Newbie seeks camp to join

Newbie seeks camp to join

Postby bazzafly » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:21 pm

Hello Burners

I can not even begin to tell you how blessed i feel to finally have the time and chance to attend this event in human participation and expansion. Having said that I have had my doubts with many folks telling me oh its not like it used to be or wow look at the ticket situation. Well here are my thoughts on that. Burning man stands for so many valuable things, inclusion for one. This means that the landscape will always change and the attendance, art and vibe will move with these changes, however the basic principles will always be there as a backbone. I was lucky to get the tickets i registered for and feel that this is the year for me to finally attend and get lost in the sea of human participatory art expression, gift giving, self reliance etc etc. So regardless of the changes I still see burning man as it was meant to be an evolution of human expression and cooperation and collaboration. As for the ticket sales I have seen the burning man team working day and night to find solutions and also to find acceptance in what has happened. If only this kind of insight was common place amongst corporate leaders and politicians oy vay would that be a world to live and love in.

So my name is colton i left the US in 1992 for the burning land (Australia) and am returning on a soul healing journey this year inspired by an aya journey in 2009. I am headed back to Colorado in May so hope to meet with Colorado Burners and find a camp in which i may participate in any way possible. I am not an artist (or at least have not let that cat out of the bag yet) I am an aquatic ecologist i see nature as one massive canvas constantly changing and evolving. I have renovated 3 houses so i am somewhat handy with hammer and nails. Shy and extroverted all in one. I am at that point looking over the cliff in my life and realizing "there is no later" so here i come to help burn the man.

Ciao for now

Colton
bazzafly

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: French Quarter, Cafe fin de lu Monde

Re: Newbie seeks camp to join

Postby Savannah » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:58 pm

Hey Colton! :D Hello from another Shy Extrovert.

Colorado Burners can be reached here. I'd consider signing up for more than one list if I were you. (Why not?)
http://regionals.burningman.com/us_co.html

Keep your eye on the 2012 Theme Camps forum, especially "Theme Camps Seeking Participants" & "How to Join a Theme Camp":
viewforum.php?f=283

Keep in mind that the theme camp experience is optional--you can camp alone, or with friends, and simply visit theme camps--but as a renovator, you might find numerous camps that would be happy to have you.

As for the ticket sales I have seen the burning man team working day and night to find solutions and also to find acceptance in what has happened. If only this kind of insight was common place amongst corporate leaders and politicians oy vay would that be a world to live and love in.

Very interesting take on the whole business. :)

Here's one more thread that might be germane to you, should you be interested.

Tips for Shy People at Burning Man
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=45094&start=0
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Re: Newbie seeks camp to join

Postby Elderberry » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:59 pm

Hey there, welcome to eplaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
Elderberry

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Return to Introduce Yourself!