playa virgin

playa virgin

Postby winger » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:33 pm

I know this is old for u guys. I may have overlooked this somewhere How does one find out where u set up camp? When u get there?
winger

Re: playa virgin

Postby Elliot » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:44 pm

Welcome to ePlaya, Winger!

Keep reading, and you will learn all kinds of things -- some many you hadn't even thought to ask.

Basically, you camp anywhere you want, so long as you do not interfere with anybody already there or nearby. Granted, there are reserved areas for Registered Theme Camps, but these reservations expire when the event opens to regular ticket holders. (If the Registered Theme Camp has not set up by then, they are considered no-shows.)

There are also Villages you should not camp in without invitation, but I believe those will be marked.

When you pull into a likely spot, you should walk over to the neighbors and say hello, to make sure you and they are reasonably compatible. Loud music tends to be the most common mismatch.

Keep in mind that the loudest dance music is on 2:00 Street and 10:00 Street, near the corners of Esplanade, so if you want to be able to hear yourself think, you may want to camp far from there.

:D
Elliot's Bicycle Service, Camel Saddlery and Beverage Salon 5 & G as before, probably.
Ali Elliot Fy Fasan, proprietor

Caravansary Black Rock 2014

ImageImageImage
Millicent The Bus; pedal-vehicles on Playa and in Kinetic Sculpture Races.
Elliot

Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Elliot’s Bicycle & Beverage Emporium

Postby International Incident » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:44 pm

Hi there,

have a look at the first timers guide here - http://www.burningman.com/first_timers/

and have a look at the eplaya forums for answers to your camping question - here viewtopic.php?f=277&t=29356

Good luck out there
International Incident

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: P6 - a Barbie Death Village production

Postby Savannah » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:30 pm

Welcome, Winger.

You will receive a map at the Greeters Station (beyond the Gate, where they tear your ticket). The map shows you which areas are theme camp areas, and which aren't. Talking to your prospective neighbors is always very smart anyway, though.

The inner streets are higher traffic, the outer streets tend to be a little quieter (though not always).
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby jkisha » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:34 am

Hey there, welcome to eplaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Return to Introduce Yourself!