a little bit of Savannah with me. Shhh...
C187

Camp Name: Stag Camp 8.0

Postby 5280MeV » Tue May 01, 2012 8:21 am

tara wrote:Hiya!!! Ahh such great trips. Where did you go to eat? The weekends can be a bit of a wait. It's a pretty touristy town. Hahaha, yes, hush, hush. HAHAHAHA....after I just brought up Charleston to piehole in the previous post. Look who's telepathic now! We all have a whole lotta synchronicity going on here!! I believe I went to Tenessee with my mom when I was real young. I don't remember much aside for the grass is blue or something. I have been hearing quite a bit about Nasheville. Do you like it there? I know, I know. Shhh, you probably can't tell me. ;P

We went to Mela, Curate, and Laughing Seed, hung out downtown and went to the Southern Highlands Craft Guild on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Great time.

Blue grass is a Kentucky thing, but if you want to hear bluegrass in Nashville head down to the Station Inn.

Nashville is a good place to live, and please tell everyone about Nashville. We are designed to soak up all the tourism. Send 'em over. We can always pack more people into the honky tonks. We fill them up with biscuits and gravy until they explode, and send them off with cowboy boots and a Johnny Cash CD in hand.
5280MeV

Postby tara » Wed May 02, 2012 8:36 pm

Thank you C187, I'll check out those links and see what folks are saying. :wink:

5280MeV wrote:
tara wrote:Hiya!!! Ahh such great trips. Where did you go to eat? The weekends can be a bit of a wait. It's a pretty touristy town. Hahaha, yes, hush, hush. HAHAHAHA....after I just brought up Charleston to piehole in the previous post. Look who's telepathic now! We all have a whole lotta synchronicity going on here!! I believe I went to Tenessee with my mom when I was real young. I don't remember much aside for the grass is blue or something. I have been hearing quite a bit about Nasheville. Do you like it there? I know, I know. Shhh, you probably can't tell me. ;P

We went to Mela, Curate, and Laughing Seed, hung out downtown and went to the Southern Highlands Craft Guild on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Great time.

Blue grass is a Kentucky thing, but if you want to hear bluegrass in Nashville head down to the Station Inn.

Nashville is a good place to live, and please tell everyone about Nashville. We are designed to soak up all the tourism. Send 'em over. We can always pack more people into the honky tonks. We fill them up with biscuits and gravy until they explode, and send them off with cowboy boots and a Johnny Cash CD in hand.

Ahhh, I love Mela & Laughing seed. I go to those places a lot. I have never been to Curate. I'll have to check it out.
Oh, maybe I was in Kentucky then. lol
You got it, I'll spread the word! Ya know, I've never owned a pair of cowboy boots. If I can find a man made (vegan) pair someday, maybe I'll get some.
tara

Postby illy dilly » Thu May 03, 2012 12:57 pm

My first thought was "O, if you don't like real leather just get some ostrich or eel skin boots.".... Dope!!! :x

But here is an idea.
http://www.alternativeoutfitters.com/olga-brown-pleather-vegan-western-boot.aspx

Turns out, the whole web site is Vegan.
illy dilly

Postby tara » Thu May 03, 2012 2:56 pm

Sweet! Thanks for the site link, illy. ;)
tara

Return to Introduce Yourself!