Aloha from Hawaii!

Aloha from Hawaii!

Postby teepeego » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:39 pm

Aloha all!

Hi. My name is Taylor and like many others, I will be attending my first Burning Man in 2012. I could make small talk about the ticketing this year, yada yada, but I have some love I want to give to Burning Man, so lets get on to that. Yet to say the least, I am honored and truly filled with gratitude to participate in such a great expression of awe this year.

I have spent most my time growing up in Austin, Texas, but I am living in Hawaii at the moment. I will be spending a month in Los Angeles before heading to BRC, so I would love to get in contact with some fellow bicycle mechanics, welders, burners, and generally happy people before heading out, or maybe even contributing to a camp. I love welding, beekeeping (don't think there are bees on the playa, but just putting that out there), bicycles, tall/freak bike building and I would love to blend in with some people in LA that do the same before BM. If you (reading this) knows of a camp/person/idea/whatever in Los Angeles that would love a happy contributor using any or none of my skills - spend me an email! Ill just put that out there, and let the universe take it where it needs to go.

Until then, Mahalo for reading and aloha from the big island! :mrgreen:

Taylor aka teepee
teepeego

Re: Aloha from Hawaii!

Postby dangerous » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:15 pm

hiya teepee,

welcome! it seems there is nothing small about talking tickets, but still it seems to be a subject best avoided :) especially if you have one!

you may want to stalk Elliot's posts. he is wheelie awesome ;)

The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.

Chardin
dangerous

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Camp Retrofrolic

Postby moonrise » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:26 pm

Aloha from Reno & Tahoe!

bees & pollen = fertility, hmmm...might wanna bring a beekeepers mask and what else........................??

If I were you I would sign up for the Los Angeles Burning man FBook and BM sancitioned Regional lists...one or both might be another good place to give a shout out.

Ask the LA regional coordinator if they have a seperate discussion list or if it's okay to shout out either way (some regional lists have BOTH event announce and discussion lists).
I'm the MAN in a truck, burner who is stuck, you're in luck! I'll whip out my BIG tow chain and not charge you, not even one lousy buck!
moonrise

Postby Elderberry » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:58 pm

Hey there, welcome to eplaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
Elderberry

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby Drawingablank » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:35 am

Welcome.
Savannah: I don't know what it is, but no thread here escapes alive. You'll get 1 or 2 real answers at minimum, occasionally 10 or 12, and then we flog it until it's unrecognizable and you can't get your deposit back.

Yet Another Crappy Birgin Guide
Drawingablank

Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Postby haolegolucky » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:01 pm

I live in Hilo. Welcome to the 808 and welcome to eplaya!
haolegolucky

Burning Since: 2005

Postby Elliot » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:45 pm

Welcome to ePlaya, Taylor. I'm in Northern California, but it is true I fool around with pedal-powered vehicles. There is a great demand for bicycle repair in BRC, so if you set up shop you will have plenty to do. Bring spare pedals (both sizes and both sides), and the nuts and bolts that hold the crank arms onto the crank shaft on three-piece cranks. And of course, tires and tubes.
:D
Elliot's Naked Bicycle Service & Piano Bar - on 4:30 Plaza

--------Bike come unglued? Take it to the nude dude!--------

http://www.elliotsbikes.org

Fundraiser now live: http://igg.me/at/elliotsbicycleservice/x/11087604

Elliot

Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Elliot’s Bicycle Service

Postby Savannah » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:29 am

Hi Taylor! Sounds like you have your gifting all sorted out. (I still have a warm glow every time I think of my brand new friend & neighbor Rob swapping out the pre-collapsed tube that Target so kindly included with my new bike in 2008).

I've imagined you've checked out the Cali lists here:
http://regionals.burningman.com/us_ca.html

Probably wouldn't hurt to join the Hawaiian ones either:
http://regionals.burningman.com/us_hi.html

Welcome to the board. :)
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby veleda » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:53 pm

Hey there!

I'm with Sacred Spaces Village..you can check us out at our name plus dot org. We have a core organizer in Hawaii (where you at?) and are going to be doing some welding projects in San Diego the month before the burn (not cannons but beautiful ambient lighting effects - a fire-water sculpture, and few sculptures with fire-playa dust.. as well as working on version of the Basshenge project (which you can also easily search) which is a visual project stonehenge installation which will be in our courtyard. If you like what we are about.. We'd love to have you involved.
Luv n' Rocket;
Veleda
Sacred Spaces Village
veleda

Return to Introduce Yourself!