Hello!

Hello!

Postby Lotus7 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:47 pm

My name is Bekah, and last year was my first year attending Burning Man. It was also my first year in conclave. It was quite interesting to experience not only the festival, but being able to preform in front of thousands of you lovely people! I do have to say that this whole experience has changed my life. For one, I found new strengths within myself through surviving the desert, especially when I was not nearly as prepared as I should have been. I will admit, it was hard for me to open up to people in the beginning since this was a whole new experience for me. However, as the week went on, I was discovering a whole new side of my personality.

My favorite part about Burning Man is how you are free to be unique, to talk and dress as you like, and know that you will not be judged for it. Growing up I always felt like with weirdo, just because I was a little unique. I love the feeling of acceptance that I felt while I was there. The art and music that is brought by community members also blew my mind. I cannot wait to go back again one day! Sadly I do not know if this will be the year, since I am attempting to find a new job, but I am excitedly waiting the day that me and my partner will be able to make the trip back home together.

So hello! It is nice to meet all of you.
Lotus7

Re: Hello!

Postby Savannah » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:53 pm

Hi Bekah. :D
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby MyDearFriend » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:46 am

Welcome welcome. 8)
Practice Love. Exercise Sex.

"When life seems dangerous and unmanageable, just remember that it is, and that you can't survive forever."
MyDearFriend

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp DREAD PIRATE BARBIE

Postby jkisha » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:07 am

Hey there, welcome to eplaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby Lotus7 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:40 pm

Thank you!
Lotus7

Return to Introduce Yourself!