sage_ is burning!

sage_ is burning!

Postby dangerous » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:02 pm

hello to all,

i have been posting on eplaya for a couple of weeks and thought i should make an introduction. today is my 50th birthday and Burning Man my present to myself. i hope to meet people who will challenge my perception of me, leave a pile of baggage behind and come back to my family dusty.

i will be traveling with a long time greeter and most likely will help out there. i am also looking forward to visiting the kink camps and yoga/meditation camps, so if you have a suggestion or two please point me in their direction.

cheers from Toronto- susan

The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.

Chardin
dangerous

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Camp Retrofrolic

Re: sage_ is burning!

Postby Savannah » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:34 pm

What a great 50th Birthday present to give yourself! :D Welcome, Susan! I'm glad you're friends with a habitual Greeter: you will have lots of reminders about 1-ply and MOOP, and less cause to doubt that you are welcome in Black Rock City at any given time. Lots of virgins are nervous about being welcome . . . but welcome you are.

Especially if you're nice to the potties and the environment. :lol:

The 9 o'clock side of the city is considered the "Red Light District" (generally from 7 o'clock to 9'o'clock-ish) but the whole city is pretty relaxed about things (I really didn't know there was a difference for a long time, but Kidsville is on the other side of the city, so there IS a bit of a difference, I guess).

You will find lots of camps that suit your interests; I might suggest Retrofrolic and Suspended Animation camp--amid the many. (Google them, or google their names with the keyword eplaya added). These--and many others of interest to you--will also be listed in the What/When/Where guide you receive at Greeters, and will probably have a listing under "Theme Camps" on the main site and in the 2012 Theme Camps forum in a few months. Stick around and you'll see . . . there are new camps every year, too.

And Yoga will be, well . . . everywhere!
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby illy dilly » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:10 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUE!!!!!!!!!!

And welcome to eplaya!

I'd recommend hitting up the 2012 Theme Camps section of eplaya, and looking for a camp called Retro Frolic. Run by some great people!
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
illy dilly

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Postby delle » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:31 pm

Happy Birthday, Sage!!!

And congratulations for offering yourself what might well be the best gift you'll ever receive! Deep-reaching and Long-lasting, it'll touch and change you in ways you haven't even dreamed of yet.

Please do shoot me a message if you're ever going to be in the Quebec City area. It's always nice to meet like-minded folks in old defaultia.
GYPSY! We need your opinion on this. STAT!!
delle

Postby dangerous » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:00 pm

Savannah wrote:Especially if you're nice to the potties and the environment. :lol:
You will find lots of camps that suit your interests; I might suggest Retrofrolic and Suspended Animation camp--And Yoga will be, well . . . everywhere!

thank you!!!! and i will be very nice to the potties i promise
illy dilly wrote:And welcome to eplaya!
I'd recommend hitting up the 2012 Theme Camps section of eplaya, and looking for a camp called Retro Frolic. Run by some great people!

Retrofolic sounds like a great experience; thank you!

The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.

Chardin
dangerous

Postby dangerous » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:04 pm

delle wrote:Happy Birthday, Sage!!!
And congratulations for offering yourself what might well be the best gift you'll ever receive! Deep-reaching and Long-lasting, it'll touch and change you in ways you haven't even dreamed of yet.
Please do shoot me a message if you're ever going to be in the Quebec City area. It's always nice to meet like-minded folks in old defaultia.

hello delle- i have never been to QC only Montreal. i have heard wonderful things about it though, so it is on my list of places to see. i will keep you in mind when i visit ;) thanks so much for the encouraging words.

Chardin
dangerous

Postby Elderberry » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:45 pm

Hey there, welcome to eplaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
Elderberry

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Return to Introduce Yourself!