New timer from ISRAEL !

New timer from ISRAEL !

Postby mench » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:21 pm

hi there.
my name is tomer im 26 and hopefuly this year will be my first time in BRC !
my group includes 3 more friends (2 firstimers and 1 veteran) that didnt get tickets but we havent given up hope and are willing to do anything for a ticket !
any way we are really looking forward to jumping in and participating in any way we can, one of us is a skilled musician and i am a great cook :)

p.s
what kind of food should we bring ?
mench

Re: New timer from ISRAEL !

Postby Dr. Pyro » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:27 pm

bacon
Dr. Pyro

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby Simon of the Playa » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:30 pm

Last edited by Simon of the Playa on Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
breathe deep, the playa is the dust of your ancestors

A gift for the Playa
Simon of the Playa

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Postby Kevinochi » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:32 pm

Welcome!!! We hope to see you guys soon on the Playa!

Regarding what food to bring I recommend reading the survival guide first. It'll give you a good idea on prepping for what will most surely become the greatest experience in your lives. Remember you have to take everything back with you and leave zero footprint. So fruits and all that is kinda risky... Just make sure you don't let anything go bad and on that note make nice with neighbours and share. We'll be bringing mostly canned and dried food. It's not exactly a four star dinner but hey... You'll get by.

Bring some delicious delicacies from Israel to introduce your new friends to. That'll work :)
Waffles taste better slightly burned...
Kevinochi

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Barbie Death Village

Postby jkisha » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:33 pm

Hey there, welcome to eplaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby Savannah » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:40 pm

Hi Mench! :D

The Food & Drink forum . . .
viewforum.php?f=276

. . . can give you an idea of how simple or how complicated you can be with food. There are people baking pizzas in self-made pizza ovens, and pies in wheeled, portable pie ovens, there are folks grilling marinated steaks or cooking pasta (high altitude cooking time) and serving ice cream . . . but then there are folks like me who eat a little fresh, a little canned, and dried, vacuum-sealed, bagged, chilled or non-perishable . . . but who always have the champagne on ice. :D

It's up to you to decide how much time and pageantry you want to put into things. If you decide to go fancy, have some backup meals and portable snacks for low-energy times or far-flung days when you meant to leave camp for 15 minutes, and don't come home for 8 hours. :)
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby zifra » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:05 pm

THe funny thing about food on the playa is you never know which you will be. One group eats everything they touch, and the o ther has no appetite. I suggest one "real" meal a day, soups and stews are great and easy to throw rogeather. Then lots of nuts, cereal bars, peanut butter and GORP (trail mix). Keep away from fresh fruit beyond one day, it just doesn't keep well. Ice is available so you can keep things like butter and cream for coffee for many days. And yes, as stated before, bacon is king on the playa!

See you in the city!

Zifra
Zifra
100'th Monkey Camp
G at 8:45
Black Rock City 2012

"Feel it, Live it, Share it!"
zifra

Postby Drawingablank » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:03 am

Welcome.
Savannah: I don't know what it is, but no thread here escapes alive. You'll get 1 or 2 real answers at minimum, occasionally 10 or 12, and then we flog it until it's unrecognizable and you can't get your deposit back.

Yet Another Crappy Birgin Guide
Drawingablank

Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Return to Introduce Yourself!