SF Virgin Burner Looking for a Project/Camp

SF Virgin Burner Looking for a Project/Camp

Postby dito89 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:08 pm

Hi All!

I have been waiting a long time to make it to burning man, and I am extremely excited that the year has finally arrive! I am a San Francisco resident and I am looking to become involved in a camp or a project this year. I have a background in theatre (well... musical theatre) and in addition to lots of energy and creativity I have the following skills to contribute: theatrical sound (microphones, speaker systems...) and light design (electrician work, programming), basic carpentry skills (chop saw, jig zaw, drills, screwdrivers, etc), and a love of all thing arts&crafty. I also love to cook, read, sing & dance, practice yoga, travel, and meet new people!

If you think I might be a good fit for you camp or can contribute to your project, please let me know!

Thanks everyone :D
DD
dito89

Re: SF Virgin Burner Looking for a Project/Camp

Postby BirthChazz » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:58 pm

Welcome! Hope you find people who will value your skill set and enthusiasm.

I am also here in beautiful San Francisco- but am still searching for a ticket. Congrats!

Warmly,

Chazz
“How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these.” George Washington Carver
BirthChazz

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Valhalla

Postby Savannah » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:35 pm

Hi DD! :D

Check this forum for the next few months, read the how-to's, browse the open camps, and message the promising ones with Why You're Awesome . . .
viewforum.php?f=283

And join all the Cali lists near you:
http://regionals.burningman.com/us_ca.html
*** 2015 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby LilRedRider » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:14 pm

If you're a no-drama person who is confident of your abilities to handle the harsh playa environment gracefully, check out Opulent Temple. Just do an Internet search and read the volunteer facts info.

Good luck!
LilRedRider

Postby tamarakay » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:36 pm

Welcome! Check out the theme camp threads. Hope you find a good home!

Oh, and read the survival guide a time or two. :wink:
When the only tool you got is a hammer, every problem looks like a hippie.

Mmmmmm I love the smell of Burning Man - Token

Getting overly dramatic about the ticket sale process is so 2012. - Maladroit

http://www.dyewithdignity.com
tamarakay

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity at BDC

Postby veleda » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:13 pm

Depending on what you are looking for ..my camp , Sacred Spaces might be a good choice. We do a ton of stuff on the playa but are generally a more mellow mystical yoga-chanting-music etc type of group. We do visionary art temples, workshops, yoga, acoustic music, etc. We're generally on the Esplanade which is nice but we're in a fairly chill hood. We're looking for some more people for our lighting/visuals crew.. so that would be another easy match. :)

You want to think about what type of burning man experience you want to have.. what kind of experience you want back at camp v. in the rest of your burn, etc.

There are a ton of SF camps.. from the intense party scenes to the back in the avenues chill coffee houses to mystical yoga camps ..its all over the map!!
Luv n' Rocket;
Veleda
Sacred Spaces Village
veleda

Postby zifra » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:22 pm

The 100th Monkey Camp is welcoming new campmates. We are located in San Jose. We will be collecting thoughts and information to feed the universal conciousnes. We did this before, and the thoughts we collected were very profound. I hope to have them up on a website soon. In addition each campmate will host a class or event that speaks to them and their strengths.

If you are interested in joining us, give me a nudge!

Zifra
Zifra

Cannot wait top get home!

"Feel it, Live it, Share it!"
zifra

Return to Introduce Yourself!