Hello from a UK newbie!

Hello from a UK newbie!

Postby RuthyC » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:10 pm

Hi all
Just thought I would slowly introduce myself while rapidly immersing myself in all that I read, see and hear about this amazing event.
First heard about it from a friend who went, and it left a small seed that has been growing since.
I hope to be able to go this year, if I find a ticket, and meet many seasoned and new burners!

RuthyC :)
RuthyC

Re: Hello from a UK newbie!

Postby jkisha » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:55 pm

Hey there, welcome to eplaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby paulo999 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:01 pm

Hi Ruthy, best of luck with the ticket hunt. There's a few uk people here. Are you near London? There's a Burning Pub meet up this Thursday, near London Bridge.
paulo999

Postby Savannah » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:08 pm

Hi Ruthy! Welcome. :D

You have my sympathies--a lot of people are still on the ticket search. Paulo's suggestion of meeting locals is spot-on. Locals are full of strategies and suggestions, can share on rentals, and have great stories . . . & if anyone needs to sell their ticket later, they're going to prefer to sell to a friend. That friend could be you.

When you're hunting for a ticket it's a good idea to make your packing list, renew your passport, and clear your schedule--just in case. But yeah . . . get your event ticket before making any sizable expenditures. A number of folks got caught with plane tickets but no Burn tickets last year.
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Return to Introduce Yourself!